PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: From Security to Hunter to Hunted

Samuraih
Jan 10, 2006, 09:18 PM
Hello, my serial number is 4672H591ZOR. I was created by scientists aboard Pioneer 2 as a defensive droid. I am one of six hundred and fourty one. There is nothing special about me. When Pioneer 2 set out on its voyage for Ragol they developed new droids to protect necessities, keep order and provide protection once on Ragol. A previous ship had been sent 7 years earliers, called Pioneer 1.
We were to contact them and settle the planet. But as we communicated with the people of Pioneer 1, a large explosion occured and destroyed our what we could see of Pioneer 1.
I was developed to protect the water supply aboard Pioneer 2, but when a shortage of "Hunters" came about, I thought it was logical to transfer my services to that of the militar. But since the military doesn't use androids, I decided to become a hunter and recieve pay for what I did. A hunter is a person, android, or newman sent to Ragol to hunt hostile wild life, and are used by the military as mercanaries.
When I was accepted and moved into hunter level, my programs were changed. They gave me armor, a photon saber, and a companion. This small mechanism, they called a mag, helped me to fight.
They moved me from my compartment in the storage block to the housing block on the fifth level. They implanted human emotions so i grew tired, felt pain and felt the need for material possessions. I guess this is to keep a defective android from becoming too powerfull. To give androids a weakness.
On my first day I was asked to accept a simple training mission. I was to find a young hunter named Ash who had been lost. I was to be given 5000 masseta upon his safe return.
I talked to the uncle of Ash and found out that he had also hired a more experienced android named Kireek. Kireek was nice to me, and when he aked for my name, I paused. Nobody had ever given me a name.
He looked at my helmet and at my black/red armor and called me Samuraih. I commented that he had misspelled it, and he shook his head, replying that I was different, and that a change in the name suited it. I liked it and thanked him, storing it in my memory bank as we ran to the teleporter.
The teleporter is the wierdest thing I have ever experienced, and I really don't like it. It feels like I don't know where my body is. When we landed on the ground with two metalic thuds, I lost my ballance and fell forwards onto the ground. It was soft, unlike the metal floor of Pioneer 2. Kireek helped me up, and welcomed me to Ragol. He said that this is gonna be quite an eye opener for me, so he'd look after me. I saw Kireeks masive sythe. I looked at it in awe, and he chuckled as I gave a sigh as I looked down at my pathetic excuse for a saber.
He said that if i got good enough, I would get good weapons like his. I thought for a second, and for the first time, I felt a wierd feeling. I wanted them. I was at a loss for words, basically, I wanted to kill Kireek for his sythe. I pushed the thought prossess out of my head and started running forward towards a large metal door. I didn't want to kill Kireek.
He chased after me and we emerged into a room, brightly lit. I looked around, expecting to find Boomas, but there were none. Kireek gave another chuckle as he looked at me slump. I felt disapointed, I wanted to fight. Suddenly Kireek elbowed me and ran forward, yelling at the top of his voice projector. I looked around astonished, there were animals burrowing up from under the ground. I watched amazed as Kireek lunged forward, swinging his large sythe in a wide arc, slicing through a Booma and watching its corpse fall to the ground.
I was so fasinated because I had never seen anything like it. I heard a screech behind me, which woke me from my daze and I turned around to find a Booma lumbering towards me.
I swung out at it with my saber, and was ammazed as it easily sidestepped my blow, swung it's clawed paw at me and nailed me right on the shoulder. I fell to the floor and I heard Kireek's battle cry as he leaped over me, swung the sythe upwards to cut open the Boomas chest, then turned and helped me up.
8 Booma bodies lay around in pieces, saturating the soil with fresh blood and giving off a horid stench. KIreek told me some advice and told me to be careful. As I ran past a Booma I saw a metalic object. I picked it up and looked at it curiously. Kireek fell to the floor laughing as I held it in my hand. I looked at him confuzed as he got up and walked over to me, taking it and describing that it was a barier. I nodded slowly and watched as he clasped it onto my arm. I watched it as a photon barier sprang to life and hummed.
Kireek and I ran past another door and were greeted by more Boomas. I remember how I swung in a wide arc with my saber and felt the ease of the blade pass through the Boomas arm, then half way through the torso.
