PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Mario Kart DS Players

Link00seven
Dec 25, 2005, 04:23 PM
I just got another DS and Mario Kart DS and i'm all up for a game! I got Nintendo WFC up and running and i've already played a couple games with it.

Name: Link007
Friends Code: 274939 708866

If you add me, post here with your friends code so we can play a game.

Tact
Dec 25, 2005, 04:34 PM
I just got it today, but I'm not connected to WiFi yet. I'll edit this post when I get my friend code, then I'll be happy to get my ass whupped.

Scrub
Dec 25, 2005, 05:55 PM
Name is Scrub of course. :>

2148-1017-2540

Kuea
Dec 25, 2005, 07:25 PM
hmm

I is alot like Tact http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

got it today~

Getting WiFi thingy soon >_>

EH!?! WTF!?!? PSOW HAS SNOW!?

o.o;;; that was weird when I first noticied it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

In any case~ I be gibbign my code when I gets online~ n.n ( hopefully I also recieve Animal Crossing at the same time http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )

trypticon
Dec 25, 2005, 08:48 PM
For Mario Kart DS
Friend code is 214808013816

oops, forgot. Name is Adam

For Animal Crossing Wild World

Friend code is 524046931097
Town name is Trypton
Character name is Adam

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2005-12-25 18:04 ]</font>

Allos
Dec 25, 2005, 08:56 PM
Name: Allos

code: 176155 548130

Getintothegame
Dec 25, 2005, 10:24 PM
Anyone up for a game in an hour or so?

The old thread was here, for reference (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=105318&forum=9&26).

Eh, mine is 008650-430259. (Get)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-12-25 19:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-12-25 20:38 ]</font>

Link00seven
Dec 25, 2005, 10:27 PM
I added all you guys! I'm not 100% sure how the confirmation thing works, but if we're both on each others list when we log in it should work okay.

Scrub
Dec 25, 2005, 10:41 PM
I added everyone too~

if anyone's up for a game(and will explain to me how you PLAY with friends DX), PM me.

trypticon
Dec 25, 2005, 11:25 PM
It's actually quite easy. When you get onto your DS, choose the Nintendo WiFi option, and continue to WiFi match, considering you have already done your wifi setup. That should give you a few options that I can't see at the moment, like Regional, Global, Friend, matches. If you want to race with people on your friends list, go to Friend match. Then your DS will search to see if they are on, and if they are available for a game. If you can get anyone who is, that's great, if not, you may be either waiting a while for the search to stop, or you will get a message indicating that the system is searching, and that your game may have less than four people in it after the search is done.

That's it. The system does the work for you. If you've got the wifi working in your house, it's a hell of a lot easier to set up games, because you can just go to forums like this, or on MSN or AIM or YIM and tell your friends to get the heck online with their DS's so you can set up a game. If you're like me, and have a wireless setup at home that isn't compatible with Nintendo WiFi, then.. well, you have to go to a McDonalds, or some other spot (NOT STARBUCKS! IT WON'T WORK THERE!), and just hope for the best, or do either regional or global searches, both of which still take forever to find players.

So far with Mario Kart DS, I'm liking offline much more than online. The NPCs don't disconnect randomly, or do the mini power boosts constantly.

EDIT: In continuation of the complaint I have for the online environment in Mario Kart.

Expect a major overhaul of Mario Kart DS' online functionality in the coming months, with a survey sent out to registers using echoing internal unease at Nintendo. Understandably naive about online gaming given Mario Kart DS was Nintendo's first online venture, the scoring system underpinning MKDS' online play has been the source of some frustration for many users of the firm's incredible Wi-Fi service. Although the basics are rock solid – rapid matches, low lag rates etc. – gamer integrity has failed step up to this standard. Users dropping out of games to avoid recording a loss is, without question, the lead issue. Given that your games are played against a minimum of one opponent, an average player should see a score ratio of 50:50. Factor in that often games host four players, three of whom would record a loss if the game is completed, and a brief foray into Mario Kart DS online will show that the number of bogus scores far outnumbers the genuine ones at time of going to press. The site believes that Nintendo will initially punish those dropping from games with a loss, though a more complete overhaul is expected to be rolled out. The ability to leave some kind of feedback is likely to be implemented in a later phase of what the site has learned will a be program aimed at gradually settling concerns of users. It is also thought that retrospective 'tagging' of opponents will occur, with users able to add other players after a race concludes. On the back of this comes a survey released by Nintendo of America questioning Mario Kart DS users, calling for proposed changes to the system. From gamers using the Nintendo system at this time, we expect clan options to be a popular request, with the subject of 'snaking' – power-drifting from side to side on certain tracks – to hear both calls for a ban and calls for acceptance in equal measure. This information was gleaned from http://www.fwoun.com which borrowed it from http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/

Animal Crossing DS seems to be a little more difficult to get online with. All you have to go on are the people on your friends list, and none of them have had their doors open whenever I am in a place I can check. So while the ability to chat is very promising on this game, I'm not seeing an easy way to ever GET into anybodies town if I have to rely on posting in a forum, then seeing if I can get to a local wifi spot in time to actually get into the other guys' town before he closes his doors.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2005-12-25 20:44 ]</font>

EJ
Dec 25, 2005, 11:42 PM
Name: EJ

Friend code: 201925461572

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2005-12-27 15:08 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Dec 26, 2005, 11:23 PM
Last night's game was amazing, I'm calling on more players to show next time!

