PDA

View Full Version : Being cynical is okay, but do it on your own time

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 16, 2006, 10:01 PM
Pet peeve:

Someone talks about something they enjoy on television.

Response = I don't watch TV, then proceeds to badmouth what you were talking about in a positive manner, concerning a conversation you want to have about something you enjoy, a simple TV show.

I'm not some obsessed American stereotype who always watches Desperate Housewives and American Idol.

Neither do I watch the mess that is The Real World or other such reality messes.

Is it that hard to stay out of the conversation about the said TV topic?

You're only being negative and cynical concerning something you don't watch, therefore don't have anything to add to the conversation.

You don't watch TV, cool, nothing wrong with that.

Don't look down on me because I enjoy X program about Y person every so often.

What is the point of even discussing anything I enjoy then? I automatically lose 100 smart points for watching TV and you can look down on me like I'm some uneducated couch potato?

Sorry, life isn't like that.

Some simple TV leisure time has never hurt anybody and your reasons for not watching said TV could be plenty justified, but what are your intentions when you disrupt a friendly conversation?

Was anyone actually directing anything in your direction? No. So take a step back and stop being soo judgemental.

If you want to think watching any TV = loss of brain cells, I can certainly think that disrupting conversations due to personal preferences is very rude and condecending.

You don't do something that I do, so why try to make me feel bad about it?

Now, it might be almost time to watch Flavor Flav again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2006-01-16 19:02 ]</font>

zwandude15
Jan 16, 2006, 10:13 PM
=/

For true.

Some people don't even watch TV. And then there are people that go nuts because they think that's so absurd. They start talking about TV shows they're missing out on, and asking questions as to why they don't watch TV.

On the other hand. The people that don't watch TV have conversations between them and their friends based plainly on what's been going on in life, and you don't see them talking to people who watch it and saying how they're missing out on life, and asking questions as to why they watch TV.

See the similarities? See the differences?

We should just respect each other. All in all...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 17, 2006, 12:05 AM
I didn't press the issue and ask any ridiculous probing questions as to why they didn't watch X show.

I didn't say this show is good and you're missing out.

I'd just rather they not say anything rather than bash what I said with their uninformed information.

WraithVerge
Jan 18, 2006, 05:27 PM
I can't stand TV anymore. A year or so ago, I'd watch something every so often. Now though, I can seem to find interest in anything that comes on. Eh, just part of my ever-changing life I suppose.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2006-01-18 14:35 ]</font>

Skorpius
Jan 18, 2006, 08:55 PM
I lost hope in Televisioin.

Then I learned of Spike TV's weekday line up, and hope was regained. >_>

Slightly on topic, but not helpfull to your cause. I'm sorry.

zwandude15
Jan 19, 2006, 08:56 PM
On 2006-01-16 21:05, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
I didn't press the issue and ask any ridiculous probing questions as to why they didn't watch X show.

I didn't say this show is good and you're missing out.

I'd just rather they not say anything rather than bash what I said with their uninformed information.

x[
oh-em-gee
I'm sorry AGAIN that you took it that way.

I meant in GENERAL.

Quote: "For true" :Unquote

rena-ko
Jan 22, 2006, 03:36 PM
whats wrong with asking why one personally is against doing something? whats wrong with suggesting something you enjoyed.

the key really is just to not be obnoxious. and on the other side - to be polite. if have your personal preferences then dont try to press them on others. wether it is your fav show or that you wouldnt watch tv if you would be getting paid for it.