PDA

View Full Version : If pokemon were real...

washuguy
Jan 31, 2006, 09:40 PM
Imagine a our word inhabited by all types of trainable, supernatural creatures...AWESOME!

Kent
Jan 31, 2006, 10:58 PM
Raichu 0wns.

I want one. They look snuggly. >_>

roygbiv
Jan 31, 2006, 11:06 PM
Actually the more I think about fantasy and what not, the more I am happy that the universe is as strange as it is and not more so.

Dre_o
Jan 31, 2006, 11:24 PM
On 2006-01-31 20:06, roygbiv wrote:
Actually the more I think about fantasy and what not, the more I am happy that the universe is as strange as it is and not more so.

He has a good point, but I would still have loved to leave my home when I was fourteen and returned a champion. That....would rock.

EphekZ
Jan 31, 2006, 11:55 PM
On 2006-01-31 20:24, Dre_o wrote:

On 2006-01-31 20:06, roygbiv wrote:

He has a good point, but I would still have loved to leave my home when I was fourteen and returned a champion. That....would rock.

a champion of making cute furry things beat the crap outof other cute furry things? thats a nice...thing... on topic I think I would want a pichu or something...yea

WashuSaotome
Feb 1, 2006, 12:01 AM
>.> I'd *so* start up a Team Rocket-esque faction.

*Brings back the WTSA*

I can dream.

Kent
Feb 1, 2006, 12:18 AM
Umbreon kinda reminds me of one of my cats. I want one around my house. :/

Skuda
Feb 1, 2006, 12:22 AM
if pokemon were real, people would exploit their powers, and blow stuff up.

in that case, team rocket would win.

Zelutos
Feb 1, 2006, 12:55 AM
On 2006-01-31 21:01, WashuSaotome wrote:
>.> I'd *so* start up a Team Rocket-esque faction.

*Brings back the WTSA*

I can dream.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif can i be part of your Team Rocket-esque faction??

Do we get kinda cool uniforms?? Oh! Oh! Do we get to make up snappy battle song thingies???

WashuSaotome
Feb 1, 2006, 12:58 AM
The WTSA has uniforms, and everyone can make up their own wacky theme songs...

However, there will be some set rules to follow.

1) In Kiwi we trust.

2) Let Saotome rule stuff, and everything will be a-ok.

3) NO senseless stupidity. We don't want to be TOO much like Team Rocket.

(And so the Washu Tanooki Saotome Alliance begins yet again, and a Dewgong decides to eat my left hand's thumb.)

Blitzkommando
Feb 1, 2006, 12:36 PM
On 2006-01-31 21:22, Scott_Kuda wrote:
if pokemon were real, people would exploit their powers, and blow stuff up.

in that case, team rocket would win.

Nah, people would beat the crap out of them when they start the monologues.

Dek
Feb 1, 2006, 12:51 PM
On 2006-01-31 21:58, WashuSaotome wrote:
(And so the Washu Tanooki Saotome Alliance begins yet again, and a Dewgong decides to eat my left hand's thumb.)

Shoot it.

Anyways, if Pokemon were real, I would start finding a Phanpy ASAP

TheOneHero
Feb 1, 2006, 12:59 PM
Give white Vulpix, please.

Ah well, too bad it won't happen.

That's why we have the RP thread. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif (Speaking of which, we should totally do another one.) >_>;

washuguy
Feb 1, 2006, 07:57 PM

1) In Kiwi we trust.

Al I need is blastoise,and all of the USA would be ours to do as we please.If that happens, I just want a nice comfy chair,A tv,pop corn,someone to share it with,and free cable!(Who is Kiwi?Sounds exotic!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: washuguy on 2006-02-01 16:58 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: washuguy on 2006-02-01 16:59 ]</font>

DavidNel
Feb 1, 2006, 08:04 PM
Some weird person would try crossbreading.... EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Whait do pokemon even.... How....Why...WTF!!

Firocket1690
Feb 1, 2006, 10:18 PM
On 2006-02-01 17:04, DavidNel wrote:
Some weird person would try crossbreading.... EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Whait do pokemon even.... How....Why...WTF!!

Ya know.
My three main dragons are all third generation bastard children with bred moves, and you can't do a damned thing about it, so nyah.

on topic... if the little critters were real, I'd look for a gengar, espeon, ditto, absol, flygon.. maybe an altaria ~<3

>_>;;

@Kent: What happened to the 2" stuffed pikachu of yours? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2006-02-01 19:18 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
Feb 1, 2006, 10:28 PM
I think that humans would be in serious danger and probably would get crushed under the power of many of the pokemon.

I have a feeling that it would be hard for humans not to get hit by a lot of the electric attacks that some of the pokemon use. Like Zapdos when it spreads bolts around it's body... Or the heat that Moltres or other fire pokemon would give off.

Most of them would also have that realistic look to them, they wouldn't be all cute and cuddly.. Pikachu is a rat type pokemon. Which means it would probably be an ugly yellow rat that spat electric bolts at people -- not fun.

