PDA

View Full Version : pso & musica...?

zwandude15
Jan 26, 2006, 09:02 PM
So I've been thinking about making a mix cd to blast in my room while playing (since the computer's a bit distant).

But I can't really come up with a CD that sounds...right.

By that I mean; I want music to play to, you know, something that pumps up your playtime, but then again I'd like this kind of repetative music that's cool to hear, and is long.

Ideas already:

-Slipknot
-VNV Nation
-System of A Down (choice songs; I'd appreciate suggestions, I like SOAD, not too expiremental with listening to them)
-Chemical Brothers
-Prodigy
-Rob Zombie (a few; suggestions!?)
-Rammstein
-Nightwish
-Metallica
-Linkin Park (choice songs)
-Korn
-Godsmack
-Drowning Pool

You see where I'm coming from? A lot of this stuff is like, RANGING material. I would STRONGLY appreciate:

1) Awesome Techno/Electro/Industrial
2) Heavy/Speed/Thrash/Alternative Metal that has nice riffs.

Ideas?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zwandude15 on 2006-01-26 18:02 ]</font>

Ansatsu
Jan 26, 2006, 10:06 PM
Disturbed, their new stuff is awesome imo, old stuff rox too

Kent
Jan 26, 2006, 10:28 PM
"Own Little World" by Celldweller and "Supercharger Heaven" by White Zombie are some great battle music.

KaFKa
Jan 26, 2006, 10:58 PM
Look up anything live from a german techno artist named Angerfist.

Other than him, I'd prescribe DJ Buzz Fuzz for pounding bass goodness.

Oh, Lamb of God is an awesome choice if you want pure anger-music.

CherryLunar
Jan 26, 2006, 11:27 PM
On 2006-01-26 18:02, zwandude15 wrote:
I would STRONGLY appreciate:

1) Awesome Techno/Electro/Industrial

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zwandude15 on 2006-01-26 18:02 ]</font>

I can help you out in the electro-ish department.
Recomendations:
Infected Mushrooms*
DJ Tiesto
George Acosta**

Personal favorites:
ATB*
Scott Brown**
Junkie XL (some songs are teh spiff)

I know of plenty other artists, but these are a few just off the top of my head.

SIDE NOTE: If you like hard trance then try listening to Digitally Imported's Hard Trance channel. You can pick up good artists from there.

zwandude15
Jan 26, 2006, 11:54 PM
wow! I didnt expect a turnout this good.

Disturbed, have CDs. I'll give em more of a listen, other than hit songs.

White Zombie, also have some of their stuff, Celldweller I'll have to get acquainted with.

Lamb of God I've heard...NICE stuff, awesome riffs, i'll see if i can pick some up from my cuz. Other stuff, I'll see if i can check out. ;]

The techno! Lots of stuff here! Techno is hard to come by, and you gave a LOT of suggestions there Cherry. I'll definitely see about checking this stuff out!

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions! Any others are strongly appreciated!

KaFKa
Jan 26, 2006, 11:59 PM
On 2006-01-26 20:54, zwandude15 wrote:
The techno! Lots of stuff here! Techno is hard to come by, and you gave a LOT of suggestions there Cherry. I'll definitely see about checking this stuff out!

Trust me, if you like Lamb of God, you'll at the very least appreciate Angerfist.

But you need to get a hold of his live stuff, the guy has a knack for reacting to crowds and making his remixes that much better.

zwandude15
Jan 27, 2006, 12:11 AM
I can totally understand where you're coming from.

The germans get crazy! They go nuts for Rammstein, so I can trust they'd go nuts for Angerfist. I'll see what i can do about getting Live stuff. Thanks for the 1up.

Solstis
Jan 27, 2006, 11:25 AM
Where's the NIN? :/

SOAD's first album is pretty good background music.

Alucard_Zer0
Jan 27, 2006, 01:25 PM
OH YEA VNV NATION!!!! try some god module too, tactical sekt, blutengel and grendel. if you need anything i've got everything ever done by VNV and God Module

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alucard_Zer0 on 2006-01-27 10:26 ]</font>

Ansatsu
Jan 27, 2006, 05:12 PM
avenged sevenfold, awesome fast paced stuff,

zwandude15
Jan 28, 2006, 12:36 AM
NIN i've thought of, i guess i didnt list it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Again, the techno's appreciated, I'll see about it.

Avenged is new, still dont have that album. =

Thanks for suggestions, and any new ones are welcome!