The Booma gave a cry of pain as I yanked the blade free from the animal and watched it fall to the floor. I had killed for the first time. The rest of the day was a large blur of flying Booma claws, flashing sabers and spurts of blood. When we got to Ash, he was laying on the floor. We needed healing liquids to soothe his wounds and KIreek used a telepipe. He said he would take Ash, and I could take a disk that Ach had been sent to get. He left me saying to train hard, and grow strong. I didn't think anything of it, but all the training I had recieved couldn't have prepared me better.
That would not be the last time i would see the mysterious android called Kireek.

Samuraih
Jan 10, 2006, 09:41 PM
The next day, I woke up in my room. Artificial sun was seeping through my windows. I needed to get some curtain for that, my room was bare and I felt a little depressed as I looked at the bare walls. Later, when I have the money to buy stuff, I said to myself. I jumpstarted my battery to bring my systems online. Yesterday had been so hectic. Today I was excited to get back onto the field. This time, I wouldn't have Kireek on my side.
As I pulled my armor off the table next to my bed I remembered my mag. I walked over to my closet and slid the door open. There was the little robotoic mechanism. It glared at me and didn't move.
There was a manual sitting next to it, so I grabbed it and scanned through. Maintenance, care, feeding...FEEDING!? It's a machine, it doesn't need food. As i thought that, I heard a low growl. I reached for my saber but it wasn't at my side. I looked around, but there was nothing. I heard it again...It was coming from...my stomach!? WHAT!? I felt my body weaken gradually. I stumbled to stay standing. Is this what hunger feels like? Ugh, I hate hunger. Hate, hunger? Androids don't shouldn't feel this way. I shrugged it off as I pulled out some extra masseta from a drawer and went to the kitchen. I put 45 masseta into a deposit drawer and called for a recharge pack, 50%. I grabbed my saber after the recharge pack had finished filling me up. I needed to talk to the lab. As i ran to the lab, a man pushed past me. I appologized for hitting him, and he looked at me. He stared coldly into my sight receptors and pushed me back, calling me a bounty hunter and a thief. What's going on? I thought people would thank me for making Ragol safe.
As I tried to make my way to the lab, I noteced that many people had the same look as the man before. Cold and angry. As the door slid closed behind me, a hunter came up to me. He greeted me warmly and welcomed me in. What's wrong with civilians I asked. The hunter looked at me. He was human, so I didn't understand why the other human was so mean. He replied that the civilians don't know what it's like down there. They think we're taking our time, sapping the government of it's money and making up ghost stories. I started to complain, but he cut me off politely, saying that he wasn't the help desk, and that we just had to deal with it. I nodded and thanked him, as I made my way to the android wing. It was quite familiar, I had been here many times. I met a doctor and had him explain all of the new "features" of the human programing.
I moaned as I heard of fatigue, hunger, and soreness. I thanked him and walked out of the lab, heading for my appartment again. I need to get some things organized before I went out again. When I opened the door to my appartment, a black blur flew out and nailed me in the face, making me fall back against the wall. My mag had tackled me. I picked it up and walked into my room holding it tight. OK, it said I needed to feed it, so I went back to the kitchen and ordered a monomate. 50 masseta... wow, this is going to get expensive I said to myself. The mag looked at it hungrily as I undid the synthetic topper and held it out for the mag. I zoomed forward and...well, it sorta "absorbed" the monomate. It rubbed against me as if to say thank you. I laughed and set it down, organizing my equipment for tomorrow. I desparately need the money. Also, I'd like to find some new equipment. I thought it over as I ordered another recharge pack 50% and sat at my table, recharging. Tomorrow, everything will be better I thought. As I lay down on my bed, I thought of the carnage I had experienced yesterday. Systems Offline...Sleep mode initiated...Tomorrow I'll be killing again

Samuraih
Jan 10, 2006, 11:12 PM
I woke up the next day to find that artificial sun was still dark. It was early in the morning. Why had I woken up? I felt...excited. I shrugged. Gives me more time to hunt and get awesome weapons. I lifted my armor up over my head, and fixed it in place. Next my saber was fitted around my waist. I laughed as the barier sprang to life on my arm again. I loved seeing that thing start up. Then my mag came flying from the closet and hovered above my shoulder. I looked at it and went to the kitchen to get a monomate. It followed me the entire time.
