PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Eps.4 boss

jnblz316
Jan 4, 2006, 05:17 PM
I was just fighting the Hard difficulty Eps.4 boss with my level 70 Hunewearl and I can't seem to figure out where to hit him or when is a good time to hit him. Would anyone have any suggestions as to a good strategy on beating this guy.
thanks in advance.

Hrith
Jan 4, 2006, 06:09 PM
Saint-Milion?

He's quite easy if you are not underleveled.

1st phase
See the spinning feelers? they have different colours on the top, most are white, some are yellow, orange or red.

Go for the red one, orange if you cannot seem to find the red one, but not yellow (unless there is only yellow, but that only happens in Ultimate difficulty afaik); do not attack the white ones.
Do not hesitate to use Jellen on them, though.

When you destroy a red or orange feeler, Saint-Milion will be stunned (you will hear it scream), and its tail will stand out somewhere on the battlefield, go for it and use a slicer (or mechguns, but slicers work better) to destroy the 4 "gems" it has on the tail.

If you do not have time to break all gems, you will have to resume looking for a red/orange feeler to stun it again and take care of the remaining gems until all are destroyed.

2nd phase
The boss will escape in the north-eastern grotto (use Area Map from menu if you are lost), simply take him head on. Its head is now visible, and so are the 4 gems on its neck, that is what you must destroy, preferably with a slicer -- so you can hopefully destroy several at a time, making the fight much shorter.

As soon as you kill one (or more) gem, the boss will withdraw underground, and move to another location south of the map, where you must repeat the gem-killing process.

If you have not killed all the gems by now, it will move to one of the 3 grottos north of the map, randomly, look for it and keep at it.

It should die pretty fast, as long as you aren't underleveled.

It is a bad idea to solo this boss, as a general rule.