But some of them would probably be fun to have around. Though, I would also think that pokemon would eventually realize that people have no real power over them and travel in groups... Also, if a pokemon was to not do what the trainer told them to it'd probably end up injuring the trainer in some way or another. Disobedience from large animals can end in a catastrophe...

I guess there'd be no harm in having something that didn't know how to attack. But then it wouldn't really help you protect your home, and the size of a lot of the attacks and pokemon would probably damage the surroundings. Like, if a Charizard was to pop up.. It would probably sink it's feet into your yard, then you'd have patches of grass that were smashed in/burned and the neighbors would feel bad for you.

Honestly though, I think it would be rather interesting to see something like pokemon being introduced to this earth... But I am not sure how well it would work out, I too have my favorites and ones that I would wonder about if they were real. I have a feeling Sandshrew would be like an armadillo, I always thought armadillos were cute.

The best part would be if you were able to get your pokemon to a high enough level of friendship that it would trust you and not let you down ever. Then it'd be more like a friend/pet that you could play with or try to communicate with. Maybe teach it how to say it's name, instead of it's species. Like if I named a Meowth Bubblefluff, and it would say "Bubblefluff" as well as "Meowth". Or something.. I dunno. I think I put too much thought into this. :x

washuguy
Feb 1, 2006, 10:39 PM
On 2006-02-01 19:28, Orange_Coconut wrote:
I think that humans would be in serious danger and probably would get crushed under the power of many of the pokemon.

I have a feeling that it would be hard for humans not to get hit by a lot of the electric attacks that some of the pokemon use. Like Zapdos when it spreads bolts around it's body... Or the heat that Moltres or other fire pokemon would give off.

Most of them would also have that realistic look to them, they wouldn't be all cute and cuddly.. Pikachu is a rat type pokemon. Which means it would probably be an ugly yellow rat that spat electric bolts at people -- not fun.

But some of them would probably be fun to have around. Though, I would also think that pokemon would eventually realize that people have no real power over them and travel in groups... Also, if a pokemon was to not do what the trainer told them to it'd probably end up injuring the trainer in some way or another. Disobedience from large animals can end in a catastrophe...

I guess there'd be no harm in having something that didn't know how to attack. But then it wouldn't really help you protect your home, and the size of a lot of the attacks and pokemon would probably damage the surroundings. Like, if a Charizard was to pop up.. It would probably sink it's feet into your yard, then you'd have patches of grass that were smashed in/burned and the neighbors would feel bad for you.

Honestly though, I think it would be rather interesting to see something like pokemon being introduced to this earth... But I am not sure how well it would work out, I too have my favorites and ones that I would wonder about if they were real. I have a feeling Sandshrew would be like an armadillo, I always thought armadillos were cute.

The best part would be if you were able to get your pokemon to a high enough level of friendship that it would trust you and not let you down ever. Then it'd be more like a friend/pet that you could play with or try to communicate with. Maybe teach it how to say it's name, instead of it's species. Like if I named a Meowth Bubblefluff, and it would say "Bubblefluff" as well as "Meowth". Or something.. I dunno. I think I put too much thought into this. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Your thoutful,and hillarious! You had me laughing the whole time! But what about the benifiets though... A water poke like squirtle could make water if your thirsty! No more buying water!

Kent
Feb 1, 2006, 11:50 PM
On 2006-02-01 19:18, Firocket1690 wrote:
@Kent: What happened to the 2" stuffed pikachu of yours? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Didn't have room to take him with me, when I moved up here. :/

Zelutos
Feb 2, 2006, 03:51 AM

1) In Kiwi we trust.

Yes boss! *takes over an ice cream stand and claims it in the name of Saotome*

IN KIWI WE TRUST! *salute and jumps into the bushes and runs away*

Jason
Feb 2, 2006, 12:23 PM
On 2006-02-01 19:28, Orange_Coconut wrote:
Blah blah blah.

You're so negative. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

But you made good points, a Pikachu of its realistic look won't look as cute as its cartoon look. But imagine they all appear with their cartoon look. ;o Won't be too bad.

The technology of Pokeballs! Woo! Catching should be fun then, but if it fails on say, a Charizard... Yeah, you can get toasted unless you're lucky. Catch 'em all with your mom and dad to be safe. Oh yeah, I would test Pokeballs on humans. ;P

Pokemon are generally friendly creatures, and they seem to have a very good understanding with us. I'd love a Lapras that can understand the human language and respond in their unique understandable way more than the other ones which many of them yaps the name of whatever Pokemon they are. Also with a Lapras, who needs a boat? We can ride on a Lapras letting it transport us across water and it can protect us, which a plain boat cannot.

Imagine a Ditto. It transforming into you, you get to wrestle with your twin, and have somebody to play 2-players with. ;D And it can go to school or work for you (unless it doesn't get to have your mind in transformation), letting you stay in and vice versa.

As Pokemon are understandable of us, won't be too hard to train on. I'd love competition on matches with my own team of Pokemon, trying out the gyms, showing off my shiny, shiny badges (if I succeed in defeating the gym leaders).

It can be incredible. We can get to travel for free on them (after lots of training to be safe). With the existance of Pokemon, easier education on learning about them! And with their existance, our Pokemon games will be educational!

