PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite music artist.

Ness
Sep 20, 2002, 06:21 AM
Who's you favorite recording artist or band?

I like Avril Lavigne. She's the Canadian artist that brought us songs such as "Sk8ter Boi" and "Complicated". Not only that but she's freaken hot too and only 2 years older than me.....

Here's her music video for "Sk8ter Boi" if you haven't heard her music.

Click here (http://music.msn.com/Artist/?artist=244302)

gunome
Sep 20, 2002, 08:52 AM
Modest Mouse and ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead are the best babds ever....EVER!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
indie rock is soooooo great! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Davion
Sep 20, 2002, 09:09 AM
Honestly, I like Barry Manilow. But I don't really have a favorite single artist. As for my favorite band, they'd be Chicago, and P.O.D.

ABDUR101
Sep 20, 2002, 09:24 AM
Sorry, no fav here either.

But I like:
Alkaline Trio
At the Drive-In
Dir en Grey
Ayumi Hamasaki
Hayami Sho
Gackt
Tool
Yoko Kanno
Seiko Matsuda
Suede
X-Japan
Shonen Knife

And quite afew anime songs which their band names elude me.

neko-chan
Sep 20, 2002, 09:54 AM
I guess I have too many favorites... but... if I have to spit out a name, just one, I'd say David Bowie...

Or Frank Zappa?

Or Ryuichi Sakamoto?

Or the Beatles?

Feck, I'm confused... I'll come back later with a name, AND JUST ONE >_>;;;

Deathscythealpha
Sep 20, 2002, 11:12 AM
At the minute, its the band Feeder. Ive been listening to their Echo Park album over and over recently. And htere new album is out next month! Which is very cool.

*puts 'Just a Day' back on*

Kid_Icarus
Sep 20, 2002, 12:02 PM
Nirvana, TOOL, and Travis

Nidarrock
Sep 20, 2002, 12:18 PM
James Horner, John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith. To name a few. I know their composers but I don't listen too much to "regular" music.

Alielle
Sep 20, 2002, 12:27 PM
Yeah, Avril's a cutie. Too bad she's a Hot Topic version of Britney. ;_; Kinda ironic.

Anyway, I really like... uh, a lot of artists, and I have too many favorites to list. As far as "most albums I have by a single artist," that would be Rush, Yes, Built to Spill, and Yoko Kanno (2 Macross Plus soundtracks plus the Sharon Apple single). That isn't really fair to the others who only have two or three albums, though. Eheh.

Shigecki
Sep 20, 2002, 12:44 PM
My favorite is the best live band ever, The Dave Matthews Band, they just jam for about two to three hours staight, and about three encores. Check them out kids, you'll become a fan too.

BlackRose
Sep 20, 2002, 01:07 PM
For a single artist, probably Leo Kottke.

For a band... TOOL, Metallica, Liquid Tension Experiment.

Kent
Sep 20, 2002, 02:15 PM
Aerosmith and Metallica. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Sep 20, 2002, 09:52 PM
Right now its Utada Hikaru. Her songs and upbeat rhythm is sooooooo catchy. I'm loving Sakura Drops and Hikari right now.

RavenTW
Sep 20, 2002, 09:58 PM
Weird Al Yankovich
Barry Manilow
Linkin Park
A few songs of Sum 41 (Like "In too deep")
And a few Creed songs ("Higher" and "My Sacrifice")

Guile
Sep 21, 2002, 02:01 PM
I like too many to just name one but a couple of my favs off the top of my head are
Radiohead
Bob Marley
Dilated Peoples
Outkast
The Strokes
and Black Star

Ness
Sep 21, 2002, 02:39 PM
On 2002-09-20 10:27, Alielle wrote:
Yeah, Avril's a cutie. Too bad she's a Hot Topic version of Britney. ;_; Kinda ironic.

Anyway, I really like... uh, a lot of artists, and I have too many favorites to list. As far as "most albums I have by a single artist," that would be Rush, Yes, Built to Spill, and Yoko Kanno (2 Macross Plus soundtracks plus the Sharon Apple single). That isn't really fair to the others who only have two or three albums, though. Eheh.

What do you mean by Hot Topic?

merlin
Sep 21, 2002, 03:58 PM
A band called Dream Theater, if I had to pick just one to listen to for the rest of time.

I really don't listen to any music. I listen to game soundtracks ALL DAY at work...lol. I do a lot of posting and working while Madden 2003 runs in the background.

ABDUR101
Sep 21, 2002, 04:21 PM
On 2002-09-21 12:39, Ness wrote:
What do you mean by Hot Topic?

Hot Topic is a store that has certain kinds of clothes, like the girl they are talking about wears. So she's the style of Hot Topic(in manner of dress and her image she sets off when she sings) as opposed to Britney's self-image.

jello44
Sep 22, 2002, 09:38 PM
To reiterate what Abdur said, Hot Topic is basically a goth/punk/raver type store. They sell clothing, hair dye, chokers, etc.

Bands as follows in no particular order:

Weezer
Green Day
BNL
Led Zepplin
Cake
Incubus
And others ranging from like 1960-present.