PDA

View Full Version : Gameboy Micro.

Wyndham
Dec 31, 2005, 05:38 PM
I just bought one of these, and it looks great.
I got a 20th Anniversary one, and it's great.
it's so small, it's tiny compared to everything elsei have.
even my wallet is huge and thick. (it's meant to hold EVERYTHING, from the look of it)
I bought Megaman Zero for 15$ also, and emptied my wallet.
does anyone else have one?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oran1324 on 2005-12-31 14:38 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Dec 31, 2005, 10:17 PM
I have no need to purchase something of which I already have. I have an SP and a DS. No need for yet another of the same thing, only smaller.

Forte1224
Dec 31, 2005, 10:24 PM
You know what you guys need for those devices?

A NINTENDO PLAY-YAN FROM JAPAN!!

Allows you to use SD mem cards to PLAY MUSIC, MOVIES AND MORE CRAP!WHOOT!

Wyndham
Dec 31, 2005, 11:49 PM
On 2005-12-31 19:17, Norvekh wrote:
I have no need to purchase something of which I already have. I have an SP and a DS. No need for yet another of the same thing, only smaller.

well I don't have an SP, and whenever i play one i feel the need to pull out my GBC instead, because it's vertical perfection. it just needs a backlight.
I use my DS for my DS games, micro for Advance games, and my Color for classic and color games.
I love portable systems.

Link00seven
Jan 1, 2006, 01:36 AM
I only have a DS (cause my SP got stolen) but before I was to buy a Micro i'd get another SP. I want that ability to play GB/GBC games because I still have a lot of those.

Dre_o
Jan 1, 2006, 01:46 AM
I have to agree with Link,(except that my SP hasn't got stolen http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) I use my SP for things like FF Crysal Chronicals and Four Swords.

And my DS plays my DS games and my Advance games. Anyways, I fear that I would accidently break a Mini by sitting on it or what not. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PJ
Jan 1, 2006, 02:04 AM
All I need to know is

Does the Micro let you connect to the GC/Link cable to other GBAs? Cause then, my brother could get that, and we could finally do all 4 player Pokemon matches... long enough http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Skorpius
Jan 1, 2006, 02:20 AM
On 2005-12-31 23:04, PJ wrote:
All I need to know is

Does the Micro let you connect to the GC/Link cable to other GBAs? Cause then, my brother could get that, and we could finally do all 4 player Pokemon matches... long enough http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Just get a used GBA for like $10 >_>

Firocket1690
Jan 1, 2006, 03:22 AM
Hmmm.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Firocket1690/PC310014.jpg

Depending on finance, I'm thinking about getting the light blue micro in the near future. >_>;

Kent
Jan 1, 2006, 04:53 AM
Kh... So small, what a waste of good technology.

Tact
Jan 1, 2006, 08:47 AM
On 2005-12-31 19:17, Norvekh wrote:

That's my case, but with a slight addition: I hardly play my GBA games anymore. I use my SP for GCN connecting, and my DS for playing stuff.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 1, 2006, 09:07 AM
On 2006-01-01 01:53, Kent wrote:
Kh... So small, what a waste of good technology.

Kids might be getting smaller, I dunno.

Now when are those 'brain games for adults' Japanese DS games coming out over here?

I'll buy one when there are some nicer colors out for it, or actually I'll wait until ALL the possible colors are out!

Nintendo always gets me with the color hardware thing.

Amadeus
Jan 1, 2006, 09:59 AM
Well, I haven't played GBA and others for yers. Do you have a pic?

Tact
Jan 1, 2006, 10:24 AM
Firo posted a pic of the Game Boy Micro earlier in the thread...it's the rightmost one.

Saiffy
Jan 1, 2006, 01:07 PM
Money whoring.

GBA SP was already the grestest handheld of all time, they didn't need to take away functions and make it slightly smaller.

