PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Favorite PSO ver.

trueprophecy
Jan 26, 2006, 11:08 PM
say why and what you voted for please.

I vote GameCube. Endless offline play with my naberhood friends.

zwandude15
Jan 26, 2006, 11:59 PM
I reside with GC personally. Besides, I was first introduced to the great game there too. Its got my vote =]

Zantra
Jan 27, 2006, 12:05 AM
Gamecube all the way...

PJ
Jan 27, 2006, 12:14 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Episode 4 is probably my favourite Episode of PSO.

But BB does not get my vote, for a few reasons.

-Need razzle dazzle awesome computer for the graphics to look better (Sure, it runs fine on my computer, but Ep1 and 2 just look... not as good, might be because it's an XBox port)

-Need to buy some joypad that doesn't work as well as a GC controller (Yeah, could buy an adaptor for that probably, but still, more buying)

-Worst community I've ever seen on PSO

-Only 4 characters, sorry, but there are more than 4 character classes (And having to choose? Well, I'd end up with a FOmar, HUmar, RAcast and FOnewm, so I'd miss out on all female exclusive items)

AxelgearVII
Jan 27, 2006, 12:25 AM
Blue Burst in terms of gameplay gets my vote. Its community is shit though.

Gamecube gets my vote in terms of community, but its gameplay is obsolete.

Skorpius
Jan 27, 2006, 12:30 AM
Both games have the same exact gameplay as they're both the same exact game. >_>

You also don't NEED a pad, as I (and several other players) use the keys without any hassle.

Episode 4, in Blue Burst, is fancy, but unneeded. I often see players using the same old standard equipment anyway, it's just a new area to play in.

Episode 3, actually, is my favorite, but I'll vote GC.

trypticon
Jan 27, 2006, 12:31 AM
Gamecube gets my vote because it's the only version of PSO I've ever played, and likely ever will play.

Not to mention, my accomplishments there, while only being accomplishments on a video game, made me feel good about myself for a little while when nothing else seemed to be going right at all.

AxelgearVII
Jan 27, 2006, 12:33 AM
On 2006-01-26 21:30, Skorpius wrote:
Both games have the same exact gameplay as they're both the same exact game. >_>

Its not the EXACT same. There are key differences that make Blue Burst better than Gamecube. Just agree with me Skorp -_- dont make me start listing things.

Inazuma
Jan 27, 2006, 01:22 AM
well, this is pretty easy. psobb jp ver is the only pso thats not ruined by its own players.

Skorpius
Jan 27, 2006, 01:28 AM
On 2006-01-26 21:33, AxelgearVIII wrote:
Its not the EXACT same. There are key differences that make Blue Burst better than Gamecube. Just agree with me Skorp -_- dont make me start listing things.

The gameplay is exactly the same. It's like saying GTA:SA has different gaemeplay than GTA:3 >_>

biggabertha
Jan 27, 2006, 07:02 AM
PSO : GC Only because of the 'easier' to get items than on DC. And because my DC broke and I can't use my character anymore.... Also, PSO:GC can let you have LOADS of characters, perfect for when you want to mess around or have one of every character and ID there is... Playing as them beyond Lv 50 however..... is an entirely different story...

xxTrystanxx
Jan 27, 2006, 07:13 AM
I only have PSO for Xbox, so I picked that.

ulyoth
Jan 27, 2006, 08:34 AM
Gamecube,
-My first online game
-Got to Lv 200
-Got all the weapons i could possibly want
I also really enjoyed Episode 3 aswell, but after all my friends went back to ep1&2, i ended up just endlessly doing tournaments with milly...
BB im trying to get back into, but with the Keyboard and the fact ive done it all before...its my least favourite of the two.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ulyoth on 2006-01-27 05:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ulyoth on 2006-01-27 05:37 ]</font>

metatime
Jan 27, 2006, 10:32 AM

On 2006-01-26 21:30, Skorpius wrote:

Since I don't play BB I would personally like to see the list of gameplay changes in BB out of curiosity. I remember stuff like you can't do S/D on some enemies, and you have to run behind enemies or guns don't work on some enemies.

