PDA

View Full Version : J Pop

Kaigan
Jan 22, 2006, 09:26 PM
After watching some anime, mostly the Wild Arms Twilight Venom set it got me a little more interested in J Pop so I was wondering if anyone knew of any artists or sites to check out? Thanks.

EphekZ
Jan 22, 2006, 09:32 PM
well, for a laugh I tried Jpop.com and hey it worked.

There ya go.

Blitzkommando
Jan 22, 2006, 09:42 PM
Hmm... I like some of the Japanese rock and techno, like Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, The Pillows, Do As Infinity, and probably some others that I just don't remember right now.

Ayumi Hamasaki has a lot of good dance music full of beat. Utada Hikaru is more pop than the others so you might like her music best. The Pillows have a rather interesting line of music with a few songs outside the rock style. Do As Infinity has more rock/pop and is also worth looking into.

Kaigan
Jan 22, 2006, 09:45 PM
Thank you both very much, I didn't even think to try jpop.com haha.

Firocket1690
Jan 23, 2006, 04:46 PM
On 2006-01-22 18:42, Norvekh wrote:
Hmm... I like some of the Japanese rock and techno, like Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, The Pillows, Do As Infinity, and probably some others that I just don't remember right now.

Ayumi Hamasaki has a lot of good dance music full of beat. Utada Hikaru is more pop than the others so you might like her music best. The Pillows have a rather interesting line of music with a few songs outside the rock style. Do As Infinity has more rock/pop and is also worth looking into.

.. The hell?
If anything, Ayu's more blonde popstar than anything. >_>;;
Hikki ftw, bish. >o
Similiar to many artists, first album is always the best. When looking for Hikki stuff, look for First Love first. Then work your way down to newer stuff.

Oh, and stay the hell away from Exodus. It's like... something else completly. >_>;;

For males, I'd go for Se7en, or Love Psychedelico.
Just.. Undescribably good music. >:3

Eihwaz
Jan 23, 2006, 06:59 PM
I'm not really into J-Pop, but I will say that Utada Hikaru's single "Passion" (which is being used as the Kingdom Hearts II theme song) is freakishly addictive.

Virtually all of the Japanese music I listen to (not counting soundtracks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif) is some kind of rock music. In particular, I like the pillows (their new album, MY FOOT, is really good), Psycho le Cému, and ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION.

I only have two songs by them, but Onymouza has an interesting sound, since they have two vocalists and a somewhat "metal" sound.

Puppet_Papaya
Jan 23, 2006, 07:16 PM
but I will say that Utada Hikaru's single "Passion" (which is being used as the Kingdom Hearts II theme song) is freakishly addictive.
You too?!

I like Lark en ceil, asian kung-fu generation, and T.M. Revolution.

rena-ko
Jan 23, 2006, 07:18 PM
isnt onmyouza actually visual key?

personally i prefer punk-rock..
go!go! 7188
judy & mary
the brilliant green