Heh, it's really hungry. I got a monomate and fet it to my mag, it bounced up and down happily and returned to above my shoulder. I pulled up some contents from the manual on the mad and reread that the mag was to accompany you in combat. Cool, maybe this is what it's supposed to do. I walked out my door and swiped the lock card to lock down the appartment. I was walking down the hallway when a large android turned the corner. One look at him and I stepped aside. He was huge and in his hand was an enormous metal object. It had the shape of a sword, but it was purely metal. Was it a sword? I tried not to stare as he walked past, but I saw him gaze back and felt like he wanted to smirk at me. Oh well, I need to go.
I ran to the teleporter full with energy, it's my time to kill. The security guard checked my ID badge and let me through, telling me only the forests were open for me to hunt today. I shrugged because that's where I was going to go anyways. I was teleported down and landed on my back this time. Gah, I hate the teleporter. I stood up and brushed myself off as I ran through a door. I pulled my saber out of it's pouch on my side and flipped a switch to bring it to life. I saw a familiar claw stick out of the ground as Boomas began to smell my presence. I saw one poke it's head out of the soil, and I dashed forward, screaming as I did and swung downwards to sever the head. My blade swished through air as the Booma ducked under the ground. I scratched my head confuzed. Suddenly a claw sprang out of the ground and grabbed my leg. I screamed out terrified and looked around. How could I get out of this.
I kicked out as another Booma began to jog towards me, confident I was easy prey. I saw it come and felt a smile come on as I reversed my grip on the saber and drove it back into the stomach of the Booma. It cried out in pain and fell forward, pushing me to the ground. The Booma holding me let go and came up out of the ground to see what my dead body had. I pushed the dead Booma aside and swung my saber up into the chin of the Booma that was looking down at me ammazed. It fell back without the usual cry of pain. I jumped up and looked around. Two Boomas looked at me and suddenly scrambled to the floor, digging madly to conseal themselves. They must have been watching. Heh, and that was such a lucky run too. I chuckled and ran into the next room. Three Boomas. Only one of them was carying anything, and it was masseta. Only 5. Psh, this will take forever. I was going through room after room of Boomas. They dropped nothing but masseta. I was getting aggitated when I came to a room that was long and had a red teleporter in the corner. What's this? I don't remember this. I walked into it and activated it. Ugh, more of that feeling. I want to know where my body is at all times.
This area was darker. There was more folliage. Hm, deeper into the forests. I laughed as I ran out of a room and into another. Suddenly creatures sprang out of the ground, all to similar, but these where bigger, and were yellow! WHAT? I sprang forward, bent on taking down this bigger Booma, but it ducked and thrust it's claws upward into my stomach. I fell to the floor, and patted my armor which had kept the claws from penetrating. I turned over and jumped forward, sliding my blade into the stomach of the Gobooma. It gave off a lower screech as it fell back in surprise. I saw some metal handles fall to the floor.
I looked behind me to see two Goboomas running towards me. I scrambled to pick up the wierd looking items and sprinted through the door, sighing as it closed behind me. I wanted to grin as I stuffed my saber away and held the handles. I looked at them confuzed. What were they? Ah, a button. I pressed it and blades sprang out of the handles, curving downward and ending in points. WOW, THEY WERE KNIVES. I played around with them, just having fun and then I accidentally stabbed myself in the leg. I fell to the floor and decided it was time to go home.
TELEPIPE. A telepipe appeared around me and I activated it to go to the hospital. I decided to say a Gobooma had got me. It would be too emberrassing to say I stabbed myself. When I appeared, a nurse jumped forward and helped me to the back, comenting it was a photon wound. I shook my head and said a Gobooma had got me. She just looked at me and shook her head, and applied healing potions. She recomended that I go home and rest. I replied that I was. As I entered my appartment, I set my equipment on a table. Now I can sell that saber for some money. I desparately need it. These recharge packs 50% are expensive.
I was in the kitchen ordering another recharge pack when my mag flew in and started bobbing up and down. I ordered a monomate for it and we gathered around the table as we feasted. YUM. Time for bed. I set the mag on my table. It looked at me sadly. I needed to get it a proper bed. I shrugged, power off. Systems offline...Sleep mode initated...More blood tomorrow

Samuraih
Jan 12, 2006, 12:44 AM
Gah, it's cold I said to myself as I shivered. I groped for something to cover my cold metal frame, but I found nothing. I sat up in my bed annoyed and looked around. My window was open. I don't remember leaving it open. HM? MY MASSETA WAS GONE!? I looked around panicked and saw that there was nothing in my room. Bare tables. My armor was gone. My saber.....MY KNIVES!! THEY WERE GONE!! I jumped up and ran to the kitchen. Nothing missing there. The door was still locked, so the person came in and out the same way.
