PDA

View Full Version : english setting?

shinkucheese
Jan 29, 2006, 07:25 PM
do you think that the japanese version of psu for the pc will have an english setting?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shinkucheese on 2006-01-29 18:32 ]</font>

Dre_o
Jan 29, 2006, 07:30 PM
we don't know this yet. and I don't think it will, cause THAT WOULD MAKE NO SENSE SAYING THAT THE US RELEASE DATE HAS BEEN PUSHED BACK. or so we have been told.

rena-ko
Jan 29, 2006, 07:31 PM
if they come around having it translated until its release, yes. if not it will be like the japanese PSO Ep3.

-> time (and someone who'll import it) will tell

Tystys
Jan 29, 2006, 07:31 PM
If it does have an english setting, some heads are gonna roll.

YaLyn
Jan 29, 2006, 08:04 PM
hmmm
-english mode
-and subtitle for the cut scenes

:GOOD

XredX
Jan 29, 2006, 08:40 PM
On 2006-01-29 17:04, YaLyn wrote:
hmmm
-english mode
-and subtitle for the cut scenes

:GOOD

That would be great i would buy the PS2jp system-game my PC Sucks >.>

shinkucheese
Jan 30, 2006, 12:27 AM
yeah maybe if were lucky it will be like the old pso's on the dc and gc and have all the languages from the start! not like its hard to do or anything.

DeathMachine
Jan 30, 2006, 12:43 AM
But that would make it easy for Americans to get their hands on it. We all know Japan isn't one for sharing games. We only get 'hand-me-downs' from them.

XredX
Jan 30, 2006, 12:35 PM
On 2006-01-29 21:43, DeathMachine wrote:
But that would make it easy for Americans to get their hands on it. We all know Japan isn't one for sharing games. We only get 'hand-me-downs' from them.

LOL so true

Kano-Okami
Jan 30, 2006, 01:01 PM
For asmuch time thats been spent on this game, I really doubt it wouldn't support english along with other languages. The only problem I could see is, it may not have the voice-over work completed so it might have subtitling..maybe..

Mewn
Jan 30, 2006, 01:11 PM
On 2006-01-30 10:01, Kano-Okami wrote:
For asmuch time thats been spent on this game, I really doubt it wouldn't support english along with other languages. The only problem I could see is, it may not have the voice-over work completed so it might have subtitling..maybe..

I wouldn't see that as a problem at all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And, I suppose it could go either way at the moment. There's hints and theories for both sides at the moment... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'll play it in Japanese if I have to, but I am of course fervently hoping for an English text option.

Nash
Jan 30, 2006, 02:07 PM
Unfortunately we probably won't know till March 30th. I think it will come down to this:

If they intend to have international play again, then it's likely to have multiple language options like PSO and Episode I&II. They'd need to have that in place to be able to playtest it properly. If this is the case then the delay is probably down to the English voice-acting, implementing SegaLink in the West and/or SOA deciding Fall would be a better time for sales.

If they've decided to keep the JP/US/EU regions separate, then I think they'll be no English option and the delay is probably down to fully translating the game as well as doing the voice-acting.

So on the one hand I'd like there to be international play so we get an English option in the Japanese release, and can play with different countries again. But at the same time international play could spoil the US/EU releases if the Japanese are 6 months or a year ahead. I wish they'd got their act together and released at roughly the same time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2006-01-30 11:14 ]</font>

coomdoom
Jan 30, 2006, 02:45 PM
I would be suprised if Sega & ST in US got their act together in the next 2 years or so.