PDA

View Full Version : Champloo 7 DVD (series ending)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 22, 2006, 06:10 AM
Spoiler time-

Man, do people still get upset when a topic spoils something for them? I mean just stay the hell out of a topic then if you don't wanna know. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Blame yourself for reading it when you didn't want to know.

What do you think people are gonna talk about in there, cheese?

Some of you might already know all about this months in advance with fan subs, Japanese versions, etc.

"NO, YOU GO!" -Mugen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I would have liked to see more of the assasin whom Mugen killed. His weapon looked pretty simple but still unique and didn't get much use. I laughed when Mugen put his hand up to be stabbed then stabbed back with his sword while underwater. It was funny how easily that was taken care of and the short green guy got outsmarted.

Jin being all Mitsurugi(Soul Calibur) with the hair out of the tail, one arm/chest shown and of course Fabio style wind machine and head lifting towards the camera(viewpoint if you prefer since there's no camera). Pretty funny and cliche'.

Fuu should have punched her father anyway. Way to give up your plans when you had set out on this big ol' journey with the set goal and accomplishments to achieve.

The whole government hierarchy stuff wasn't really covered, I guess to save time, but it would have been nice to see 4 more episodes or so and covering that aspect of it.

Who was ordering who, rather than just say vaguely "The Government" (made me do it).

It went all GI-Joe airplane stereotype there for Mugen. Getting blown up then flying out of it without a scratch. He keeps on getting up after X amount of a beating. Jin not dying after a "fatal blow" then another soon enough, meh. Apparently it would have been Cowboy Bebop all over again if they had died.

But all in all the music worked well, even the ones that were series staples for the town- the segway into battle- etc.

Good stuff.

I recommend it to anyone who's watched any of this series and/or found the previous episodes to weird or slow. Good to see it come to a close and not have some cliffhanger or out of place ending.

Lusky
Jan 22, 2006, 10:10 AM
A favorite of mine as well. ;D I was pretty much in from the first episode. I haven't seen the whole season but enough to understamd.