PDA

View Full Version : Question about Photoshop CS2

CupOfCoffee
Jan 30, 2006, 10:58 PM
Aloha, all. I recently bought Adobe Creative Suite 2, which as you may or may not be aware, is Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, GoLive, Acrobate, Bridge, and Cue. Anyway, before that, I had Paint Shop Pro 9, and all my files are still associated with it. It's not that I can't work around this; it's just annoying to open a picture and instead of having it go right to Photoshop, it goes to PSP.

Does anyone know of a way to mess with your file associations within Photoshop CS2? I screwed around in preferences for a while and couldn't find anything.

VioletSkye
Jan 30, 2006, 11:29 PM
I would go into Folder Options and change it from there. Open up something like My Documents, select Tools and click on Folder Options. Go to file types and change it so that PS2 opens those types of file extensions instead of PSP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-01-30 20:30 ]</font>

CupOfCoffee
Jan 30, 2006, 11:51 PM
Awesome! Thanks, Violet.

Ha, learn something new every day. I guess I have quite a ways to go until I'm a certified computer whiz.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 31, 2006, 12:24 AM
I like to drag 'n' drop pictures into photoshop, personally.

CupOfCoffee
Jan 31, 2006, 12:44 AM
I'd be all over that if I had a Mac, but I'm running Windows. Without that handy dock, I'm stuck opening things the old fashioned way... but that's alright. Macs have more trouble running most of the other programs I couldn't live without. =P