PDA

View Full Version : Is it a legit weapon???

Bibi2k4
Jan 4, 2006, 01:31 PM
I've seen someone using a Demolition Comet last night with 3 stats at 90% and i was wondering if it was a legit weapon...I suppose he raised the % with Photon Sphere but i can't believe the guy foud THAT much Photon Drop to get all these Photon Sphere...

Delfi
Jan 4, 2006, 01:40 PM
Well he could have gotten 5 spheres from doin ma1 and ma2 quests.. so that dont seem like too many more pds to find after playing for years i have found many photon drops but really my money would be on this guy having duped the pds using a glitch? i just dont know becasue i dont know who it is.

Bibi2k4
Jan 4, 2006, 01:48 PM
So if he duped the PD and then get several Photon Spheres,he could have added the % without having his Hunter's Licence removed since it's not a "completely cheated weapon"...Am i right??

Neith
Jan 4, 2006, 03:53 PM
A weapon with Photon %'s that high is usually a clear sign of a mod/hack. Another possibility is that the player duped Photon Drops to get a Photon Sphere, then duped the Sphere.

Yes, it is possible the weapon could be legitimate, but very unlikely.

Bibi2k4
Jan 4, 2006, 04:36 PM
All right...And duping the Spheres to get % on your weapon doesn't result in banning??

Ketchup345
Jan 4, 2006, 04:49 PM
On 2006-01-04 13:36, Bibi2k4 wrote:
All right...And duping the Spheres to get % on your weapon doesn't result in banning??
ST can't detect dupes. And they can't detect which items have been hacked (assuming the items are within allowed parameters). Most(all?) duping is done offline (except BB of course). Only certain items get you banned, which are generally unreleased items.

Bibi2k4
Jan 4, 2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks!
I've also heard about data corruptions or FSOD while using hacked items or modified weapons.Is it possible to be affected by such things while using online (or offline) a weapon with added % thanks to the PD and PS duping??

VioletSkye
Jan 4, 2006, 08:15 PM
On 2006-01-04 15:15, Bibi2k4 wrote:
Thanks!
I've also heard about data corruptions or FSOD while using hacked items or modified weapons.Is it possible to be affected by such things while using online (or offline) a weapon with added % thanks to the PD and PS duping??

No. You won't FSOD or corrput by using weapons with added %'s. There are items that can be "hacked" that can cause problems, but it is not because of their %s.

Bibi2k4
Jan 5, 2006, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the answers!

By the way,i've been thinking about something...If this guy can Dupe Drops and Spheres,is it also working on stuffs like Materials or Scape Dolls??
Be cause that way he could have maxed the numbers of allowed materials pretty soon and have a pretty fast character growth in the very early stages of the game or maybe even at lvl 1 if he kept some Power or HP Materials found with another character...Won't it corrupt or mess with his character once online?? (assuming the same trick can work for the materials...)

Ketchup345
Jan 5, 2006, 09:02 AM
On 2006-01-05 05:41, Bibi2k4 wrote:
Thanks for the answers!

By the way,i've been thinking about something...If this guy can Dupe Drops and Spheres,is it also working on stuffs like Materials or Scape Dolls??
Be cause that way he could have maxed the numbers of allowed materials pretty soon and have a pretty fast character growth in the very early stages of the game or maybe even at lvl 1 if he kept some Power or HP Materials found with another character...Won't it corrupt or mess with his character once online?? (assuming the same trick can work for the materials...)
Nothing will happen if he uses duped Materials and brings his character online. The game can't detect dupes and it is possible to find 250 materials offline. Some people do use 250 materials at level 1 legitimately (rush second+ characters to Ult). No negative effects will happen from bringing that character online.

Any item can be duped assuming it appears in the inventory. Nothing bad happens when you bring a duped item online (assuming the item isn't banned for being unavailable).

Bibi2k4
Jan 5, 2006, 11:50 AM
Thanks a lot for all your answers!!

Ladriachan
Feb 12, 2006, 05:11 AM
it also depends on how long they've been playing with that character, if it was or they have a much higher level character its highly possible that they have accumulated that many drops over time (I know I've been able to for MULTIPLE weapons... three years of photon drops add up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif )

VioletSkye
Feb 12, 2006, 12:39 PM
Ladriachan, please don't bump topics that are over two weeks old http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dhylec
Feb 12, 2006, 03:11 PM
VioletSkye wrote:
Ladriachan, please don't bump topics that are over two weeks old http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Heh, seems like VS is quite sharp on the bumping. ;D
Hmm, until the forums rules are updated, I'd have to clerify the rules here for now. (VS, this is not really for you, but more for our new members.)
Any topic that is inactive, unreplied, or untouched for more than two weeks shouldn't be bumped. Do not worry about the creation date. It's the last (current) reply. If the last reply is older than 2 weeks, unless it's an update by the original poster, do not bump! I suggest making a new topic instead, linking to the older topic if desired.

There are more to this bumping rule, but I hope that clears things up a bit. ;]