PDA

View Full Version : GC: Noticed something about nintendo's official memory card

metatime
Jan 9, 2006, 12:52 AM
I noticed that the white 1019 memory card saves twice as faster then the 512 black card. I'm just wondering if it is just my card or if everyone's card does that.

Also after my corruption from Zenneth, I noticed that all your guild cards are also saved on EP3 data files too. Since I was concentrating on getting Zenneth back to level 120, I havent touched EP3 till now.

If only I knew that, otherwise I wouldn't have wasted all that time finding people's GC again...

RadiantLegend
Jan 9, 2006, 10:33 AM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif so you wasted my time?

metatime
Jan 10, 2006, 03:14 AM
lol if you considered sending your GC, which takes like 3 seconds, is a waste of time then yes.

Blitzkommando
Jan 10, 2006, 09:17 PM
This could probably be better served in Tech Support, however, I believe the answer is in compression. I know that the memory card 251 was notorious for very slow compression of the files. Think of it as if it were zipping the files so that what is really a memory card 51 could hold 259 blocks instead. I assume that the new cards, 1019 would have had a chance to get better optomized over the 251, hence faster save times. That's my best guess over this.

That or age, as age could account for slower saving times as well.