Skett
Dec 27, 2005, 01:56 AM
I just added Getintothegame and Link00seven to my list of people. My number is 103139-946054. Add me and we'll race sometime, a'right?

Get EDIT: Fixed your HTML, don't forget we use BB Code (http://www.pso-world.com/bbcode_ref.php). http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-12-26 23:16 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Dec 27, 2005, 02:18 AM
I call a race tomorrow. We should almost get an offical weekly PSOW Game Gather where we play some game online as a community meet up on games other than PSO...

I'm probably going to propose this to the other Admins and Mods.

Anyway, how about a race sometime tomorrow?

Allos
Dec 27, 2005, 11:26 AM
On 2005-12-26 23:18, Getintothegame wrote:

Anyway, how about a race sometime tomorrow?

Sure...but you'll probably kick my ass again, haha.

WashuSaotome
Jan 6, 2006, 04:52 PM
My friend code is 283530 148819
The name is Saotome, of course. Blarf.

Stan
Jan 6, 2006, 06:21 PM
my code is 360837-534293 name (in katakana) sutan engeren http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Edit:what bout a race right now?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stan on 2006-01-06 15:22 ]</font>

EJ
Jan 7, 2006, 12:45 AM
When is everyone on because so far I have race against no one here yet.

ps. I hate racing against snakers! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Orange_Coconut
Jan 8, 2006, 10:56 PM
I recently played this game earlier tonight with a friend of mine who had it (so I didn't have the game cartridge).

They added a lot of new, nice things for battle mode. Shy Guy didn't seem so great, but hey... I didn't have Mario Kart DS so I was stuck with him.

I don't know how many people here like the battle mode in Mario Kart DS, but in my opinion it's better than it has been in the last few games. It really was nice in Mario Kart 64, which was probably it's peak (but there were spots where you could sit and snipe in the block fortress). But after the N64 Mario Kart I felt like the Battle Mode had been going downhill.

I like the regular game (though everytime I got hit with a Blooper I could usually still see where I was going). The new items are pretty nice, I'm a bit disappointed that the red shells don't home in after being set down anymore. Also, I'm glad they re-added the jump. They also have different character and vehicle stats according to my friend, I should have looked at the screen for myself I guess..

Anwyays, I am really looking in to getting this game, does anyone know if it's commonly out of stock in game stores anymore? I might stop my Game Stop to pick one up or something.

EJ
Jan 8, 2006, 11:51 PM
no, it's was only out of stock during the hoildays so you should be a ble to find it with little problem.

Getintothegame
Jan 9, 2006, 02:13 AM
Hey, we should race again soon!

Anyone wanna set up a time in like 2 days advance notice?

trypticon
Jan 9, 2006, 04:11 AM
Depends on the time. I haven't had a chance to race any of you people yet. Lately, I've been trying to get into people's town's on AC WW.

EJ
Jan 9, 2006, 05:04 AM
On 2006-01-08 23:13, Getintothegame wrote:
Hey, we should race again soon!

Anyone wanna set up a time in like 2 days advance notice?

I don't mind that just name a time and a day and I'll be online.

Note: any time after 5pm est is good for me since I have class till 4pm est.

Feelmirath
Jan 9, 2006, 02:27 PM
Well, if anybody wants to race against me, my code is:
*Watch this space, MKDS being exchanged due to faultiness*
Name: ?Rath?
And please dont snake ;P

EDIT: Forgot to put in name >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feelmirath on 2006-01-09 11:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feelmirath on 2006-01-11 10:06 ]</font>

LeRoy_G
Jan 9, 2006, 02:47 PM
Mine is:

is anyone interessted in a race right now?

Orange_Coconut
Jan 11, 2006, 02:27 PM
I just got the game today, I'm rather excited. =)

My friend code is: 253466-276009

Firocket1690
Jan 11, 2006, 07:27 PM
On 2006-01-10 23:05, Firocket1690 wrote:
wewt. :3

Friend code gib! :o

:o

Oh, and due to the abundance of snakes, you guys might want to beat most of offline mode, and get decent at the game before going online. For starters, you might want to learn how to snake (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4422514278785769760&q=mario+kart+ds).

I swear, despite what NOA people say, snaking wasn't intended. If the staff developers intended to put it in the game, then why don't any of the staff ghosts snake? It's just now that Mario Kart is online, people bitch and rant about snakes, that it has been brought to Nintendo's attention. And since they're lazy, they claim to have intended it. Yet, staff people don't snake! I've beaten the Time Trial Staff peoples by a huge margin, sometimes more than three seconds.

Snaking was generally one of those underground techniques, then Nintendo started supporting it, and said it was a valid technique, which I agree, but having them say it encourages a lot of other people to snake as well (mainly, the couple thousand people on nintendo.com's forums) So with that many more snakes, I'm suggesting you guys get decent at it, or else you'll get raped online.

Speaking of gettign raped online. Anyone play west coast/new york regional on christmas morning? All the mkds virgins with 0:0 records. RAPE'D by firo. >_>;;;
Then noa andy wrote up his article and all the nintendo support for snaking techniques came by, lot more snakes are online, and since then, my win% dropped quite drastically. Not that much, because firo's uber, but still. >_>; :wacko:

Oh, while I'm here (http://photobucket.com/albums/a121/Firocket1690/MKDS%20Decals/).
I'm using my NES Link avatar. :3

Hey, link00, if i recall, you live in ny, no ? I usually play regional a lot, os we might bump into each other. :L

Zelutos
Jan 12, 2006, 03:37 AM
Name is Zelutos, my friend code is: 189041 798153