Kent
Jan 1, 2006, 01:38 PM
...The GBA SP had some nice features, but unfortunately, it caused hand cramps for people with normal- or larger-sized hands. :/ Nintendo is just making a ridiculous desperation move with the Micro.

geewj
Jan 1, 2006, 01:39 PM
On 2006-01-01 10:38, Kent wrote:
...The GBA SP had some nice features, but unfortunately, it caused hand cramps for people with normal- or larger-sized hands. :/ Nintendo is just making a ridiculous desperation move with the Micro.

They get to sell the same thing again, and people like it.

If people like it and nintendo makes some money off it, win win, right?

If it's not for you, then don't get it.

trypticon
Jan 1, 2006, 01:45 PM
You'll have to excuse Kent, his personality type is not community oriented, causing him to have a negative view in just about everything he posts. Just learn to ignore him.

PJ
Jan 1, 2006, 02:00 PM
On 2006-01-01 10:45, trypticon wrote:
You'll have to excuse Kent, his personality type is not community oriented, causing him to have a negative view in just about everything he posts. Just learn to ignore him.

Ironic

Anyways, since there are people with a Micro... >_>

On 2005-12-31 23:04, PJ wrote:
Does the Micro let you connect to the GC/Link cable to other GBAs?

Getintothegame
Jan 1, 2006, 05:43 PM
Alright, let's get back on topic. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yeah, I really don't need one.

Can you use it with the Gamecube still? How about original Gameboy games?

Wyndham
Jan 1, 2006, 06:04 PM
you can't use it withthe gamecube i THINK, but i heardit's a feature in japanwith an adapter, and you can buy a gamelink adapter toconnect with other GBAs.
my parents even like it, they think it's the coolest looking game system they've ever seen, and they don't complain when i play it.
and my mom thinks they rob you of your free will.

Ancient
Jan 1, 2006, 10:36 PM
Frankly I'm surprised Nintendo hasnt thought to contact a cell phone company to set up a cell phone type GBA. It would be perfect, they could bring out new ones every 6 months that are only slightly better or smaller, which we all know Nintendo loves to do. Cell phone makers are happy, Nintendo is happy, trendy gadget whores are happy. And as a bonus, they would totally destroy the N-gage. Win, win, win...win.

Wyndham
Jan 1, 2006, 11:36 PM
On 2006-01-01 19:36, Ancient wrote:
Frankly I'm surprised Nintendo hasnt thought to contact a cell phone company to set up a cell phone type GBA. It would be perfect, they could bring out new ones every 6 months that are only slightly better or smaller, which we all know Nintendo loves to do. Cell phone makers are happy, Nintendo is happy, trendy gadget whores are happy. And as a bonus, they would totally destroy the N-gage. Win, win, win...win.

i take it you dont like the gameboy micro.
nintendo is supposed to be a videogame company. that's more like something sony would do.
with all their portable media center stuff.
and besides, I'm giving my GBA a custom paiunt job soon.

Kent
Jan 2, 2006, 12:45 AM

Nice try at flamebaiting.

I'd rather give my honest opinion on a product, than try to appeal to just you. :/

Wyndham
Jan 2, 2006, 12:51 AM
On 2006-01-01 21:45, Kent wrote:

I'd rather give my honest opinion on a product, than try to appeal to just you. :/

trypticon dooesn't flamebait.
maybe you could try mentioning positives about it?

Link00seven
Jan 2, 2006, 01:08 AM
Lets get back on topic guys...

Dgo
Jan 2, 2006, 02:01 AM
On 2006-01-01 21:51, Oran1324 wrote:

On 2006-01-01 21:45, Kent wrote:

trypticon dooesn't flamebait.
maybe you could try mentioning positives about it?

Kent is only stating the obvious yes the Sp does cramp people with large hands.

trypticon your opinion on what Kent said was un-called for I understand that you may not like what he has to say, but note that he only says them cause they bother him personally.

