PDA

View Full Version : Question about battle rank...

aclors
Dec 18, 2005, 01:33 PM
Hmmm, I was looking at the rank calculator info - http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1863 - and I'm a bit confused. Firstly, is it 0.8 or 1.8 points for each damage point negated? Also, the strategy that it gives for getting an S rank does not work for me; do those guard cards really count as 99 defense? I worked out the rank that I should get according to what it says and I should get an S rank, but I always get like a B or B+.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: aclors on 2005-12-18 10:34 ]</font>

LoveAndLunacy
Dec 19, 2005, 06:17 AM
Well sometimes it is not always correct i think it is just the general idea of what rank you should get not an exact value. A Better way to get an S-rank every time is to formulate your own method of doing so. I have done and may post it on this site soon to allow others to use it.
Cecil liceC

SLON
Dec 20, 2005, 08:02 AM
Guykild and Saligun often play together in on-line tournaments (COM). I almost always get S Rank fighting these two, because they will equip lots of 1 and 2 point weapons; rampage works wonders!!

aclors
Dec 20, 2005, 04:10 PM
On 2005-12-20 05:02, SLON wrote:
Guykild and Saligun often play together in on-line tournaments (COM). I almost always get S Rank fighting these two, because they will equip lots of 1 and 2 point weapons; rampage works wonders!!

I would do that, but I have no online access. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I need a surefire way of getting an S cause I suck. I always get Cs or even Es.

Bladehunter
Dec 21, 2005, 04:04 AM
Well, if you're focused on getting S rank and have two controllers, you can always start a twoplayer game.
Choose player 1 as a Hunter and equip a sword, and choose player two as any Arkz, with a bunch of low hp monsters. Then start a fight, place the monsters three and three, then slice them with the hunter. to that for a few turns and then finish off the Arkz. Should earn your hunter a S battle rank.

(I am not the one who came up with this, just remember reading it somewhere.)

aclors
Dec 21, 2005, 05:17 PM
On 2005-12-21 01:04, Bladehunter wrote:
Well, if you're focused on getting S rank and have two controllers, you can always start a twoplayer game.
Choose player 1 as a Hunter and equip a sword, and choose player two as any Arkz, with a bunch of low hp monsters. Then start a fight, place the monsters three and three, then slice them with the hunter. to that for a few turns and then finish off the Arkz. Should earn your hunter a S battle rank.

(I am not the one who came up with this, just remember reading it somewhere.)

Well, yeah, I know how to do that. I'm talking about story mode though, particularly Arkz. I suck at Arkz cause I don't have many good monster cards.

SLON
Dec 22, 2005, 08:02 AM
In that case, don't worry too much. You need decent weapons and cards to have a good chance of getting S Rank scores, so just keep playing until you have levelled up some more.