PDA

View Full Version : ult

Phazer
Jan 6, 2006, 07:22 PM
i just have a quick question

what level would you reccomend goint to ult ruins?
-RAmar
-about level 150 mag(currently)

im only level 80 but i need to go to ruind desprately to get spread needle

Sitka
Jan 6, 2006, 07:55 PM
Go.

If you die a lot, go somewhere else.

whiteninja
Jan 6, 2006, 10:50 PM
A good mag would be 5/145/50/0; a good level would be 100 (offline), 120 (online, with team buddies); good equipment would be... well, that depends on your ID... which is?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 7, 2006, 02:29 AM
Also material usage, units, armor, and shield factor into this equation.

At level 80, stay away from the Ruins.

You're surely not going to have the HP or DEF to get very far.

You don't need the Spread Needle right now.

Work on Ultimate Forest, learn the Sil Dragon Pattern and continue leveling in there. Along the way you'll be finding and using more materials on your RAmar.

StormShadow11
Jan 7, 2006, 12:49 PM
I'm playing an offline HUcast right now, so it's not quite the same, but I hit ult at 47. Since then I've been farming Fake in Yellow for mats and doing Sil Dragon runs. I'm 64 at the moment, and my ata is a little to low to play around elsewhere. Everytime I miss an enemy, I teeter on the brink of a nervous breakdown, so I tend to stick to what I can breeze through. Your ATA is obviously alot higher than mine, so go play around until you feel comfortable and learn how to combo with your weapons in a fashion that doesn't get you killed. Basically, I feel that once you learn the combos per weapon, ult is just a matter of testing your patience.

Sock
Jan 7, 2006, 03:44 PM
On 2006-01-07 09:49, StormShadow11 wrote:
ult is just a matter of testing your patience.

Yep. I'm level 93 with a Spread Needle, and I mostly grind in Very Hard Mines. It gives me the best exp, but I'm sure as hell getting tired of finding Brionacs. I've gone through Ult forest, and caves, but damn, it's time consuming. It's not too difficult, just a matter shoot, shoot, shoot, run, turn around, shoot, shoot, shoot, repeat. It defintely tests your patience.

Anyway, if you just want to grind, play around in all the levels you have unlocked, and find out what gives you the best exp. If you want to item hunt, look where to find the item, and do the shoot/run/repeat gig in that zone.

Charmander02
Jan 7, 2006, 05:35 PM
First you need to max out your mag, lots of materials help too, everthing else depends on you. If you want to keep doing the hack and heal technique then go in as soon as you can. As for me im a force so i tend to go into harder levels when i know i can really handle them. I would suggest doing all of the hunters guild missions at least once (in ULT mode) before going into the ruins. It gives you lots of EXP and time to raise your mag and find materials too.

zwandude15
Jan 8, 2006, 05:53 AM
I've managed to get my RAcaseal into ult Ruins at 94 (a personal best). But they aren't easy...and I would imagine its harder with a human, less DEF, and no traps =/ Stay away from them for at least another 20-30 levels, get your MAG to 200, have some God units equipped, and most importantly, dont run in there with bad weapons...I cant stress that enough. I'm currently using a Frozen Shooter, Meteor Smash, and an L&K14 Combat as my main line. I manage nicely...hopefully you will as well.

matizzle87
Jan 8, 2006, 12:38 PM
When I first got to ultimate with my very first charr, a HUmar(I always had played offline).. I was level 83 or something and then it was difficult enough in the forest on ult..

Seriously, a level 80 RAmar won't be able to handle himself in ult alone. Ruins.. Think of it again about 25 levels (or more)later and a nice equipment.