Back on the topic i own a gba, gba sp, ds, mirco and the mirco stands at the top to me i love this little wonder. Its so small and it plays advance games like gunstar that game is a must have.

I had a normal mirco and they i got word from the nintendo rep. come to my store and tell me a 20th an. was on the way so i traded in my normal one for the better looking one^^.

I'm still happy about the move i feel it was a good decision.

Kent
Jan 2, 2006, 03:58 AM
Positive about the Micro? Okay, let's see here...

Probably the best handheld screen I've seen thus far, and... It plays GBA games... Oh, and it has multiplayer function over the DS, as far as said GBA games go.

And I guess people that have been hit with the Chibikko Hammer can have something their size to play now...

I seriously don't see the positives of the thing weighing out how downright uncomfortable it is to wield. Being uncomfortable to hold and use, makes playing the games less enjoyable. On the other hand, the DS plays GBA games just fine, is more comfortable and less cramping to play, and has the added function of playing DS games, and getting far more innovation in gameplay from designers, due to the touchscreen.

So far, the only reason I can see for myself to even consider getting one, is if I somehow misplace my Arctic White original GameBoy Advance, and I desperately need to play some multiplayer GBA games... And I can't find a GBA anywhere. And I have money to waste.

BWS-1
Jan 2, 2006, 04:58 PM
I got a micro, and I like it. I can do what I couldn't do on the DS: play something for more then 15 minutes without having cramps in my hands http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif. Yes, the DS was giving me cramps. And the micro? I don't even feel like I'm holding something. The only problem I have right now is finding multiplayer adaptors and micro2GBA/SP adaptor. They've been out since december 17th or something like that, but no one has them around here. And I don't feel like ordering them from the interweb http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ancient
Jan 2, 2006, 05:44 PM
I wasnt trying to be negative about Nintendo making a cell phone GBA. I actually think it would be a good thing. Anyone who has tryed playing games on a cell phone knows that Nokia and company have A LOT to learn about what makes a good platform for games. Who better to teach them than old man N?
I mean, honestly, is there a downside to having a cell phone that can play GBA games? Besides completly ignoring every thing around you while you play it all the time? I cant think of one.

All Nintendo has to do, is license the GBA technology out to say, Motorola. Along with a few design ideas. Thats money for N right there. Then Motorola would make and sell the phones for their profit. And then Nintendo could then sit back and relax as they continue to rake in the money from where it really comes from, the games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ancient on 2006-01-02 14:49 ]</font>

Wyndham
Jan 2, 2006, 06:47 PM
If they added a cellphone, they'd better have a headset port and the ability to play games at the same time, because I play games and talking to people at the same time.
So yeah.
And the size doesn'ty bother me, it just takes getting used to. It reminds me of the classic NES controller.

Kent
Jan 2, 2006, 08:19 PM
Come to think of it, Cellphone capabilities wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for a portable game system to have added to it... But not the other way around. :/

Maybe if they stuck it in something like the DS, so you could use the headset port to talk/listen (while playing games, if you so desire), and slapped on something like the Xbox Guide Button on the 360, except just for cellphone purposes...

Yay for touchscreen dialing.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 2, 2006, 11:51 PM
The old GBC had cell phone additions to play online Pokemon Crystal in Japan way back when.

Their cell phone infrastructure is much better than it is in the States, for one.

Cell phone service is widely availible, cheap as dirt, and although clunky and unwieldy to hook up a device to a GBC, I'm sure some people certainly used it.

DS online is moving in the right direction though, here's hoping they make it easier(and with more games to play online) as soon as possible.

trypticon
Jan 3, 2006, 01:14 AM
Nintendo is apparently thinking on adding an Iphone option to the DS eventually.

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it, but it is something that was rumored a while back, along with a bunch of other features.

digigram
Jan 3, 2006, 04:19 PM
Same with the PSP trypt... although while I have a DS and PSP, both have already surpised me with the additions that were never really expected.. (DS wifi - PSP voice chat in socom, other psp firmware updates).