PDA

View Full Version : "hit materials"?

plasmacutter
Jan 19, 2006, 01:15 PM
I was checking up on some stats when i came across this:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=157

"This statistic is affected by your MAG's DEX level, gaining one point for every two points your MAG has. Using a hit material will raise this statistic by two points."

I'm a psogc player.. so my question is.. is this a BB thing? is this only obtainable through a quest? or is this some mythical made up material?

A search of pso-world.com via this site's tools and google produce nothing except that entry for the ATA stat.

slayer_1327
Jan 19, 2006, 01:33 PM
The Hit Materials are not available in anything newer then v.2. I wish they existed in XB and GC...dont play BB yet so I dont know about it; though I am pretty certain they are not.

Firocket1690
Jan 19, 2006, 05:10 PM
dreamcast ftw.

Hit mats would increase ATA by one. But seeing as how two dex mag levels are needed to bump ata by one, and ata rarely rises for anything but rangers, as well as the fact that it'll break hte game, it has been removed.

Not really though. Technically, it's still in the gamecube item database. :3

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 19, 2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah they were removed due to the material limits put in place since GC's Episode 1 & 2.

In Dreamcast's Version 1 and 2 there were no limits to the amount of materials you could use on your character, regardless of class.

Eihwaz
Jan 19, 2006, 05:49 PM
I found one the other day in PSO PC. I suppose I'll give it to my HUmar.

slayer_1327
Jan 19, 2006, 05:59 PM
On 2006-01-19 14:10, Firocket1690 wrote:
dreamcast ftw.

Not really though. Technically, it's still in the gamecube item database. :3

Well that would mean that if you can ar the flow gene you can ar hit mats. ie:they are in the game but cant drop.

Eihwaz
Jan 19, 2006, 07:09 PM
Even if you could AR them, I wonder if you could even use them? Maybe the mat limits prevent the use of Hit Mats?

Somehow I think if it was possible to hack in items that allow you to boost your ATA, it'd be very widespread. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Saiffy
Jan 19, 2006, 07:25 PM
There is no data for hit materials on GC.

Skorpius
Jan 19, 2006, 07:34 PM
On 2006-01-19 16:25, Saiffy wrote:
There is no data for hit materials on GC.

I offer support for this statement.

Getintothegame
Jan 19, 2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks for finding that! I've added a little note to that article.

Eihwaz
Jan 19, 2006, 08:49 PM
So, the data for Hit Mats was removed from V3. Makes sense to me.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 19, 2006, 10:29 PM
Whew, we almost had another in the game item Olga DNA outbreak again.

Good job team *high five* for nipping that one in the bud and scaring that crowd away. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

No conspiracy thoeries here:
There are no Hit Materials in the game data for versions after Dreamcast Version 2.

Lusky
Jan 19, 2006, 11:59 PM
On 2006-01-19 19:29, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

Good job team *high five*
No conspiracy thoeries here:
There are no Hit Materials in the game data for versions after Dreamcast Version 2.

*high-fives* Wait my DC HUnewearl can't stop being stronger? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 20, 2006, 03:21 AM
Lusky to clarify:

DC v1 and v2(also PSO:PC whcih has v2) have Hit Materials

GC, XBOX, and BB do not.

Mixfortune
Jan 20, 2006, 11:34 AM
Hit materials were overpowered anyways.
2 ATA + most common material + no material limits was just too good.

(and no ripping into me if technically it wasn't the most common material... it was still far too often)

Feelmirath
Jan 20, 2006, 11:58 AM
Ok, i know none of you will believe me, but...
I found one about 3 years ago.
I was offline at the time, I think a hard gigobooma dropped it. I thought nothing of it at the time, but thinking back on it...
Must've been a glitch, i know there isn't a drop for it.

Ketchup345
Jan 20, 2006, 12:05 PM
On 2006-01-20 08:58, Feelmirath wrote:
Ok, i know none of you will believe me, but...
I found one about 3 years ago.
I was offline at the time, I think a hard gigobooma dropped it. I thought nothing of it at the time, but thinking back on it...
Must've been a glitch, i know there isn't a drop for it.
In GC and XBox it isn't even in the game data.

Eihwaz
Jan 20, 2006, 12:50 PM
Even though there weren't mat materials, there were still stat limits on each character in v2, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shigecki
Jan 20, 2006, 02:25 PM
Yes there were stat limits, you character had max stats, but thanks to the ability to dupe items, one could realisticly have those stat maxed at the level 1, with no need for a mag.

slayer_1327
Jan 20, 2006, 04:41 PM
Yup. You can just eat all the mats you want, the only thing thats stops you is maxed stats. I maexd the stats on my RAmar in v.2 pc quite easily. And I agree with whoever said hit mats r the most common. I found them out the ass.X{ But I have never found one on XB or GC and am 1337% sure they don't exist.

Sovre
Jan 20, 2006, 07:30 PM
No Mat limit? If only there was some way to do that on GC... o.O

Kai_reborn
Jul 23, 2006, 11:22 PM
Feelmirath's post has bolstered my courage enough to post, I believe that I have posted on the subject of GC Hit mats before, and even though I no longer have the item (used it as soon as I got it, I had just started out and had no idea it was a "nonexistant' item) I can post a pic of my lvl 110 rangers ATA, it is 1 point higher or lower (dont remember which) than it should be at his level, I have no idea if this helps or not.

Dhylec
Jul 23, 2006, 11:25 PM
Please do not reply to topics that are inactive for a few weeks.