PDA

View Full Version : Reboot

goku4ever
Jan 15, 2006, 06:04 AM
who here used to watch reboot? I love it when it was on, but I never found out if that guy ever found Bob in cyber space. Did he?

Cross
Jan 15, 2006, 06:40 AM
Yeah, they found Bob with the Web Riders. He was all warped and crazy looking thanks to whatever the Web does to sprites, but otherwise he was the same. They ended up going back to Mainframe and he merged with Glitch so that the Saucy Mare could penetrate the firewall and get back into the system.

The last part of the season was basically everybody back in a ruined Mainframe trying to take it back from Megabyte (who got control of the place in the absence of Enzo and Bob). At the end Matrix managed to take out Megabyte, but as he died he started crashing the system. The last system was a little apocalypse scene, and then the User rebooted Mainframe and everything was back to normal.

The whole last half or so of the first three seasons was summed up at the end in a nice little Opera (http://burningjustice.net/sa/ReBoot%20-%20Opera%20Finale.mp3) scene.
At the end, basically everything was the same except that (since Matrix's icon was altered when he left Mainframe) there was a young Enzo and then the grown-up Matrix, Bob was still merged with Glitch, and Hexadecimal was reformed into a harmless good character.

Some time after the end of the third season there was more produced that was either a short fourth season or a series of OVAs, depending on how you look at it. The first of those was a storyline that brings closure to the story with Daemon (a supervirus that was infecting the Guardians along with the whole Net). It was actually pretty entertaining, and has some cool stuff in it (Mike the TV getting infected and turning into a televangelist, and Hexadecimal absorbing Mainframe's Core and then beating Daemon down hard, reverting back into a virus form). The second one was a more lighthearted story, about a second Bob showing up out of a portal. He looked like Bob did pre-Web Riders, and it was about Dot having to decide between the two of them, and also a lot of backstory like the accident that produced Lost Angles and the Origin of Bob/MegaByte/Hexadecimal and how Bob came to Mainframe.
It had a twist ending that basically allowed the entire show to return to the way it was at the beginning, with just a few changes.

Nothing else has been made since then, and the chances of getting anymore ReBoot is probably pretty low.

goku4ever
Jan 15, 2006, 10:14 AM
wow sounds like a good ending. The one Ill always remember before Bob was blasted off was when he and the chick failed in that Circus game, and then the kid went in (with that girl?) but then the computer thing jacked them out and they ended in a wrecked future. But then he goes back in and beats the game and everything goes back to normal.

Rainbowlemon
Jan 15, 2006, 12:46 PM
On 2006-01-15 03:40, Cross wrote:
Yeah, they found Bob with the Web Riders. He was all warped and crazy looking thanks to whatever the Web does to sprites, but otherwise he was the same. They ended up going back to Mainframe and he merged with Glitch so that the Saucy Mare could penetrate the firewall and get back into the system.

That sounds like something someone that has been smoking weed all day would say. o_O

And who calls a character Bob? I mean, come ON, a brick has more imagination.

I vaguely remember Reboot...it was a bit weird. Lots of robots. I much preferred Power Rangers (!) 'cause they were like, so cool.

I had a disturbed childhood...

Eihwaz
Jan 15, 2006, 01:06 PM
Ah, Reboot. One of my favorite shows on the old Toonami. It quickly went from being action-packed, to hilarious, to back to action-packed. Reboot is awesome. I only ever saw the basic TV show. I never got a chance to watch the "movies" based on Reboot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2006-01-15 10:07 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Jan 15, 2006, 02:12 PM
I miss that show. I think it was on like right before Sailor Moon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DizzyDi
Jan 15, 2006, 03:02 PM
Aaaah brings back good 'ol memories of when Toonami still showed quality shows. Reboot was a good'un, used to watch it everyday (or whenever it came on) I don't remember it much now. Another show I miss is Beast Wars, me and my dad used to watch that together all the time. /tear Oh nostalgia...

Forte1224
Jan 16, 2006, 09:58 PM
INFO SPOLIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like that other guy said, except with more detail.

Ok, so that's not how reboot ends. They made something after the Daemon mini-plot.

The series continues on into "My two Bobs" and remember how there are 2 bobs?

Dot is about to marry old-school bob when web Bob comes to stop the wedding but proceeds. Then glitch moves into the old-style Bob and the old-style one smiles with triumph then something goes wrong: glitch hurts bob and returns to web-bob. The original style one is actually megabyte. He got some of bob's data when he crushed Glitch while kicking him into the web.

And then some things happen and MB gets away since he got new powers..., blah blah blah.

After that, I don't know what happens. They never showed what happened next. I think it was a new season but the cancelled it or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Forte1224 on 2006-01-16 19:01 ]</font>