PDA

View Full Version : Episode 2 accessible before clearing Episode 1 (according to

BaronLaw
Sep 14, 2002, 07:38 PM
According to a GameSpot Hands-On Preview of Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2, the previewers were able to directly enter Episode 2, without clearing the Episode 1 levels. They didn't mention that their import copy was different from the others being ordered across the world, so I assume it's a standard copy of the game. Therefore, this should be possible for all owners of the import.

Just something to pass long to make the wait even more unbearable for PSO fans. Every hour seems like a day, every day seems like a month......

BaronLaw

Someone else in the forum has posted a link to the preview.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-09-14 17:39 ]</font>

RavenTW
Sep 14, 2002, 09:57 PM
Perhaps one of us should go there and quote the preview before it becomes members only.

Zio
Sep 14, 2002, 10:02 PM
you can play episode 1 or episode 2 online but to gain access to the episode 2 levels such as jungle and mountain u must first pass the 2 vr missions, in the temple and spaceship. these vr missions contain 2 areas each and have enemies from episode 1.

Ness
Sep 15, 2002, 09:52 AM
I hope normal episode 2 is harder than normal ruins.

Castoth
Sep 15, 2002, 09:56 AM
So then, are the two VR missions the first two out of four levels in Episode II or are there then four levels once you beat the VR missions?

Ness
Sep 15, 2002, 10:46 AM
No. There are only 2 more. The island and the undersea lab. I don't care though, because the game is going to be sweet anyway you put it.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Sep 15, 2002, 12:13 PM
So I'm guessing that when I gett he game on Tuesday, I'll have Forest , VR Sanctuary. and VR Spaceship available to me to play right away.

RavenTW
Sep 15, 2002, 01:22 PM
As Soliptic has said, you choose either scenario, and from Sol's experience, you can't mix and match. Meaning you can have either F1 available OR the two VR levels.

For those who don't know, the VR levels are the two Battle mode levels.

Zio
Sep 15, 2002, 01:47 PM
in order to go to the vr spaceship u have to complete the vr temple, both of these have new bosses which are hard. The bad part is these bosses are like reskinned v2 bosses again.

Takahashi
Sep 15, 2002, 04:33 PM
yeah its true it says in ah kings webite http://www.ragol.com

gunome
Sep 16, 2002, 04:52 PM
is there different difficulties of EpisodeII like normal/hard/vhard or jus like how ult is?

merlin
Sep 16, 2002, 04:55 PM
I read the same review and apparently they were able to play the "new" part offline straight away.

Sorta made me go "hmmm" too.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Sep 16, 2002, 05:41 PM
Despite this I'll most likely do Episode I first....

merlin
Sep 16, 2002, 07:39 PM
Same here, Frosty.

It shouldn't take too long to clear the normal, hard and V-hard levels. It might take a bit longer with a FOrce, though. Ulti will be interesting with normal weapons. I don't care. I just wanna get back into PSO.