BTW I know this is late and a bit off topic but congrats on your 200, lol =P

Brownski
Jan 27, 2006, 10:32 AM
Gamecube, no doubt.

Although Blue Burst is essentially the same game, with more features, it seems to lack so many of the Gamecube versions charms.

Firstly, Blue Burst is on PC http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Therefore, I can't enjoy its full potential due to my PC's limited capabilites.

The Blue Burst community has been very welcoming so far, but it has no equivalent of, say Alcyone 6 or Mintaka - where you could find a game if none of your friends were online. Then you could proceed to chat away happily, using word select.

I don't really seem to care much about the upcoming quests on Blue Burst either, I remember almost wetting my pants waiting for PW4 on GC though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif The BB community is looking forward to "A Dangerous Deal With Black Paper" over anything else, which imo is going to be a cheap-o-fest.

As for cheating, I have personally been bothered by it to a greater extent on BB than I was on GC. Duping was easy on GC, so it was easy to spot a dupe user. The same can't be said for BB though. BB cheats are sneaks

Finally, and most importantly, the GC and Xbox versions are, unarguably, the most balanced versions of PSO. The Dreamcast had ridiculous drop rates (among other problems), and Blue Burst has ridiculously powerful rares, which are rather easy to obtain -Excalibur, Daylight Scar anyone ?- GC/Xbox sits comfortably in the middle.

I might seem like I'm bashing Blue Burst, but I really do enjoy it- its just not GC.

Brownski
Jan 27, 2006, 10:35 AM
On 2006-01-27 07:32, metatime wrote: I remember stuff like you can't do S/D on some enemies,

Thats probably a good thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

slayer_1327
Jan 27, 2006, 10:35 AM
I voted 4 XB cause thats what I play on as of now, I may go to BB later cause I like the scenery on ep4(except the cactusesXo)

AxelgearVII
Jan 27, 2006, 12:25 PM
On 2006-01-26 22:28, Skorpius wrote:

The gameplay is exactly the same. It's like saying GTA:SA has different gaemeplay than GTA:3 >_>

Maybe Im using the wrong word. Replace the word "gameplay" with "content".

Shar
Jan 27, 2006, 12:43 PM
Gamecube most definately. I enjoyed PSO the most on that console. And that's 'nuff said for me.

haruna
Jan 28, 2006, 05:12 PM
Xbox. The voice chat really really spoiled me.
I've played quite a few versions too:
DCv1, DCv2, GC USA, GC1&2+(jp), Xbox US and Blue Burst.
I know you can easily use Teamspeak or whatever, but the Xbox version saves you the trouble of adding unfamiliar people or paying for the additional service.

Voice chat really helps on action oriented games like PSO.

Polly
Jan 28, 2006, 06:27 PM
I'm going with Dreamcast version 1. I've enjoyed every version of PSO everytime I've played it (which has been on literally every iteration), but I think it's the first experience with new areas and bosses, that first level 100, and remembering a time when a lowly Double Saber used to be the hottest commodity and Meseta was actually traded for items between players.

But some say I'm just a sentimental sap :P

trx1
Jan 28, 2006, 07:03 PM
im used to the DC version myself. played the GC version, red items were too easy to get...want to know what this "blueburst" is..?

Farrmark
Jan 28, 2006, 07:18 PM
Only played the GC version, so I'll vite for that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

YaLyn
Jan 28, 2006, 07:46 PM
The only thing I go with is GC.

Zos
Feb 1, 2006, 08:27 AM
its xbox pso all the way, improved graphics from gamecube and enough room for 48 characters.

Mewn
Feb 1, 2006, 09:08 AM
BB. The community is crap and it's not getting better (one of the reasons why I quit), but it was the only PSO I've gotten online with so for me it was good as it's gonna get.

Plus it did look quite good on my PC (<3 Seabed even with that horrible EXP loss) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

GC has some nice elements to it - namely the ability to play when my internet connection is down, and the fact that BB's four characters are rather limiting.

