PDA

View Full Version : Okay.. this is getting out of hand...

BogusKun
Dec 24, 2005, 11:49 PM
Apparently, on some websites... people are making fun of this guy named Josh who killed himself over myspace friends he had and all this...
(Picture says all?)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/FreePics4u/mys/notdeadhuh.gif

I'm just gettin sick and tired of these wierd incidents where people are talking crap and then again... he's logging on his account so I am confused. I WANT THE TRUTH DAMMIT!

CupOfCoffee
Dec 25, 2005, 12:20 AM
I think that "last logged on" thing is just a little screwy. One of my friends does MySpace, and her thing never tells accurately when she was last on.

Saiffy
Dec 25, 2005, 12:37 AM
I doubt many people are laughing at the fact he killed myself, you'd me a heartless fucktard to do that. It's what he posted before he did it that was funny, at the time. I admit, I chuckled a bit when I read it, but at first I didn't even know he killed himself. Eventually, it got old, people moved on.

Was his death funny? No, fuck no. The way he tried to grab attention was funny, but after I found out he did kill himself, I felt bad for laughing, but then I remembered why I found it funny, and it wasn't the knowledge that he killed himself. I shrugged and moved on.

Sure, I'm missing the point of the whole thread, but I've been wanting to say my 2 cents on it for awhile.

navci
Dec 25, 2005, 01:01 AM
>.>
People need to appreciate life more.
Honestly, people who are EMO have too much time on their hands. That is why you get EMO, you have nothing else better to do.

Blitzkommando
Dec 25, 2005, 01:03 AM
Either way, it really doesn't matter to me. It's not my position to go nosing my way into other's affairs nor is it my position to guess as to the truth of the situation. Really, can't say I feel sad, or sorry, or any emotion really. In any event, some people have been acting pretty sick about the situation whatever the truth is.

Niki
Dec 25, 2005, 01:20 AM
On 2005-12-24 22:01, navinator wrote:
>.>
People need to appreciate life more.
Honestly, people who are EMO have too much time on their hands. That is why you get EMO, you have nothing else better to do.

Wow. i think that's one of the truest things i've ever heard. Not to mention all the time that one spends on hair, glasses, and clothing to make sure everyone knows you're emo.

Besides, MySpace is overrated; everyone i know has only gotten laid half the times that the website promises. What a ripoff.

ABDUR101
Dec 25, 2005, 01:36 AM
Never know if a family member or even investigers logged on the computer to check for things that have transpired online.

People can form new identities online very easily, and they may hide who they are/what they feel in real life and only open up to those online.

As for this particular case, don't know, never heard about it before now, prolly don't care to hear about it further.

Skorpius
Dec 25, 2005, 05:36 AM
1: I laughed. At his MySpace, at the comments (Several Girls: "I love you Josh!"), and at the fad-sites on YTMND.

2: His parents are supposedly starting an investigation into his suicide. There's a rumor that they're also forming a law suit against MySpace, but that will fail (if it's true). The login date is, apparently, the investigation team, or the auto-login. It could be that he had his homepage set to MySpace, with auto-login checked, so anyone using the internet would enter his page.

BogusKun
Dec 25, 2005, 02:43 PM
On 2005-12-25 02:36, Skorpius wrote:
1: I laughed. At his MySpace, at the comments (Several Girls: "I love you Josh!"), and at the fad-sites on YTMND.

2: His parents are supposedly starting an investigation into his suicide. There's a rumor that they're also forming a law suit against MySpace, but that will fail (if it's true). The login date is, apparently, the investigation team, or the auto-login. It could be that he had his homepage set to MySpace, with auto-login checked, so anyone using the internet would enter his page.

There aren't auto-login features for myspace yet. The YTMND's pretty much opened up Josh's myspace forums to more bashing and flaming.

Most likely there are investigators and family members logging in his name (if he saved his password).

What I know is, he was a rich kid. He had few friends... I'm just gettin tired of these mixed conspiracies because it's popping up on many other sites, someone is always mentioning it haha.

Rion772
Dec 25, 2005, 08:25 PM
I've seen another like this. See, emo kids just add onto the high-school drama. I sympathize though.

Dre_o
Dec 26, 2005, 01:51 AM
Emos get in my way. They don't appreciate life. And saying that they don't, there are PLENTY of easier ways to end their lives than waste my time being all over the news and message boards.

Not saying that I don't feel sorry for the guy or anything, cause I do feel sorry for anyone who dies, in one way or another. Just it is a HUGE waste of my time, yet it is unavoidable.

FOAtHeart
Dec 26, 2005, 01:58 AM
It's pathetic how people will make fun of this dude (or anyone else, for that matter) Because of what? His hairstyle? His music?

It makes me mad.

It's never funny when someone kills themself.
Just makes me so furious. :/

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 26, 2005, 06:06 AM
On 2005-12-24 22:03, Norvekh wrote:
Either way, it really doesn't matter to me. It's not my position to go nosing my way into other's affairs nor is it my position to guess as to the truth of the situation. Really, can't say I feel sad, or sorry, or any emotion really. In any event, some people have been acting pretty sick about the situation whatever the truth is.

That's the idea we should all take out of this.

Rumormill ideas and thoeries upon other theories conspiracy thoeries with Mel gibson running around etc. until it what, explodes?

Suicide isn't funny.

The people who commit suicide are likely to have wanted to get back at someone rather than having "no way out" considering anyone with a few minutes to mull things over when calmed down can see that life is tough, but not worth giving up and killing yourself over this person or this injustice, etc.

They want to see the effects of their suicide on others. But it doesn't happen that way, when you're dead you're dead.

I've read about the stories of people using the comment function of these crap sites to spam meaningless hate in every direction, concerning deceased individuals before.

Its ridiculous that there is no punishment for such comments when you can easily track down your perps quickly and easily, with a lot of people having contact info sitting on their respective home pages within the website.

Its also even more ridiculous when people accept such behavior as commonplace, cool, or the thing to do and join in on the "fun".

Your 1st amendment rights can only hold up soo far.

If you decide to say anything particularly nasty to offend others, don't be surprised if nobody believes you when you say it was just a joke or prank.

What the hell happened to shame?

WraithVerge
Dec 27, 2005, 03:44 PM
Suicide is the easy way out of everything. The ESC button for life, to put it bluntly. The one mistake you can't learn from.

Sinue_v2
Dec 28, 2005, 12:29 AM
The ESC button for life, to put it bluntly.

Wouldn't it be more like Ctrl-Alt-Del?

Solstis
Dec 28, 2005, 12:57 AM
On 2005-12-25 22:51, Dre_o wrote:
Emos get in my way. They don't appreciate life. And saying that they don't, there are PLENTY of easier ways to end their lives than waste my time being all over the news and message boards.

Not saying that I don't feel sorry for the guy or anything, cause I do feel sorry for anyone who dies, in one way or another. Just it is a HUGE waste of my time, yet it is unavoidable.

I don't see how Emos are in your way, but... okay. On that subject, how exactly did he waste your time? Unless you went out of your way to research the dude, I don't really see where your frustration is coming from. Are you fueled by the souls of others, and thus, his death decreased your powers?

"Grr! How dare he kill himself!" seems just as silly as the suicide.

EJ
Dec 28, 2005, 01:31 AM
The last login date thing is like everyone said, someone else log onto his account, but the internet is a strange place where many people have nothing better to do but make like of someone's death.

Emo or not, the way some people on the internet have the time to make light of someone's death is pretty disturbing.

But the truth is this is the internet and there'll always be people who simply won't grow up. I feel bad for his friends and family but to go and sue MySpace over all I can saw is this country is sue happy.