PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Here Play Animal Crossing?

Antman
Sep 17, 2002, 08:35 PM
If so i would gladly trade you some of my oranges that i grow, for some of ur native fruit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Sep 17, 2002, 10:25 PM
I haven't gotten the opportunity to, but I'm hearing good things about it.

Cube
Sep 17, 2002, 11:16 PM
Ah poo. I have oranges too.

Give me a message my SN is CUBEGC... maybe we can trade games? I have Clu Clu Land or whatever its called for trade... etc... This goes for all AC owners!

Name: Cube
Village: Arcadia
Fruit: Oranges

Bri-N
Sep 18, 2002, 12:01 AM
How did you get the NES games? And I have apples in my game but I'll put my info here once they grow back haha.

Sion
Sep 18, 2002, 12:41 AM
i want animal crossing ;_;, i've been seeing the commercials and they are funny xD hahaha oh well hopefully i'll get it..

Alielle
Sep 18, 2002, 01:03 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=31699&forum=9&12

I've got pears (native), coconuts, oranges, cherries, apples, and peaches. I don't have a lot of non-native fruit to go around, but post your info and I'll send one off when I'm feeling generous. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Oh, if anyone finds Imperial Tile, or any Imperial furniture, pleeeease let me know. I'll repay you generously.

By the way, has anyone had their grab bag from Nintendo come in extremely late? The timing seems to be very random.

RuneLateralus
Sep 18, 2002, 04:21 AM
I didn't get much time to play the game at GameStop today, but it did not get me that great of an impression yet...especially the beginning of what is supposed to be an open ended game...

But then again, I only played for 15-30 minutes...can you blame that impression? It is like Morrowind, you can't get an instant impression of it until you play the game for a while.

But I will comment on this...was it necessary to include those annoying noises when the characters talked?

Ness
Sep 18, 2002, 06:29 AM
I ordered on the 15th so it's not here yet.
I look forward to playing it and I hope my town has rare fruit.

ABDUR101
Sep 18, 2002, 06:39 AM
So, this is an online game, right? Or do you only go online for afew little things?

It sounds interesting..

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Sep 18, 2002, 07:34 AM
Good question, I was beginning to wonder that myself. How do you trade fruits and such?

Cube
Sep 18, 2002, 08:24 AM
Abdur: No, its not online... originally it was intended to be though, and a sequal is rumored to be made online-only...

Anyways, imagine Harvest Moon, The sims, and morrowind in one game, with N64+ graphics. And you have Animal Crossing. A non-linear game in which you live life... Buy a house, decorate it, pick from thousands of items of furniture, talk to the villager, go to your friends town and visit his city (via swapping memory cards), play NES games on the Gamecube or transfer NES games from Animal Crossing to your GBA. Use the GBA E-Card reader to transfer items from E-Cards to your game in Animal Crossing. Don't know anyone with AC? Go online, transfer your town, and character name data with someone who is willing to trade items, and set up a deal, exchange codes, and its done!

There is SO much to do in this game its endless. Nintendo has gone to the extreme with this one... NES game, E-Card, GBA-GCN connectivity, GBA compatable, etc... It's crazy.

----

Hey, I'm interested in ANY of those Fruits, except oranges.. give me a 'hello.

Antman
Sep 18, 2002, 04:29 PM
Hey, Alielle would you mind trading me one of ur native pears to me? I would trade you a orange if u still want, even though you already have one, :

P.S Oh and cube, I got Excitebike and Tennis with my Grab bag, if you want either ill sell it to you for another NES game, since i can just order back the one i sold with the Catalog. I have no idea what Clu Clu land is so if you could, explain to me it? Or if you have another to trade tell me that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Antman on 2002-09-18 14:32 ]</font>

Alielle
Sep 18, 2002, 07:59 PM
Antman, what's your town name/player name? I'll send you a pear for free.

How long did it take you to get your grab bag?

Cube
Sep 18, 2002, 08:11 PM
Clu Clu land is SORT of like Pac Man except you swing to turn, and its a little harder... tons of fun if you can do it right hehe.. I also have excitebike and 2 Coconuts! PM me to set up a trade.. I have a few other things too, so let me know!

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Sep 18, 2002, 08:20 PM
How does the whole trading system work? Do you go online through your pc to actually do it or what?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _xX_Frosty_Xx_ on 2002-09-18 18:28 ]</font>

Dabra
Sep 18, 2002, 09:10 PM
Cube: You just said that it wasn't online to abdur, yet you say you gotta go online to trade items.

