PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide. GC/PSO now or Driving School??!!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 18, 2002, 09:02 PM
I started Senior year in HS.
First fieldtrip today, yay!
I took Drivers Ed. at age 15. Didn't get permit yet.
Friends drive and own cars.
I have two cars lined up for me!
I own around 190 American dollars this second.
Should I buy a GameCube w FREE MEM CARD 59 or pay 160-190 for Driver's Training School?

Learning to drive will help this goateed fool grow up.
GC/PSO will help keep me a kid/young.
I can get GC/PSO later but the cheating may have already started. MEM Card 59 FREE is a nice deal since 4 chars can fit on it anyway and I will use it for no other game.
Time is money, money is for life, life can be nothing but PSO.

Help me decide please.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2002-09-18 19:17 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 18, 2002, 09:03 PM
1st vote ever goes to GC!
Yay, stay young and foolish!

rbf2000
Sep 18, 2002, 09:22 PM
Learn to drive.

Davion
Sep 18, 2002, 09:24 PM
Think about it this way:

Get car, drive car, do mercenary work, get cash, buy GCN PSO, have fun.

Dangerous55
Sep 18, 2002, 09:26 PM
You dont really need driving school to learn to drive. Everyone around here just learns from parents or friends.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 18, 2002, 09:28 PM
2 votes 'Learn to drive' http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

I'm afraid of learning to drive since two cars crashed by my house this month in the same week.
One came down a hill and broke through my next door neighbor's fence.
The other was directly in front of my house. A coupe hit a van from the driver's side thus hampering the driver from getting out unhurt.
Well accidents happen and I would do my best to not cause them or be a part of them if I learn to drive.

Come on vote for Gamecube! GC GC rah rah rah!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 18, 2002, 09:29 PM
On 2002-09-18 19:26, Dangerous55 wrote:
You dont really need driving school to learn to drive. Everyone around here just learns from parents or friends.

Nice! I'll look into that!
Hopefully I can bypass Driver's School as did people you know have.

Alielle
Sep 18, 2002, 10:08 PM
I took driving school, and it was pretty useless. The really important thing is getting experience. Also, you really need to learn the rules of the road. I'm sure there's a handbook about it that your local DMV can give you.

I vote for GC all the way. ^_^ That's what I would do, anyway.

BlackRose
Sep 18, 2002, 10:15 PM
I'd say go with the GC/PSO... because driving school will still be there long after people get bored with PSO and stop playing. If you learn to drive first, you risk getting PSO right as everybody's stopping. That's what happened to me, anyway.

pixelate
Sep 18, 2002, 10:20 PM
Senior in high school? How old are you? When you turn 18 in California, you don't need driver's training to get a license.

Spy
Sep 18, 2002, 11:04 PM
Learn to drive. PSO is nothing in comparrison to running down kitty-cats.

ABDUR101
Sep 19, 2002, 01:35 AM
Yes, I, Abdur, broke the tie. Get PSO GC bitxh!

Stay young, have fun, while you still can!

But I agree, paying for driving training doesn't really help, around here, you read a book on driving to get the laws and general idea of what to do down, then you go for your driving test after so long of driving with an adult as a passenger, then you take a written test and if you pass both, ta-da you get your drivers license. If you're over 18 it's alot easier.

I know this because all the kiddies ran out to get their license and be big shits, while I stayed at home and had fun. Whats the point in having a car unless you 1)Have a job, or 2)Have money to spend otherwise when you go places.

Spy
Sep 19, 2002, 01:46 AM
On 2002-09-18 21:04, Spy wrote:

The quote speaks for itself.

Castoth
Sep 19, 2002, 02:01 AM
Get a Gamecube. One can just use public transportation to get around, which is cheaper and more safe. Then again, this is coming from someone that almost has a phobia of driving at the age of 21 so I might not be the best source of inspiration. >_>

ABDUR101
Sep 19, 2002, 02:40 AM
On 2002-09-19 00:01, Chaos_Knight wrote:
Get a Gamecube.

Yes.

One can just use public transportation to get around, which is cheaper and more safe.

Unless your area doesn't have public transport, like mine. Or, if you're driver should'nt be driving but since the public transport office doesn't keep track of their own bad drivers, he is still behind the wheel. =X

Then again, this is coming from someone that almost has a phobia of driving at the age of 21 so I might not be the best source of inspiration. >_>

I'm 19 and have a phobia of driving, nothing wrong with that. I just feel that I could'nt handle driving and would probably opt to slam the car into an embankment, thus, not driving is the better option. =X

..We all know you're getting the GC, Hayabusa! =)

Castoth
Sep 19, 2002, 02:58 AM
I probably will give it a serious attempt one day. I have had driver's ed before and got a B in it so guess I could handle it. Just that the 'teacher' at home isn't exactly the best one to inspire confidence in me. Maybe once I leave home when college ends will I enroll in driver's school to relearn the basics and, well, go for it.

As for now, cheap = 1337!

Spy
Sep 19, 2002, 03:07 AM
On 2002-09-18 23:46, Spy wrote:

Mmm.... Kitty-pancakes.

Ness
Sep 19, 2002, 06:37 AM
Learn to dirve so you can go get GC PSO.

