PDA

View Full Version : GameSpot Episode I & II Hands-on

WraithAkaMrak
Sep 13, 2002, 10:02 PM
(If this has been posted already, my apologies. I didn't see it mentioned yet.)

GameSpot posted a hands-on article for Episode I & II today. Go check it out before it's subscription-only.

gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2880316,00.html

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Sep 13, 2002, 10:16 PM
"When playing in [offline] multimode, you'll have the option to choose between three game types: normal, battle, or challenge"

Omfg =o_@=

RavenTW
Sep 13, 2002, 10:44 PM
This summary is for after Gamespot makes this members only, as well as express my love over certain things.

The single-player game will let you choose between playing the original Phantasy Star Online, listed as Episode I, or the new installment, Episode II.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the upside, we're pleased to report that you'll be able to hang on to your weapons after you're cut down in your prime. You'll just have to reequip when you go back to the battlefield.

Finally! Now PKers will lose their fun!

We never thought we'd be expected to deal with enemies in narrow corridors, but the sound of dimenians closing in behind us while we tried to get past an enormous pile driver certainly made it clear it was time to learn.

Hmmm...that should be interesting...

The one aspect that will take some getting used to is that when one player dies, if he or she opts to return to the ship to be revived, the other member of the group will go along for the ride.

No comment

Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II is slated to ship this October in the US.

I guess that's good.

(and my personal favorite)

Finally, the new hunter character, a Hucaseal, is a female android who looks suspiciously like a ninja and is likely to be the coolest new class addition in the game because the combination of ninja, robot, and female just drips cool.

but, as we said, there's just not topping a she-ninja-bot combo.

I couldn't agree more http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

WraithAkaMrak
Sep 13, 2002, 10:50 PM
The new ranger character, a Ramarl, ... wields her pistol sideways, "gangsta style," showing that Sonic Team is indeed down with the kids.Heheh.

Gladius
Sep 13, 2002, 11:12 PM
Does the taking everyone back to the ship only apply to the non-online multiplayer mode or will it do that even when playing online?

Because that would be pretty annoying.

Cube
Sep 14, 2002, 12:58 AM
What surprised me is how they liked the graphics so much, they look good still, but not too diff. from PSO v2...

Ness
Sep 14, 2002, 09:34 AM
I can't wait till October!!

RavenTW
Sep 14, 2002, 10:02 AM
On 2002-09-13 21:12, Gladius wrote:
Does the taking everyone back to the ship only apply to the non-online multiplayer mode or will it do that even when playing online?

Because that would be pretty annoying.

It was only on 2p multi-offline. I doubt it would apply online.

NiGHTS
Sep 15, 2002, 12:38 PM
I presume it's because the GC wouldn't be able to keep the Pioneer and Temple loaded at the same time.

Davion
Sep 15, 2002, 01:16 PM
Bingo! Offline challenge mode.

Takahashi
Sep 15, 2002, 04:37 PM
DROOL i cant wait.