O_O;;;

Or am i dislexic and see crap for words?

I'm getting animal crossing 'morrow so they'll be plenty of trading from me..

Alielle
Sep 18, 2002, 10:16 PM
It's quite simple. You take an item that you want to send to a friend to the shop. Tom Nook asks you for your friend's name and town name. The item is then taken from your inventory, and you are given an alphanumeric password that your friend can input in their game to get the item.

I just got a very strange piece of furniture that makes faces at me! It's freaking me out.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Sep 18, 2002, 10:27 PM
Ohhh that's cool ^_^ I can't wait to get this.

Antman
Sep 18, 2002, 11:10 PM
Alielle> Not long, because once i was free to walk around the village i started shaking trees and all of a sudden a bee hive dropped and i was stung. So i heard that if u quit and come back u wont have a swollen face. So... when i came back into the game, my grab bag was sitting in my mailbox for me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And here is my info...

Name:Ant
Town:Midgard

Spy
Sep 18, 2002, 11:16 PM
Is Animal Crossing anything like Deer Avenger 4?

Alielle
Sep 18, 2002, 11:41 PM
Wanna hear a strange story?

Larkin and I both rented AC from Blockbuster, and we started up our towns a week before the official release. We knew about the goody bag that came with the game and everything, so we figured we could just start up new towns and then transfer everything over when we got our copies. So when we finally picked them up, Larks started up a new town on the new memory card and just used random names.

Well, the reason I asked you how long it took was because Larks never got his goody bag in his new town. In fact, he even moved the clock ahead for DAYS and never received it. We looked it up for a bit on some AC forums but finally gave up.

Well, tonight he called me in a frightened panic. It seems that he started up his original town, and that he had gotten his goody bag... ADDRESSED TO HIM! Now, there's no way the game could've copied the goody bag file over to his original town... he never had the two memory cards in the same GC at the same time.

The funny thing is, Larks had switched the covers on the two memory cards so that he could have the AC sticker on his original town's card. We're beinning to suspect that the item is stored in the special AC sticker. XD Makes more sense than any other explanation. Unless, of course, the GC's internal memory is messing with us.

Cube
Sep 19, 2002, 07:52 AM
O_o...

TeH C00b H4s Sp3ci4L p0w3rzZ!!?!?!

googles
Sep 19, 2002, 03:58 PM
yay im getting this game saturday http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dabra
Sep 19, 2002, 05:18 PM
I just got it and so far it's lame...only thing that's coo lis that animal's said that i was cool.

Cube
Sep 19, 2002, 06:13 PM
Don;t expect tons of action, blood, and a wild adventure. This game is like the sims. YOU make things happen.. Its basically a life simulator, and if your not into those things, don't touch this game.

Dabra
Sep 19, 2002, 06:20 PM
I knew what to expect when i got it this evening, i even bought the link cable to bust my way to 100 000 bell. It's pretty promising, i already got planned out what i wanna do but it's just..hmm. Too much talk O_O

Dabra
Sep 19, 2002, 06:23 PM
Btw cube i got pears...wanna trade?

Ness
Sep 19, 2002, 08:36 PM
I just got Animal crossing today. It is a very fun game. My fruit is oranges though.

Ziggy-san
Sep 19, 2002, 09:38 PM
I'd get it, but I'm having too much damn fun with PSO

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Cube
Sep 20, 2002, 05:39 PM
Hey, ya sure, I have oranges i'll trade with ya, I could use another pear... have any furniture? IM me or PM me CubeGC.

googles
Sep 20, 2002, 06:04 PM
what does fruit do?

Dabra
Sep 21, 2002, 03:31 PM
Well i can't really trade at the moment, GC sent for modding.

Although i need a samurai suit...

Not much furniture yet, want NES games? i got Donkey kong, DK jr math, excitebike, balloon fight, golf, tennis, pinball and cluclu land.

googles
Sep 21, 2002, 07:27 PM
On 2002-09-21 13:31, Dabra_Shenrox wrote:
Well i can't really trade at the moment, GC sent for modding.

Although i need a samurai suit...

Not much furniture yet, want NES games? i got Donkey kong, DK jr math, excitebike, balloon fight, golf, tennis, pinball and cluclu land.

*cough*cheater*cough*

Dabra
Sep 21, 2002, 10:00 PM
maybe......maybe not.