PDA

View Full Version : offline addslot

arisen_devil
Dec 28, 2005, 05:56 AM
i'm offline only, and have 4 characters ( skyly, viridia, redria and whitill). but i need addslots, and after 15 or so runs with my redria RAcast on hard "letter from lionel" forest 1 only, i only found 1 addslot. what would be the easiest way for me to find addslots with these 4 IDs?

Feelmirath
Dec 28, 2005, 06:40 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=618
Take your pick http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
I'd recommend doing runs in an area you actually like, though.

arisen_devil
Dec 28, 2005, 07:27 AM
well, i like forest runs, but the thing is, when i was still in hard mode, completing quests, i found about 7 addslots in forest 1 boxes, and now that i'm level 53, and playing through vhard mode, i went back to hard forest to get some addslots, but now i'm getting a lot less (about 1/15 runs). that's the reason i'm asking this question, or is just that my luck is running out?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 28, 2005, 08:14 AM
Hmm.

If you're using the add slots on lower leveled armor, it might be a good idea to hold out for a bit.

In the armory shop in town there will be 3 or 4 slotted armor eventually. Just keep coming back up to Pioneer 2 and they will show up around Hard-VHard modes.

It will be a bit expensive yes, but its much easier to buy these armors with slots included than it is to upgrade your current equipment.

And hence when you gain enough levels, your current 4 slotted armor may be outdated and now easily replaced by stronger defensive armor, no?

The Add slots were introduced in Episode 1 & 2 mostly to be able to add more slots to rare armors that were found and had little or no slots.

Back in the DC days if you wanted a rare armor with slots, good luck finding one again. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Feelmirath
Dec 28, 2005, 08:15 AM
Basically, it's all down to luck. When you were getting more addslots than you are now, were you doing more frequent runs of the forest?

arisen_devil
Dec 28, 2005, 08:43 AM
i stupidly used my addslots on db's armor , d-parts 1.01 (which is now on my lvl 53 redria RAcast) and revival garment (used this from lvl 58-76 with my HUcast), so that's why i don't have anymore now. (i never use addslots on 'common' armor though), but these are low-level armors indeed, and i will keep your advice on them in mind, but at the time, i thought addslots would be easier to find since i had found 7 in a single day.

and i didn't necessarily do more runs when playing through hard mode... i completed all offline quests which include forest 1, except for letter from lionel, and went through forest just once to beat it and advance to caves.

Ketchup345
Dec 28, 2005, 08:46 AM
Redria Normal Temple Nar Lilies have a 7/8 drop for them. You could pipe if you want, but it would be a bit expensive for Add Slots. If your RAcast isn't too high of a level, you could remake it as a human or Newman, as Redria has some very good items from rare enemies.

(If you are on BB or just hate piping, ignore everything I said about piping and recreating)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2005-12-28 05:47 ]</font>

arisen_devil
Dec 28, 2005, 09:04 AM
i'm on gc, and i guess it wouldn't take too long to create a redria HUnewearl (was a very low lvl whitill now), and recreate a whitill RAcast to get the guld milla combo. i've already piped for 4 god/body units in vhard waterfall tears, and it wasn't cheap at all. i tried the temple trick already too, but i used more than 30 telepipes and still nothing...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 28, 2005, 09:18 AM
Yes, picking a character that has ample TP does help when you are piping. That way you won't get stuck in the area as well and have to walk back if you lose concentration and run out of telepipes. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

You have to consider that in GC/Xbox on top of it being a character class you like, an ID you want to find items with, maybe not using the character a whole lot, and perhaps maxing the character out in due time, etc.

My apologies for not thinking of the lower level requirement rare armor and assuming the worst, heh.

Another tip would be to have a 4 slot armor that the majority of your characters can use be transferred to the character you are using at the time. Sharing an armor will help you conserve the add slots for later, right?

Considering you can't use 4-8-12 or more characters at the same time, pardoning a multimode offline(no fun!) run with others.

Forte1224
Dec 28, 2005, 04:20 PM
I don't think you wasted the addslots. I used addslots on the exactly same items you did (excluding revival garment).

I thought you were using them on non-rare armors. That would be just queer.

If you have a greenil, get it to ultimate ASAP. Those Guard Waves will be super easy to find.

DeadlyForce
Jan 14, 2006, 10:40 PM
Add slots...I Have Absolutely No Luck With Them, Out Of My 4 People(Lvl 112, 51 47 and 30).. I Never Found One!! Curse You Addslots!!....And The Piping... i tried piping for red slimes for a god/body... i did AT LEAST 80 pipes and NO RED SLIME! Where Did My Luck Go?!?!

Ketchup345
Jan 14, 2006, 10:43 PM
Please don't post in/bump topics older than 2 weeks. IT is against forum rules.

And rare enemies have a 1/512 appearance rate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2006-01-14 19:44 ]</font>