PDA

View Full Version : So many colours

IDI_Foxhound
Jan 15, 2006, 05:20 AM
When creating my character i notice that i have the option to chose loads of colours, does this effect the game in anyway (i'm sure i read something about mags) or is it just so people look different for online mode?

SabZero
Jan 15, 2006, 05:25 AM
Costume colour has no influence on gameplay. I heard that the size of your character might influence the chance of getting hit alot (especially small ones) - no idea if that is true at all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Costume colour does determine the colour of your mag (and all mags you find in boxes)... The "special" costume colours get assigned a mag colour at random.

Skorpius
Jan 15, 2006, 05:27 AM
On 2006-01-15 02:25, SabZero wrote:
I heard that the size of your character might influence the chance of getting hit alot (especially small ones) - no idea if that is true at all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

This is untrue.

IDI_Foxhound
Jan 15, 2006, 05:44 AM
Ah right so if I want my mag to be a specific colour then I can just make it on one character and transfer it over to the one I will be using?

KodiaX987
Jan 15, 2006, 09:09 AM
You could, depending on the version you're playing. If you're on GC, a quick split-screen game to transfer and away you go. When it comes to PC version, you can either re-create your character if he has a special color until you get the one you want, or have a friend create a character for the occasion, give you the colored mag and then delete said character afterwards.

zwandude15
Jan 15, 2006, 12:45 PM
I've noticed more than not that character height influences the number of times you hit your face. With smaller characters, I noticed I got smacked down a lot more than a HUcast at maximum height. =/
Of course, this could be the DEF difference, but its just an observation...

Ketchup345
Jan 15, 2006, 01:02 PM
On 2006-01-15 09:45, zwandude15 wrote:
I've noticed more than not that character height influences the number of times you hit your face. With smaller characters, I noticed I got smacked down a lot more than a HUcast at maximum height. =/
HP or DFP. Getting knocked down is determined by % of HP drained in an attack.

zwandude15
Jan 15, 2006, 01:18 PM
On 2006-01-15 10:02, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2006-01-15 09:45, zwandude15 wrote:
HP or DFP. Getting knocked down is determined by % of HP drained in an attack.

So technically, if I took less than damage than the % needed to be knocked down, its possible that I could never fall?

F-o-x
Jan 15, 2006, 02:07 PM
Yeah. In fact once your DFP and HP get high you'll run into a new problem. The risk of being killed by an onslaught of weak attacks that don't knock you down.

_Tek_
Jan 16, 2006, 02:44 AM
like ult garanz, all the missiles will hit you.

but constant rests spam will fix that.

also ive had that happen with ult falz #1 fire attack, it killed me, but his ice wouldn't. And usually the ice is what people fear the most.

Zos
Jan 21, 2006, 12:26 PM
its not specifically the ice attack to fear, its the attack of the little spikey things when frozen that gets me every time.