Episode 4 was... er.. nice enough, I suppose. I can't really complain since it was free for US BB, but at the same time it is sloppy and I get the feeling that is was left pretty unfinished, or that it was a half-ass effort to begin with. I wouldn't have paid for it like the Japanese players did.

So close, but online just makes BB pip GC.

Saffran
Feb 1, 2006, 10:58 AM
Well, Blue Burst for me. I've played DC and BB, and in the end Blue Burst wins - because I have a more or less secure internet line.
I'm guessing the whole Offline experience makes GC and Xbox enjoyable, but my best times were online...

ssl118
Feb 1, 2006, 09:40 PM
XBOX for me. I love the voice and I love playing offline too. I would consider PSO Plus for GC but I think I'll mostly stick with PSOX until Universe comes out.

DragonHybryd
Feb 1, 2006, 11:49 PM
GC why? Offline multi. and first introduced to it on it.

Tkinc
Feb 2, 2006, 12:29 AM
Hehe, I'm training 2 characters to 200 at the same time and have 2-3 more that are available to use in hard (20-30). I must say I still prefer GC than BB for all the reasons mentioned above- and I may mention, it doesn't feel as comfortable as it does on the GCN with my Bro

gokruel
Feb 2, 2006, 04:48 AM
It has to be the Cube nothin else for me

Blitzkommando
Feb 2, 2006, 03:53 PM
I rather enjoyed my GameCube foray into PSO. Like many others, it was my first. But, I also had a number of very good groups that I would play with. I met a large number of people, some whom I couldn't stand to be around, others that were always a blast to be around. While I never met some of my ultimate goals online, I still have a chance at them offline.

Really though, with GameCube, I started out with offline multiplayer. It was a rather 'eventful' part of my life which I used PSO as a way to get away from life. It worked, albeit a bit too well, but in the long run the people showed me a number of things I won't forget.

After quitting GC and moving to BB, it just... Well, I had grown tired of PSO really. The people that I really enjoyed playing with on GC don't play BB, or GC anymore for that matter. While I know there are some great people on BB, somewhere, I also realize the importance of teamplay now. And often times, I would rather not have anything to do with people on the teams simply because I could really care less about those people. I liked the whole 'free roam' and, I suppose, 'hired hand' feel that GC had. While true GC played heavily on the importance of teams, like all PSO games, it wasn't a set group team. That aspect of the gameplay, even with such bonuses like Team Chat, is what turned me away from BB.

trueprophecy
Feb 3, 2006, 06:14 PM
i see gamecube is very popular.

Tomoki
Feb 3, 2006, 06:26 PM
JPBB~

Deathwalk28
Feb 4, 2006, 08:28 AM
I vote X-Box PSO, not by much though... With my experiences with EP3, I'm tempted to say GC, but there's so many more slots with X-Box.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I fins it strange that GBA is on this list... There is no PSO on GBA. If it were the greatest Phantasy Star represented on a system, GBA would win because of the fact that it has two of the greatest PS'es on the system....

KNOW YOUR OLDSCHOOL!

shinobu_seta
Feb 4, 2006, 12:37 PM
I voted GC. I'm playing BB right now and enjoying myself, but like someone said above, the community is just shit. I know people are mean online, but I've never seen a bigger collection of ass holes on one game.

I really miss my gamecube friends and the times before FSOD went rampant. Plus I can enjoy some offline play too.

Episode 4 was a nice addition, but provided some way over powered items that were too easy to get. Plus hitting 200 doesn't seem as meaningful since it gives so much experience.

DevinTre
Feb 4, 2006, 12:48 PM
Are ya kidding me?! GC of course! n.n BB is okay, but it's too slow and awkward on my, well, what used to be my laptop. -_- The GBA games are nice, too, but I've made so many good friends and thoroughly enjoy a good game of 'Cube PSO. =D

And if Shinobu doesn't mind my saying ... thanks for introducing me to the game. We miss you, too! You and Presea will have to come back as soon as possible. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I never really had a chance to play with either of you guys much, especially Presea, so I hope we get to before PSU comes out. Especially now that I'm ult, heheh. =n.n=

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DevinTre on 2006-02-04 09:50 ]</font>