PDA

View Full Version : Better than I had hoped possible.

Blitzkommando
Jan 28, 2006, 12:08 AM
I've been playing around with my new PC recently, seeing just how high the ceiling is for overclocking, and with a bit of card stacking in the form of multipliers I was able to hit 240MHz x 10 versus the standard 200MHz x 11. Now, I realize that isn't too terribly impressive, but I am extremely pleased at how stable, and cool, it is staying with standard components. I suppose it should be noted I am still using the standard heatsink and fan and some less-expensive RAM for this.

I hit the upper limit of maximum processor and maximum RAM with the 240x10 as expected. Also as expected 260x10 crashed. I did the overclocking via ASUS AiBooster. The RAM in question is 4x512MB Patriot Low Latency (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220006) sticks. I'm using an AMD Athlon 64X2 4400+ on the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium motherboard. The auto overclocking feature gives rather similar results with 220x11.

I guess, I'm a bit curious to hear what others have been able to do with standard equipment 'on air'. What have been your results with overclocking?

VioletSkye
Jan 28, 2006, 01:24 AM
I've hit the 300+ mark running 2gigs of DDR in dual channel and it was stable. I don't remember what it did to the voltage. Forgot to add, I believe I was using a multiplier of 10. I sold that pc so I can't doublecheck it. I know people who run 350+ at a x9 and are stable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-01-27 22:31 ]</font>