PDA

View Full Version : Ugh!!

Tomonari
Jan 6, 2006, 08:31 PM
Is it just me, or are FOnewms the ugliest chars I have ever seen in PSO?! I'm trying to make one but I can't stand looking at a FOnewm. They have the worst hairstyles and outfits I've ever seen. Since I want a male FO, the FOnewm is the only choice I have since fomars don't have a tp regeneration and the best attack techs. What exactly was ST thinking when they designed the FOnewm? ;__;

Saiffy
Jan 6, 2006, 08:48 PM
On 2006-01-06 17:31, Tomonari wrote:
What exactly was ST thinking when they designed the FOnewm? ;__;

That people have different tastes?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 7, 2006, 02:32 AM
There are some okay looking FOnewms out there.

Who else gets "The Shoes"?

Who else gets an afro, a moustache, AND an earring?

If you want the statistics of the character that badly, the looks shouldn't matter as much.

StormShadow11
Jan 8, 2006, 01:54 AM
Not true! Nobody enjoys playing an ugly character.

PhotonDrop
Jan 8, 2006, 02:02 AM
You have no idea how fun Newmies are, make them look extremely funky with the bright green and white outfit and a 'fro, or make them look stylin with a darker outfit and slicked back hair.

So what if their rear is huge? Adjust proportions so the shirt's tail doesn't bulge so much, problem solved.

StormShadow11
Jan 8, 2006, 02:06 AM
They play the same as other forces, except they're ugly. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 8, 2006, 02:10 AM
On 2006-01-07 23:06, StormShadow11 wrote:
They play the same as other forces, except they're ugly. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RAmar's are "the worst class" in the game and people still use them.

It isn't about what you think is best.

Its a game. Its supposed to be fun, not a popularity contest.

zwandude15
Jan 8, 2006, 06:01 AM
If all else fails, just use the pre-set FOnewm. It doesn't look all that bad, and truth is...you'll prolly kill yourself trying to make one look good. Luckily, I managed to get a nice outfit...basically, the same as it starts, but dark blue outfit, slimmed waist, and short...looks fine...

matizzle87
Jan 8, 2006, 12:49 PM
I think both FOnewearl and FOnewm ARE REALLY UGLY!! They are the two ugliest charrs in the game.. The FOmar and the FOmarl though look pretty nice.. It's up to you which you prefer, havings nice potential and all statt-wise or looking good..

StormShadow11
Jan 8, 2006, 03:12 PM
On 2006-01-07 23:10, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

RAmar's are "the worst class" in the game and people still use them.

People play them because you can make them look sick. In PSO, I'd take aesthetics over functionallity any day. The game can be played well with any class as long as your skilled; however, if you're playing a more in-depth MMO, you have to throw aesthetics to the wind for things like racial abilities. PSO lacks this, so you can just shoot for pretty, and shooting for pretty is fine with me.

Forte1224
Jan 8, 2006, 03:33 PM
Ok, ALL classes can be ugly AND be cool looking. It's because people who think FOnewms look ugly is cause they can't create a decent looking one. In other words, they suck at making characters.

fronebullare
Jan 8, 2006, 03:44 PM
I had a FOmewn that looked pretty good.like forte just said, you don't know how to make a char thats all.

PJ
Jan 8, 2006, 03:51 PM
FOmars aren't an option? They've got Gi-tech boosts. And TP generation is only helpful if you're going to the bathroom.

If you can't find a FOnewm look you like, and you don't want to play a character that doesn't look good to you, don't make a FOnewm. I mean, my FOnewm rocks, but not everyone can make a FOnewm that's half as cool as Budokai http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

xxTrystanxx
Jan 9, 2006, 12:27 PM
TP generation is only helpful if you're going to the bathroom.

ROFL.

StormShadow11
Jan 10, 2006, 03:29 AM
If PSO included an MS Paint tool that required you to manually color your character's outfits, then it might be difficult to make a nice looking character. However, because it doesn't, making a character takes no skill. It's simply cycling through a set color palette and fiddling with proportion. You can only get the crotch-bulge to slim down to a certain width via proportion editing, so, in some people's opinions, it's impossible to make a decent looking FOnewm.