PDA

View Full Version : Idiots give me headaches

Dre_o
Jan 22, 2006, 06:42 PM
I am a person who hates stupid people. Plain and simple. Yet I am intelligent enough to know that stupid people will always exist, and in more numbers than what could be eliminated by any kind of violent action so I will skip that idea. It just bothers me, how many people I sense that could be smart, but they let themselves fall into stupidity. I know there are at least 5 people I know in school that are smart, but yet they don't care use their mind. I always tell them that their life will be hell later, if they don't use their mind now, but they still say they don't care.

It's bullshit. Getting good grades is easy, and it would be for these people. Don't tell me that it is more challenging for certain people, because I already know that these people do not come from a line of people that have learning problems. Some of them could even have an intelligent conversation with me, if they were to use their minds; thus bringing me to the angry conclusion that I may have to give up with these people, which I really don't want to do. Unfortunetly, I don't have the time and energy to convert the above people into a state of mind that would allow them to have a better life. I know that I don't cause I have already done it a couple times already and it takes A LOT of energy.

Which opens a fork, to ignore the idiots, or to help them, that is the question.

PJ
Jan 22, 2006, 06:46 PM
You know, some people are naturally bad at certain things, academics included.

Dre_o
Jan 22, 2006, 06:56 PM
On 2006-01-22 15:46, PJ wrote:
You know, some people are naturally bad at certain things, academics included.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif I thought I cleared up that I KNOW these people don't have a challenge. I am fully aware that they can do work perfectly. I have seen their work before.

Sorry if this sounded rude, but I know they can do it.

PJ
Jan 22, 2006, 06:57 PM
By challenge, do you mean a mental handicap? Cause I'm referring to normal people without, "Challenges," too. Unless you are referring to the same group of people that I'm referring to.

WraithVerge
Jan 22, 2006, 07:29 PM
I don't necessarily consider the situation you've described idiocy. It's more of an apathic view on school that these people have with some ill idea that life will be just fine w/o an education.

Idiocy is something more like lighting a cigerette while you're pumping gas into your car or hanging your clothes out to dry when the sky is black with storm clouds and rain is surely on the way.

Try to find some way to make it click that they're going nowhere if they continue this path. You have may have to be persistant to the point of annoyance, but hopefully these people will get the idea before it reaches that point.

... and in more numbers than what could be eliminated by any kind of violent action so I will skip that idea.

I have a quote that follows this line of thought. If only I can find it again...

Niki
Jan 22, 2006, 07:32 PM
On 2006-01-22 16:29, WraithVerge wrote:
I don't necessarily consider the situation you've described idiocy. It's more of an apathic view on school that these people have with some ill idea that life will be just fine w/o an education.

In the words of Judge Elihu Smails, "...the world needs ditchdiggers, too."

Sayara
Jan 22, 2006, 07:48 PM
Seems to me they are lazy. Or Apathetic like WrathVerge says. If they wanna be lazy and not do the work, its their problem, don't try to convert em, cuz they don't care.

WraithVerge
Jan 22, 2006, 10:02 PM
On 2006-01-22 16:48, Tingle wrote:
Seems to me they are lazy. Or Apathetic like WrathVerge says. If they wanna be lazy and not do the work, its their problem, don't try to convert em, cuz they don't care.

Normally I'd agree with the "let them do what they wish" viewpoint and let them steer their own life, but they're not going to have much of a life to drive if they don't at least get a basic education.

Unless you're planning on becomming a hermit in the mountains, there's not much of a future for you in the eyes of businesspersons in today's society.

Apathy is a bad thing.

Daikarin
Jan 23, 2006, 08:18 AM
If they ask for help, you should help them. Not everyone can get good grades, and yes, especially because not everyone wants to. So respect their choice and let them follow their own path.

DavidNel
Jan 23, 2006, 02:44 PM
you can olnly do so much....

plus, if many people can do things you just get a better job lol

Derek0660
Jan 23, 2006, 09:06 PM
Here is a some good rules of thumb:

7 out of 10 people are total and complete idiots.
All groups of friends has at least one idiot. If you can't find the idiot, guess what?

Solstis
Jan 24, 2006, 02:41 PM
On 2006-01-22 16:32, Niki wrote:

On 2006-01-22 16:29, WraithVerge wrote:

In the words of Judge Elihu Smails, "...the world needs ditchdiggers, too."