I opened the closet and fell back as my mag flew out, beaming me in the face, then flew back into the closet, using it's body to close the door. I sat up rubbing my face as my mag came out slowly, nuzzling me. It knew me at least. I got up and went to the open window. Nothing. The person was already gone. DAMMIT. I had at least 300 masseta left. Now I had none.
Dammit, and I didn't have a weapon either. The security guards at the teleporter would never let me pass without my weapon. At least I had my key card. Safe in my deposit slip on my side. Hmmm, maybe if I showed that I could kill without a weapon, they would let me through. I needed money, and new armor. Desperately.
I ran out the door, almost forgetting to lock down my appartment. Then flew to the teleporter, determined to make money and find new equipment. I was still heated from finding I had been robbed that when I got to the security guard, I was shaking all over and he had to help me get my I.D. card out, but when I did, he looked at me and shrugged, saying something about being stupid and dare devil. I shrugged it off and ran into the circular device, only then realizing what I had done just as the teleporter beamed me down.
My feet hit the floor, but this time I wasn't burdened with my equipment, so I was able to stand. I ran through the first door, all to similar now. Waiting for the Boomas to pick up my scent seemed to take forever, but when they finally came, I was overjoyed. Without my saber, I charged forward, aiming at the closest Booma. Screaming at the top of my voice box. The Booma seemed to laugh at me as it saw my fists. This made me only madder and I punched out with my right hand. I felt my fist contact with the Boomas jaw and it kept going. The Booma slipped to the side and fell to the floor. I kicked the body, expecting it to take more than one punch. But as I quickly examined the body, I realized that the head had been twisted in a 180 degree angle. Blood was seeping out of it's nose and eyes, and staning the soil under the head.
I grined and jumped over the body, kicking another Booma square in the chin, and I gave a chuckle as I heard a crack and saw the head fly back as the body fell backwards. A metal handle flew out of the paw of the Booma. FINALLY, a saber. I jumped again, clitching it midair and turning it on as I brought it down through the skull of another Booma. I screamed out in pleasure as I saw blood squirting out, covering my sight receptors, changing my few to red.
I threw my head back and stretched my arms out to my sides, giving out a deafening cry. I felt soo happy. I looked around, and saw that two Boomas had just started digging to retreat. NO YOU DON'T I yelled as I sprang forward, swinging my saber above my head and slashing out at a Booma that was standing still. It cried out in surprise and fell to the floor. The Booma's heard my footsteps and started to dig faster. I tried to quicken my pace and jumped into the air, landing my knee into the side of one Booma's head, looking to the side and saw fear in the eyes of the other as time seemed to slow to a standstill as I turned midair, bringing the saber in a wide arc, smashing the pomel of the saber into the temple of the Booma. It cried out as blood flew from the mouth. I landed on my feet with the two Boomas sprawled out on the floor. My scanners shifted from side to side, checking the red surroudnings to see if there was any more danger. I started to laugh as I saw the last paw toss dirt out of a hole and dissapear.
I walked around the cluttered bodies, picking up some masseta. Oh yeah, an armor. It had a broken slot and another one that was still functionable. Nice, this one was better than my last. Hm, no knives or bariers. I looked around some more, making sure I wasn't missing anything when the door accrost the room slid open.
I flipped the saber on and crouched down ready to charge, but relaxed as I saw a pink android ranger come running down. It squealed as it saw the bloody corpses. It looked at me and ran accrost the room, passing through another door. What's her problem? I shrugged it off. I had enough masseta to get some food and general suplies. I was feeling tired. And with good reason, I had gone berserk. I fought like a pro. Woah, I'm good I thought to myself as I ran back towards the teleporter.
I'm starting to get used to the bodyless feeling, I commented to myself as I walked out of the teleporter. Nice face paint a guard said as I passed. What I asked. He held up a reflector screen and I almost jumped back to see that my entire head and my right shoulder was coated with dry blood. I grimaced and ran to the appartments, trying to get to mine. Got the key card into the slot and slammed the door behind me.
