PDA

View Full Version : Move characters over...

IDI_Foxhound
Jan 15, 2006, 10:53 AM
...to other memory card

After buying two new memory cards for my GC, my brother wants to move his character over to one of the new ones, does anyone know how i can do this?

goku4ever
Jan 15, 2006, 10:55 AM
You cant do it directly on a gamecube but I think I heard a while ago it was possible by doing something like putting it onto your pc then putting it onto your other memory card from there

Dhylec
Jan 16, 2006, 03:49 PM
Well, you can't really move a character permanantly off the one card to another. In multi-player mode, you can move char/s to temporarily occupy the playing card. You can keep them there 'forever' if you like, but you can only play them in multi mode.
If you wanna play solo again, you must return them to the originating card, otherwise, you'd lose all items on that char. This is done to prevent cheating, namely item duping.

Forte1224
Jan 18, 2006, 11:07 PM
On 2006-01-15 07:55, goku4ever wrote:
You cant do it directly on a gamecube but I think I heard a while ago it was possible by doing something like putting it onto your pc then putting it onto your other memory card from there

Yeah... that new product for the gamecube... where you can store data and copy it onto a memory card.

Has anyone actually tried this?

VioletSkye
Jan 18, 2006, 11:26 PM
On 2006-01-18 20:07, Forte1224 wrote:

On 2006-01-15 07:55, goku4ever wrote:

Yeah... that new product for the gamecube... where you can store data and copy it onto a memory card.

Has anyone actually tried this?

New products aside, I used the homebrew app a year or so ago and it worked well enough. There are also USB cards that do generally the same thing except that they don't take the data off of a non USB card. The thing with PSO though is that your PSO data is tied to the format ID of the card, so you can't just simply put PSO files from one card onto another card unless the second card is formatted with that same id as the original card, otherwise it will say that the data is corrupt and it will rewrite the System, Guild and Character files, thus losing your previous PSO data.