Seriously, learn to dirve first whether you goto driving school or have your parents teach you.

Shigecki
Sep 19, 2002, 10:58 AM
Get the GCN, already to many drivers on the road, you'll just end up cutting me off, and then road rage will take affect, and then I'll do time, and need to kill someone in prison,and I don't need that in my life. So the GC is the way to go my man.

Guile
Sep 19, 2002, 08:18 PM
And my vote makes it 6 to 5, go drive!

Spy
Sep 20, 2002, 02:17 AM
On 2002-09-19 01:07, Spy wrote:

Mmm.... Kitty-pancakes.

Dayum.... now I'm hungry :-

ABDUR101
Sep 20, 2002, 04:56 AM
Actually he can do both. He can buy PSO, and instead of paying for "drivers training", he just had to take a book from the local DMV(some offer paper manuals), study it, go in and go for his permit, get some driving time with his family, and then he just goes back to take the driving test and a written test, and then if he passes he gets his license. Pretty much free of cost.

Enjoy Hayabusa =)

Dabra
Sep 21, 2002, 08:21 AM
On 2002-09-20 00:17, Spy wrote:

On 2002-09-19 01:07, Spy wrote:

Mmm.... Kitty-pancakes.

Dayum.... now I'm hungry :-

*gasp*

Was that about 3 FREE posts?

*bashes spy's head*

pPSO OWNORZ U SUXER!111

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 21, 2002, 12:02 PM
6-6 Tie w/ GC & PSO and Learn to drive.
Like ABDUR said, I can do both.
Apply for a permit 6 months before I will take the tests, driving and written, then get experience with a passenger over the age of 18? or is it 25? with that permit and take both tests after the six months is up.
He also brought up a good point on not having anywhere to go or money to spend once getting there.
Public transportation will have to do for about six more months. I believe as was said earlier that you must be 18 to go without driver's training in CA. So wait 6 months, get permit, get license after the 6 month or more minimum limit is up.

Total cost: $12
Pretty scary that it only costs that much money to get a permit/license when you do not take driver's training courses. That must be why there are so many bad drivers on the road. Lenient people administering the driver portion of the test allowing anyone who can push GAS and BRAKE through!

I will buy a GC w/ free Mem Card 59 today if things go as planned.
Thanks for helping me understand the situation alot better and providing good, bad, and funny answers.
See you on Episode 1&2!

pixelate
Sep 21, 2002, 01:33 PM
On 2002-09-21 10:02, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Apply for a permit 6 months before I will take the tests, driving and written, then get experience with a passenger over the age of 18? or is it 25? with that permit and take both tests after the six months is up.
He also brought up a good point on not having anywhere to go or money to spend once getting there.
Public transportation will have to do for about six more months. I believe as was said earlier that you must be 18 to go without driver's training in CA. So wait 6 months, get permit, get license after the 6 month or more minimum limit is up.

The passenger has to be 25 or up when you have your learner's permit.

If you're 18 or up, you don't have to go through all those 6 month laws.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 22, 2002, 02:53 PM
Ok cool, but I meant the 6 mths then 6 mths waiting to turn 18.

Yeah 25, can do.

I didn't get the GC yesterday which was the last day of the sale with the special offer. Ironically because I had NO RIDE ! Gah well that mem card 59 is like 15 bucks. No biggie right?

Ian D
Sep 22, 2002, 08:44 PM
You don't need no stinkin' lessons, gas on right and brake on left... or was it the other way around... well anyways, thats all you need to know. I think.

pixelate
Sep 22, 2002, 09:00 PM
You said your friends are driving and have their own cars. Get moochin'!

ABDUR101
Sep 22, 2002, 09:58 PM
On 2002-09-22 19:00, pixelate wrote:

Damn! I need some friends to mooch off of. This isn't fair, all the cool kids have either cars or friends with cars to mooch off of. =

By the way, are you importing Hayabusa or are you just going to wait for the domestic release?

I remember you said on AIM that you missed that sale. Hmm. Since you've decided on GC over drivers license, any plans on what games you'll buy first, or just going to be patient for PSO...?

rbf2000
Sep 22, 2002, 10:07 PM

Mooching= a great idea. You don't even know how expenisive it is to own a car.

You've got the price of the car, gas, oil changes, maintenence, and the worst one of all, insurance. When you mooch off of friends, you just have to occasionaly pay for gas.

But I would still recommend getting your liscence.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 24, 2002, 08:00 PM
On 2002-09-22 19:58, ABDUR101 wrote:

Damn! I need some friends to mooch off of. This isn't fair, all the cool kids have either cars or friends with cars to mooch off of. =

By the way, are you importing Hayabusa or are you just going to wait for the domestic release?

I remember you said on AIM that you missed that sale. Hmm. Since you've decided on GC over drivers license, any plans on what games you'll buy first, or just going to be patient for PSO...?

Yeah I mooch with like 3-4 other buds. Yay conversion vans!
US (patched?) release please. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Animal Crossing is $55 at K-mart w/ free strategy guide and mem card 59 so I may get that or buy a GC and hope there's a demo disc and be broke for weeks and weeks.
$161 owned now with the price of $149.99 GC w/ tax being $161 !

Yes I'll be dooing some more moochin' then. Or saving lunch moneys like Abdur did!