PDA

View Full Version : New to game, Rare Hunting

bullet_trip
Jan 12, 2006, 07:51 PM
I've been looking into rare hunting and the Telepipe trick, and it looks pretty cool. BUT... How realistic is this. What are the chances I really find a rare im looking for? How long does it really take to find a rare? In other words, this isn't gonna take hours just to find one, is it?

Tact
Jan 12, 2006, 07:54 PM
It really depends on what you're looking for. It could take two days, it would take a week. It also depends on how much you play.

So what are you looking for?

Charmander02
Jan 13, 2006, 05:40 PM
the drop rate for a rare enemy is 1/512 or somthing like that, but you could get it before or after, then you have to factor in the actual D.Rate for the item off the rare enemy, so it could take you hours or even days so it just depends on how much you play and how persistant you are.

Getintothegame
Jan 13, 2006, 06:50 PM
On 2006-01-13 14:40, Charmander02 wrote:
the drop rate for a rare enemy is 1/512 or somthing like that...

Actually, it varies by enemy. Our Item Database (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php) should have the actual drop rate.

Ketchup345
Jan 13, 2006, 06:50 PM
On 2006-01-13 14:40, Charmander02 wrote:
the drop rate for a rare enemy is 1/512 or somthing like that, but you could get it before or after, then you have to factor in the actual D.Rate for the item off the rare enemy, so it could take you hours or even days so it just depends on how much you play and how persistant you are.
Rare enemies are 1/512. The drop rates are generally 7/8 (mostly Normal-VH), 1/2, 1/22, or 1/205. There is a big difference between drop rate and appearance rate.

Sitka
Jan 13, 2006, 06:52 PM
And Kudos to all the mods and site administrators for doing such a great job on updating everything from the searchable guides/drop rate charts and the entire site.

You guys are awesome.

zwandude15
Jan 14, 2006, 03:24 PM
Not to be a bummer, but i think the info being given off here is a bit...discouraging. It doesnt take days or hours to pipe an enemy. I'm just gonna state some plain facts here i think we can all abide by...

1) Piping usually takes from 1-30 minutes. Assuming you're using the right quests, the enemy is likely to show up in this amount of time.
2) If you're piping a Love Rappy or Hildetorr, it usually takes from 1 min.-1hour. Maybe a little more than an hour, but they are likely to show up.
3) Finding one usually means you're likely to find a rare. Unless of course, you're looking for like, Psycho Wand or Heavens Punisher from a Lily or a Torr. Even then, people have accidentally found these on their first tries =/ (lucky @#$%&)
4) Piping takes patience. If you're not willing to sit down for at least these amounts of time for the rare you're looking for, find an alternative. Not all alternatives are that hard of drops =/
5) Piping doesnt work online

Hopefully I didnt miss anything. Just keep No.4 in mind. You'll need lots of it if you plan on making piping a major source of rare finding.

Xeolim
Jan 15, 2006, 02:34 AM
Another thing is to hit rooms with high enemy concentration, wherther or not they are of the type you are looking for... I've always had better luck like this. May just be me... (But I doubt it)