Annoying, but true. Until we replace all manual labor with robots or somesuch, people are needed to take up the shovel. I know perfectly content blue collar workers, and they probably don't care for righteous "intellectuals."

opaopajr
Jan 24, 2006, 10:09 PM
they are probably smart in another way that they *choose* to focus on more right now than academics. perhaps that's in social interaction, physical coordination, or some other skill. just because someone can be a good basketball player or a great poet doesn't mean they want to use that skill. and there's no shame in choosing another skill to work on in life.

that said, are thy embracing their inner 'tard? pretending to be stupid so they can fit in with the crowd, for fear of being ostracized? it's sad, but it happens. but you aren't gonna change them by being a harpy. perhaps they are having great fun with their new found crowd and parties. join 'em a bit. show them that you can be smart and still have fun. who knows, maybe they'll come around, between the bong hits and blow jobs, and not be so afraid to have a deep conversation later.

or you could just read voltaire, russell, sagan, etc during your summer vacations and lament on the nature of man to embrace their inner irrational beast instead of their rational, scientific potential (or whatever shit like that). then go write crappy SF to throngs of adoring nerd fans, end up wallowing in the joys of debauchery in your own little conquered circle, and between the bong hits and blow jobs, be inspired by a tightly-wound hanger-on to have a deep conversation...

i hate pandas http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/panda.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: opaopajr on 2006-01-24 19:10 ]</font>

WraithVerge
Jan 25, 2006, 12:45 AM
... and in more numbers than what could be eliminated by any kind of violent action so I will skip that idea.

I have a quote that follows this line of thought. If only I can find it again...

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2006-01-24 21:46 ]</font>

Firocket1690
Jan 25, 2006, 04:39 AM
On 2006-01-24 21:45, WraithVerge wrote:

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Ya.
But the America's stupidity in general is that said stupid person can sue for the lack of said label, and will probably win. Stupid judges. =/

Actually, I don't really blame the judges, but rather I blame the odd fact that those who are extremly studious tend to lose common sense, and hence, they make the descisions they do, such as allowing fat kids to sue mickeyd's for making them fat.

Oh, and one last word of advice. Speaking of mickeyd's
If everybody gets a "real" job in the future, who the fuck's going to serve me my double cheeseburgers, dammit!

P.S.
Psychology is a valid study.

Derek0660
Jan 25, 2006, 04:13 PM
There are some things that you SHOULD NOT take saftey labels off.

There are, however, somethings that should have the saftey sabels taken off.

For example:

On a chainsaw-Do not try to stop spinning chain with hands or genitailia (sp?)
On a bag of peanuts-Warning: Contains nuts

TheFluffiest
Jan 26, 2006, 08:09 AM
Hey now, peanuts aren't actually nuts, they're legumes.

... Yeah, no, I've got nothin'.

Seriously, though, as irritating as the people are, don't bother. If they don't think it matters *absolutely nothing* is going to change the mindset.

That is all.

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 05:07 PM
Sometimes, I act stupid just to piss off my intellectual freinds. Hoo boy, it's the funniest thing seeing a mental bad ass have a tantrum, lol

Tkinc
Feb 6, 2006, 02:52 PM
Am I allowed to post... oh well, I'm not particularily sure what you mean by idiots- do you mean literal ones like retards who were sadly not born with a strong brain (I'm serious) or are you talking about people who act 'stupid' - if the second, that is just immaturity- trying to prove something or such. Just keep in mind that no one is a complete idiot unless they have some type of disorder (not going into that). .. and therefore the others are actually smart, perticularily in serious situations and/or something of their deep interest. So, if you hate these 'idiots' and the society that creates them... well their is nothing you can do but have patience like the rest of us here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Scopes
Feb 6, 2006, 05:50 PM
I believe by idoit he means people who have no handicap, who just act dumb to be cool.

And I agree. People who either are intelligent, and have no inititve to devolpe their brain, or people who are not intelligent, who do NOT take any steps twords bettering themselves.

I did find an interesting idea... about an Utopian society. See, the people were all smart!... Course they ground up the stupid people for food, but hey, whatever.

Scopes
Feb 6, 2006, 05:56 PM
On 2006-01-25 13:13, Derek0660 wrote:
There are some things that you SHOULD NOT take saftey labels off.

There are, however, somethings that should have the saftey sabels taken off.

For example:

On a chainsaw-Do not try to stop spinning chain with hands or genitailia (sp?)
On a bag of peanuts-Warning: Contains nuts

God dang it, I wish I had seen this earlier. Sorry about the double post, but here's a few;
On a Scooter: Warning, product moves when used.
Oven: Warning, may reach high temperatures when on.
2mil candle flood light (not kidding): Product emits light that may be harmful to eyes.

Hehe, I'll have to dig up my list of these... Good 'ol Darwin Awards (my fav, a guy walked into a lake with his house's main power line to run power to... something... yeah... 50000v cable + water + idjit = kentucky fried Idjit. (Alright, it wasn't kentucky, but still.)