PDA

View Full Version : Plot-Hole Cards?

AzureBlaze
Jan 19, 2006, 12:19 AM
Well, it may not be beating the dead horse, I suppose rather nettling it....but:

CARDS are supposed to be a more advanced form of 'boxes'-- In that items can be compressed into a tiny size and carried easily, then 'brought out' for use.

However, unlike a box, a card can store a living thing. (we know boxes can store real food) But, the thing is 'less empowered' or whatever than its actual counterpart. (hence peko and his vanishing cakes) The same goes for animals, with the Arkz and their commandable docile monsters.

However...
Love Rappy and Egg Rappy NEVER EXISTED. They were purely VR creatures. They were invented in lieu of the AL Rappy, by silly programmers for the VR field.

(Hallo Rappy does really exist, becaue you see regular rappies dressing up on Gal Da Val for halloween and cakes, so if you captured one while dressed up, it would be just so inside the card)

So technically, CARDS should not have been able to be made of creatures that don't really exist. After all, you ARE calling upon the physical item when you release it from a box or card. There is no physical love or egg rappy.

Yay for logic!
But it is curious to figure out.

aclors
Jan 19, 2006, 06:59 AM
Yeah, well I don't really think a Toy Rappy exists. It's just a card game that's supposed to fun. Don't get that deep into it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

T0m
Jan 20, 2006, 01:24 AM
The cards are made with the Germ, a substance that can (forgot the literal description...) create, and alter reality.
These are the two things I can come up with, in relation to the love and hallo rappy cards. Maybe the VR templates are enough to create these creatures with the germ. The other is that maybe those rappies are 'glitches' of the other rappies.

Zos
Jan 21, 2006, 02:33 AM
actually the toy rappy does exist, its a rather hard to get card because i believe its in a japanese quest.

Skorpius
Jan 21, 2006, 03:22 AM
Love Rappies do exist in those Episode 2 quests, they take place of the Halo Rappies / St Rappies if you start the quests, on GC, in an Episode 1 game.

Also, calling out plot holes in PSO is like looking for water at the bottom of the ocean.

Deathwalk28
Jan 22, 2006, 03:35 PM
What plot holes?! I don't see any plot holes!!!

Oops... Let me open my eyes. Ah. There they are. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Nice sig Skorp.

My view on this is that the cards can bring anything into being. I believe this probably goes into the VR. Could you imagine if they actually went off and used more germ, as the story suggests??
Ah yes! I play Pioneer 2 against the silly germ... CRASH! ....Okay... So maybe it's a little silly, but who knows?

Sovre
Jan 28, 2006, 01:03 PM
But in EP1&2, when you found a 'virtual' Double Saber from Barba Ray, you could take it into the real world... eh?