Whew. I placed my equipment onto the table beside me and sprang to the bathroom, turing the shower on. Wow, I like water. The cooling properties and the way it just flows over your receptors. I need to take showers more often I said as I stepped out into the drying dock. Heh, this will be a good nights sleep. I went around my appartment checking the doors and windows. I don't wanna be robbed twice. Once everything was secure, I looked around and found a sweater and pants hanging on hangers in my closet. Last night was cold, I wouldn't mind a warm night. Laying down on the bed with those clothes on felt wierd. But somehow reassuring. Systems offline...Sleep mode initiated...Wow, that was some blood today, I liked it

Samuraih
Jan 27, 2006, 03:07 AM
My systems came online as sun shifted through the window into my eyes. I didn't want to wake up, but today was another day of hard work. I stood up and stretched to get the feeling of sleep out of my metal body. I still felt wierd when human feelings were sent into my processors.
I grabbed my equipment and placed them on my table. Needed to take a shower. I did get into the shower but as i turned it on, my phone system rang. I felt annoyed and grabbed a towl. Drying myself as I sat own and answered the transmition. Who is it I asked. A robotic form appeard and started the mindless ramblings of a mission that I was to accept. At the end it asked me if I would. Of course I had to. The military would kick me out of these nice appartments if I didn't.
I was to report to the teleporter in two hours. It gave me enough time to take a shower and get to the stores to buy some supplies.
I wen't back to my shower and turned on the water and enjoyed the rush of hot water over my metal receptors. After the shower I dressed in my armor and tapped my mag awake. It's time to go hunt I whispered to it. It floated up happily and settled near my shoulder. Time to go I thought to myself.
Out my door and down the hall. It was quiet. I shrugged it off and headed for the shops. I needed to hurry so I payed for a floataxi. I got to the shops and brought out my masseta to pay for some monomates. I was putting my monomates into my pack when a kid slammed into me and fell back. He looked at me surprised and I grabbed his hand. My masseta was not in my hand.
He struggled to get away but my metal limb kept him from escaping. It was then that a man came up behind me and slammed a rifle butt into the back of my neck causing me to stumble forward and loose my grip.
He screamed at me telling me never to touch a human. I looked up at him and stood up pointing at the kid on the floor. He stole my masseta I replied. The man spat at me and said that property doesn't need money. That comment made me mad. I didn't know why, but I felt my oil boiling as humans would say. I brought the back of my hand up and connected it with the chin of the man.
He flew back and hit the floor. He was unconsious. Not dead. Civilians began to look at me and head towards the weaponry. Hunters gathered around me, showing there advanced weaponry. What was going on? One hunter wrapped a free arm around me and whispered to me, hunters need to stay together and that man is wrong. we know what's going on, they don't. At the sight of gathering hunters the civilians began to disperse. I sighed and went to the side of the man. He need to get to the hospital I said. The same hunter nodded and moved next to him, telling me to pick him up. We carried him to the hospital and we split the cost to heal him. We left and I looked at the new hunter.
Who are you I asked. He replied quickly. I wasn't able to get his name and he suddenly ran off. I shrugged. That was one wierd newman. He had strange glasses and a hat.
I shrugged again, need to get to the teleporter. I ran the remaining distance to the center of hunter activity and found a person standing looking around. When they looked in my direction they ran towards me.
He grabbed my arm and shoved me into the teleporter then ran out. GET ME SOME INFORMATION ON RAGOL he yelled to me. I was beamed down to Ragol and landed on my feet. Oh wow. it's just a hunting mission. Sounded harder than that.
I ran through the door. I knew about everything about the Boomas and Goboomas. I was waiting then suddenly an enormous creature fell from the trees above. I almost fell down as it thudded onto the forest floor. This was something different.
I drew my saber and ran forward and stopped as it flew into the sky and seemed to home in on my position, falling fast. I dove to my right just as the enormous creature slammed onto the ground once again. I jumped up and charged forward looking at the leg of the creature as my photon blade dug deep into the flesh. It cried out and I cursed under my breath as I saw the fist of the creature fly towards me and hit me right in the stomach. I flew backwards and hit the trunk of a tree. I jumped up again and charged again, I felt it was useless but I swung out with my blade at the large arm. The creature stepped back and the blade swung through the air harmelssly. The creature ducked down and rammed it's hard skull into my head. I fell back and I felt everything go dark. Systems Offline...Emergency Call...No Response...is this the end?

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 29, 2006, 09:00 PM
All right, this fic needs some attention. Stickied.