ZaiV2
Feb 1, 2006, 08:04 PM
Iced Earth has some good tracks. So does Foo Fighters. I would especially recommend the songs 'Stacked Actors' and 'Breakout,' though anything on that album (There is Nothing Left to Lose) is good to listen to. If it's active music, though, some of their songs are just a bit off that radar sometimes.

EphekZ
Feb 1, 2006, 08:34 PM
for anger stuff SOAD first 3 albums

for techno stuff check out
Paul Okenfold and Aphex twin

DavidNel
Feb 1, 2006, 08:52 PM
SOAD:

A.D.D
IEAIAIO (i think)
Sugar
36 (short)

Linkin Park:

Hit the Floor
Hi Voltage (reanimation)

You like them?

Ansatsu
Feb 2, 2006, 05:33 PM
bubbles by soad is good too. cant overlook chic 'n' stu either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pizza.gif

zwandude15
Feb 3, 2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the suggestions,

I appreciate the techno especially,

and once again, more SOAD. =] They're quite popular.

Any more suggestions are welcome, once again!

AUTO_
Feb 4, 2006, 01:25 AM
I'll just select the first 10 songs that show up in my 60 gigs of my Ipod's shuffle for you to see if you'd like to check them out:

Queens of the Stone Age - "No One Knows"
Odd this was the first song to come up--I'm assuming you've heard it, but nonetheless I would say it would get the job done for PSO.

Led Zeppelin - "Communication Breakdown"
Great song, but I'm not sure it fits into the PSO mold to well. But, if you haven't heard this song or aren't familiar with Zeppelin you're doing yourself an injustice and should get this song anyways.

Tortoise - "Everglade"
Tortoise is perfect music for PSO--it's instrumental music, experimental with really simple melodies. You could throw this song between the PSO soundtrack and it would blend seamlessly.

Norma Jean - "Coffinspire"
If you wanted to get the blood flowing this is the place to do it, I guess. They play hardcore music--if you said you liked Slipknot you'll probably like this.

Binary Star - "KGB"
Rap/Hip-Hop. I'm glad this song came up, not only because it's one of my faves on the album, but because this album is still a free legal download off their labels site (album misprint made them decide to just give it away for free)...it's really to bad they broke up. Whole album is just great.

Click on "KGB" to d/l it...but for your own good get the entire album. (http://www.subterraneousrecords.com/motu.html)

Portishead - "Western Eyes"
Portishead fits well for PSO too, delicate female vocals...worth checking out for PSO or not.

Thelonious Monk & John Coltrane At Carnegie Hall - "Blue Monk"
Jazz--this song in particular is really chill, and works great for PSO for casual levelling/hanging around in the lobby.

Mew - "Chinaberry Tree"
Mew is really great...just take my word for it and look into their latest album (And The Glass Handed Kites) that this song is on.

Tears Fall Red - "Hammer Time (demo)"
Not a ploy to pimp out the band my brother drums in...this is a demo without vocals to their next album. You can listen to this demo here...I have it hosted. They play hardcore music but it's not really evident on this song (without vocals recorded).

Hammer Time (http://webzoom.freewebs.com/doflegends2/AHammerTime.mp3)

ISIS - "Grinning Mouths"
Progressive music at its finest...fits great with PSO . Check out their albums--Panoptication is the album this song is from.

darthsaber9x9
Feb 4, 2006, 10:09 AM
Check out porcupine tree. They're kind of experimental metal, very very good. Also check out Machinae Supremacy. If you go to their site (www.machinaesupremacy.com) then you can freely download 30-something tracks. They call themselves SID metal, and it's just an awesome mix of video games and metal. Everyone here would do themselves good to check them out.

GreenArcher
Feb 4, 2006, 01:12 PM
Rage Against The Machine...just about any song will keep your energy level high http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif, Chevelle can do that too.

Alucard_Zer0
Feb 4, 2006, 01:46 PM
ANYTHING by ferry Corsten, maybe some Benny Benassi(the people who brought you that "untill i can get my Satisfaction" song). Brainbug, BT, Combichrist,DJ Icey, SITD, heimataerde (might be hard to find), Icon Of Coil ,Hot butter,Imperative Reaction

AUTO_
Feb 4, 2006, 06:28 PM
On 2006-02-04 07:09, darthsaber9x9 wrote:
Check out porcupine tree. They're kind of experimental metal, very very good. Also check out Machinae Supremacy. If you go to their site (www.machinaesupremacy.com) then you can freely download 30-something tracks. They call themselves SID metal, and it's just an awesome mix of video games and metal. Everyone here would do themselves good to check them out.

Yes, Porcupine Tree works well with PSO. A good suggestion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif