PDA

View Full Version : Darn Ipod shuffle

InfinityXXX
Jan 28, 2006, 10:33 PM
*In order to get this rant one must be familiar with the Ipod and Itunes stuff.*

I've had my I pod shuffle for a while and Its been really fun until recently.

Thursday night, I put my I-pod shuffle in my computer to charge and I went to take my nightly shower and then went to bed. The next morning I noticed that my Itunes window wasn't open(when I put the ipod in, itunes pops up automatically). I went to school with it and then when I tried to use it, the light started blinking yellow(error).

What had happened more than likely, was that someone got on the computer that night and closed Itunes w/o disconnecting the ipod and when this occurs the files corrupt so thats what I figured has happened.

I looked in the book and it told me to download the latest ipod updater and version of itunes and I did that but every time I tried to use the updater it froze up. Sooooooooo, I called apple for help and the man had me do everything I had just did again and then once I finished downloading the I-pod updater he said "after you finish downloading the ipod updater try using it and if that doesn't work call tommorow"

The thing is, is that it didn't work AND if I call today I'll be CHARGED.

I've tried everything with that damn i-pod and nothing works. I tunes don't even recognize it and anytime I use the updater or try to mess with it through the Windows it freezes up.

*sigh* I really liked my ipod but I guess I'll just buy me another mp3 player or somethin'. You would think apple would make a little mistake like this so much simpler...

Link00seven
Jan 29, 2006, 12:01 AM
Hmm...sounds like something got corrupted in the file system. I was lucky and my iPod was under warrenty, but I had the same problem.

Do you have access to a Mac? If so, try formatting it on that and see if it works. If it does, go back to your PC and restore it on that.

Otherwise try going to http://www.ilounge.com and seeing if they have a fix for you.

Here's an article that is designed for the 4th Gen, but since it sounds like you have a simular problem, i'd read it and see if you can try that.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=288180&tstart=0

Hope it helps some. Good luck with that iPod Shuffle!

InfinityXXX
Jan 29, 2006, 01:52 PM
Hey thanks a lot man. I'll look into it.

Dek
Jan 29, 2006, 04:44 PM
Don't worry. I had the same problem...

Flashing Green and Yellow light. Won't play music. My Computer, iTunes, and the Updater won't recognize it.

Apparently, it had something to do with either the Updater from October 17th (v. 1.2 software) or from iTunes 6.0.1.

Best thing you can do is go to the Apple store (or use one of their Online replacement programs) and get a replacement. If it's still under the Limited warranty, the replacement should be free of charge...

Charmander02
Jan 31, 2006, 01:00 PM
I pods are the devil! well not really its just every ipod seems to have problems like with the nano scratching too easy ect. but meh, what can you do?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 31, 2006, 07:38 PM
On 2006-01-31 10:00, Charmander02 wrote:
I pods are the devil! well not really its just every ipod seems to have problems like with the nano scratching too easy ect. but meh, what can you do?

They could have done that on purpose to make people buy more or to buy a case.

Hope the Shuffle gets fixed in a timely manner, and the part about calling back would result in charges seems pretty fishy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Dek
Jan 31, 2006, 08:42 PM
On 2006-01-31 16:38, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
They could have done that on purpose to make people buy more or to buy a case.
Forgive me if this sounds too fanboy-ish, but I doubt that is the case...

Every Computer-related company has to deal with major software/hardware issues at least once in their existance. This (as well as the Nano screen) is just one of them. This was a problem within either iTunes 6.0.1 or iPod Shuffle software v1.2. Regardless of what happened, Apple noted the problem and released a fix to it (software v1.3)

Hope the Shuffle gets fixed in a timely manner, and the part about calling back would result in charges seems pretty fishy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

The phone call isue does seem a bit fishy. However, as mentioned in the fine print, the Shuffle has a Limted Warranty of one year. If he puchased it within the given year (2005-2006), he can get a free replacement...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arthas_Zero on 2006-01-31 17:42 ]</font>