PDA

View Full Version : Grinders

Notos
Jan 4, 2006, 03:43 PM
I'm in need of a lot of grinders. Does anybody know a faster way to get grinders other than playing mines or piping the shop?

Sitka
Jan 4, 2006, 04:22 PM
Buy them.

Check the BB boards; many sellers of large quantities of grinders for pds or rares.

whiteninja
Jan 4, 2006, 05:51 PM
Do the Fake in Yellow quest... There are so many Rappies and you can level them in seconds with Rafoie (hit them so they run, and hit them again). That means more green boxes drop, and a percent of them ought to be Grinders.

Monogrinder = 2%
Digrinder = 1%
Trigrinder = 0.5%

Those are the odds of green box being one in Ultimate Forest1... it doesn't seem like much, but you will get ALOT of green boxes.

Notos
Jan 5, 2006, 01:04 PM
I'm not going to spend over 100 PD's to buy over +1500 grinders. FiY does sound good, found +7 grinders (and some team points) in about 10 runs last night. Though I did get killed 3 times by rappies... Rappies hurt when you run around with 3HP while answering simple mail.

Shigecki
Jan 5, 2006, 01:21 PM
Normal Soul Blade. That quest has 3 set monogrinders in it, and at a high level could probably do about as quick as an ult FIY. Not to mention you also have a chance at the s-parts http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Assmuffin
Jan 6, 2006, 01:31 AM
On 2006-01-05 10:04, Notos wrote:
I'm not going to spend over 100 PD's to buy over +1500 grinders. FiY does sound good, found +7 grinders (and some team points) in about 10 runs last night. Though I did get killed 3 times by rappies... Rappies hurt when you run around with 3HP while answering simple mail.

What do you need +1500 in grinders for?

Randomly come across 6 S-Ranks you need to grind?

Notos
Jan 6, 2006, 10:48 AM
The first set grinder in soul blade is near the beginning of mines 2. The last 2 set grinders, you must complete one more room after you have access to boss. That's quite a long time even if I use my force. But I do think it is faster than FiY since you will always get at least 3 grinders. I'm not certain things in normal have remotely decent rate of dropping grinders. All I found were mono/di fluid/mate and trimate from garanz. I think I'll stick with FiY since I have a chance to get some guardwaves and maybe uber hit angry fist.

On 2006-01-05 22:31, Assmuffin wrote:
What do you need +1500 in grinders for?

Randomly come across 6 S-Ranks you need to grind?

I'm grinding my excalipur.

Shigecki
Jan 6, 2006, 02:20 PM
Just ran through normal LSB, and took 21 mins to complete with my ramarl (lvl 125), that included vol opt. I don't know what type of drop rate anyhting has for grinders, but in addition to the 3 set grinders, found 3 power/mats, 2 hp/mats, mind mat and 2 more monogrinders.

The thought of getting a great guard wave is kinda tempting though, just thought you might want to know.