PDA

View Full Version : XBOX:360 Final Fantasy XI Beta Begins Jan. 17,2006

eXo
Jan 6, 2006, 01:03 PM
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us

Scrub
Jan 6, 2006, 01:26 PM
Errr...a beta version of a game on a console? Is that REALLY how fucking lazy whoever is making this game IS?

ABDUR101
Jan 6, 2006, 02:07 PM
On 2006-01-06 10:26, Scrub wrote:
Errr...a beta version of a game on a console? Is that REALLY how fucking lazy whoever is making this game IS?

I imagine the beta will test game stability, lag issues and the like, nothing more.

I mean the game, in context of items, quests, etc is pretty much fine-tuned by now from the PC version.

Doesn't mean I'll be trying the beta or looking forward to the game in anyway. If I wanted to play it, I'd have actually installed it from when I bought the PC version. Bought it a long time back and then was like "Well fuck that." and never even opened the box.

Kent
Jan 7, 2006, 06:12 AM
Unfortunately, the Xbox 360 beta test of FFXI (which, yes, is mainly for testing server stability and functionality with the new platform, and to get people hooked on the new version) will be held on a secure server, and you won't be able to access already existing characters with it.

So you don't have to worry about the influx of "Xbox 360 newbs" just yet...

2D
Jan 7, 2006, 01:40 PM
FFXI
Is already over loaded with people and packed.Adding a whole another console is a stupid act i think.There gunna have so many problems with it.

Mixfortune
Jan 7, 2006, 02:56 PM
On 2006-01-07 10:40, 2D wrote:
FFXI
Is already over loaded with people and packed.Adding a whole another console is a stupid act i think.There gunna have so many problems with it.

As has been said for the moment, it'd be on its own server(s).
The influence, if any, on the servers already up would probably move some new and long-time players OFF, not add more.

eXo
Jan 7, 2006, 04:17 PM
hmmm actually i wouldnt mind more people makes it easier to find late night parties

Link00seven
Jan 7, 2006, 04:58 PM
If I had an Xbox 360, i'd go for it. It's free.

After the fact I probably wouldn't keep going with it. I wasn't a huge fan of FFXI before and definatly not for $12.99/mo.