PDA

View Full Version : Need help with C5

LoveAndLunacy
Dec 20, 2005, 07:09 PM
We have a HUcast and a HUcaseal who are up to C5 but keep getting killed eventually as we do not find any good weapons until like the third area and are low or out of monomates and dimates by then. Any suggestions on how to make this easier from personal experience. We have read the guides for challenge mode and have the maps available but still run out of items.
Cecil liceC

Delfi
Dec 20, 2005, 07:52 PM
find a force character to play with.im sorry but its a must for cmode really to have 1 force in your team, especially on them later challenges as the force usually starts out with a decent resta spell.

also only use 2 hit combos - not 3 hit combos - 2 hits and run, for garanz run around them in circles while player number 2 stands outside the room and the garanz will kill itself soon enough.

dont use a mono/di/tri mate until almost all your health has gone.

I hope you find these points useful - best of luck finishing off cmode.

Shigecki
Dec 21, 2005, 02:38 AM
E1 or E2?

SLON
Dec 22, 2005, 07:59 AM
Force doesn't get Resta in Ep1 until C7, unless you have a lucky drop. A Force is a killer on C5 - Zonde kills most things. If you don't have a Force, then take your time, there is no rush. You only have to worry about Sinows, and you can double-team them if you can't cope with them one on one. If there are a few Sinows, confuse them. Find the Healing rings, and keep going back to them (can't remember where they are, as I never use them!!).
If you are talking about Ep2, then you will definitely need a Force along, otherwise you are going to have problems killing Epsilon.

Sitka
Dec 22, 2005, 01:39 PM
On 2005-12-20 16:52, Delfi wrote:
find a force character to play with.im sorry but its a must for cmode really to have 1 force in your team, especially on them later challenges as the force usually starts out with a decent resta spell.

also only use 2 hit combos - not 3 hit combos - 2 hits and run, for garanz run around them in circles while player number 2 stands outside the room and the garanz will kill itself soon enough.

dont use a mono/di/tri mate until almost all your health has gone.

I hope you find these points useful - best of luck finishing off cmode.

A force is very helpful for c5, but as Slon says, if you take your time you can do without and it's good practice to learn how to be more self-reliant.

Two-hit combos is good, but also try to hit from behind or side. You miss a lot and when striking from the front, even with a two hit combo attempt, you will take lots of hits.

We're learning to keep attacking the Garanz from behind, even ganging up on him, without taking damage. This speeds things up considerably from our old plan of having someone "run" the Garanz. Still, if only two of you and no force, it's certainly safer to run the Garanz.

Be careful with allowing your hp to get too low. We do it all the time in an attempt to save mates, but I can tell you we also drop a lot of scapes from an unexpected crit or a blast from something not in our field of vision.

One strategy you might have is something we typically do for TA attempts. Set some graves in an easy to get area of the first room and run that room, quitting when neccessary, until you get multiple mates/dimates/even trimates and/or run the first room or two until you get a good weapon or two to drop. When you have either the extra mates or the good weapon or two, then go for the run.

Having a killer weapon early (hit daggers or buster)and a few extra mates makes the run go much, much easier.

Anyway, I'm not a cmode expert, but I've learned a few things along the way and those have helped me out.

Luck to you.