PDA

View Full Version : GC: online

trueprophecy
Jan 29, 2006, 12:23 AM
ok i want to get back online for the gamecube and i need help getting online.

i currently use cox high speed internet and never played online for the gamecube. i only played online on blue burst.

anyway ive been on offline since the day it was out on gamecube.

someone please post or messege me on aim at trueprophecy757 to help me set it up with the wires and get online. i lost my dumb manual.

VioletSkye
Jan 29, 2006, 01:13 PM
On 2006-01-28 21:23, trueprophecy wrote:

i currently use cox high speed internet and never played online for the gamecube. i only played online on blue burst.

someone please post or messege me on aim at trueprophecy757 to help me set it up with the wires and get online. i lost my dumb manual.

You will need a BBA (broadband adapter) and an ethernet cable to go from either the cable modem to the BBA or a router to the BBA. You will also need to purchase a Hunter's License. Whether you use just the modem or a router shouldn't make a difference in the setup. In the NETWORK OPTIONS for PSO, leave everything set to automatic and leave the proxy fields blank.

Connect the ethernet cable to the BBA, turn on your GC and then powercycle the modem and/or router. If you have just a modem, then unplug the power cord from it for a few seconds(while the GC is turned on) then plug it back in and let it resync. Cox's DHCP server will assign it an IP address and you should be all set. If you haven't purchased a HL yet then select WEBSITE from within PSO to make sure you are online and buy one.

If you are using a router, then instead of powercycling the modem, powercycle the router instead (making sure the GC is turned on) and follow the same steps as above. Cable is usually a snap to use in getting online.

trueprophecy
Jan 29, 2006, 11:17 PM
On 2006-01-29 10:13, VioletSkye wrote:

On 2006-01-28 21:23, trueprophecy wrote:

You will need a BBA (broadband adapter) and an ethernet cable to go from either the cable modem to the BBA or a router to the BBA. You will also need to purchase a Hunter's License. Whether you use just the modem or a router shouldn't make a difference in the setup. In the NETWORK OPTIONS for PSO, leave everything set to automatic and leave the proxy fields blank.

Connect the ethernet cable to the BBA, turn on your GC and then powercycle the modem and/or router. If you have just a modem, then unplug the power cord from it for a few seconds(while the GC is turned on) then plug it back in and let it resync. Cox's DHCP server will assign it an IP address and you should be all set. If you haven't purchased a HL yet then select WEBSITE from within PSO to make sure you are online and buy one.

If you are using a router, then instead of powercycling the modem, powercycle the router instead (making sure the GC is turned on) and follow the same steps as above. Cable is usually a snap to use in getting online.

i did that exactly and when i try and go online it says error 018 connection attemp failed over and over.

also when i click website and put all the things auto and nothing on other stuff it says cannot find the URL. please help.

metatime
Jan 30, 2006, 05:42 PM
Try using a brand new memory card and try going online with that. If that works try erasing your network files on that new memory card to make sure if it doesn't erase your file (I don't know if it does or not so I'm writing to make sure.) Then after try erasing the network files from your original memory card.

In the end, if that doesn't work, then its probably your isp or your network hardware.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-01-30 14:43 ]</font>

trueprophecy
Feb 6, 2006, 05:30 PM
->