In what we realistically have right now, in a way, Pokemon already exist in our planet of Earth. You get to train Pokemon and such in our gameboy games of it in the world of it in it instead of right here on Earth which can be dangerous according to orange coconut's points, and with today's technology, you get to chat to us real people on it wireless and play matches against each other. Holding the almighty Gameboy is holding your team of Pokemon in Pokeballs.

Charmander02
Feb 2, 2006, 05:59 PM
Hehe..guess who my favourite Pokemon is?

Solstis
Feb 2, 2006, 07:33 PM
Imagine a ditto faking that it was a world leader. v.v

Where do squirtles get the water from?

Dre_o
Feb 2, 2006, 07:47 PM
On 2006-02-02 16:33, Solstis wrote:

AN ALTERNATE DIMENSION!!!!!! Nah...I bet what is on their insided is like an ULTRA SUPER sponge, when they go in water, they soak up the h2o. Either that or they are alchemists!! 2 Hydrogen and one oxygen= WATER!!!

FOAtHeart
Feb 2, 2006, 08:08 PM
Whenever the "if Pokemon were real" topic comes up in my conversations I always think of this scenario:

In a world without, say, dogs. I bet people would watch an animated TV with dogs and be like, "Hey, I wish I could have one of those." But in our world we have dogs they are just an ordinary thing. Just in like in world of Pokemon, I guess; Pokemon are just kinda there and not really something so amazing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

[/psuedointellectual]

Dre_o
Feb 2, 2006, 08:14 PM
On 2006-02-02 17:08, FOAtHeart wrote:
Whenever the "if Pokemon were real" topic comes up in my conversations I always think of this scenario:

In a world without, say, dogs. I bet people would watch an animated TV with dogs and be like, "Hey, I wish I could have one of those." But in our world we have dogs they are just an ordinary thing. Just in like in world of Pokemon, I guess; Pokemon are just kinda there and not really something so amazing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

[/psuedointellectual]

True, but you forget, trainers get to leave home and hopefully become legends. Not to say I wouldn't miss my parents, but that would rock in my eyes.

FOAtHeart
Feb 2, 2006, 08:18 PM
On 2006-02-02 17:14, Dre_o wrote:
True, but you forget, trainers get to leave home and hopefully become legends.

Yeah, but how is that kind of legend different than our rockstars, or war heroes? o;

It'd just be another thing is what I'm saying.

washuguy
Feb 2, 2006, 09:27 PM
On 2006-02-02 16:47, Dre_o wrote:

On 2006-02-02 16:33, Solstis wrote:

AN ALTERNATE DIMENSION!!!!!! Nah...I bet what is on their insided is like an ULTRA SUPER sponge, when they go in water, they soak up the h2o. Either that or they are alchemists!! 2 Hydrogen and one oxygen= WATER!!!

Maybe like we have sweat glands,they have water making glands.

Ennie
Feb 3, 2006, 07:28 AM
The water comes from a plothole within their stomachs. >>

I would love to train an Abra, as it would grow and start trusting me and evolve I could make him teleport wherever I wanted!
No more 1-hour-long travelling to school and back! =D
Want to meet my boyfriend who lives in another country? *bwoop* There I am!
Teleporting would really rock! n.n
Oh, and I'd want a Meowth, too. For the simple reason that it collects money around and I'd get rich just by letting it use pay-day repeatedly. XD
What about an electrical Pokmon to stop paying electricity bills? =P
Pokmon would sure make life so much easier.. XD

Firocket1690
Feb 3, 2006, 12:08 PM
Oh, ya.

None of your birds can fly until you beat some large man's leectric rat.
None of your scythers' can cut until you beat Misty.
Your Lapras can't touch water until you defeat a poisonous-ninja-man-thing.

Oh, and caves will be dark until you beat brock http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Scejntjynahl
Feb 3, 2006, 12:20 PM
On 2006-02-01 19:39, washuguy wrote:
Your thoutful,and hillarious! You had me laughing the whole time! But what about the benifiets though... A water poke like squirtle could make water if your thirsty! No more buying water!

Ewww, that is worse than drinking from your dog's water bowl.

I know one thing, animal activists would have a field day with pokemon trainers.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Feb 3, 2006, 03:36 PM
Animal activists we be all OMGZ DONT USE POKEBALLS ON POKEMON THATS MEAN and people would be all STFU NOOBS!.......>_>....But I'd wouldn't mind a Typhlosion, free heat

Solstis
Feb 3, 2006, 03:59 PM
They'd probably be extinct.

GreenArcher
Feb 4, 2006, 01:20 PM
What I've always wondered about Poke'mon, say you've got some guy robbing your house. He has Poke'mon and a gun. You have poke'mon. You find in your house, and the robber's all like "Hey let's duel our Poke'mon instead of me bustin' a cap."

If poke'mon were real, it'd definatly end up like terminator, or the matrix, or something of that level. Poke'mon vs. Humans, round 1, DING!

SorceressofTime
Feb 5, 2006, 02:50 AM
OMFG I want a Skitty! ^W^

katera
Feb 5, 2006, 09:18 AM
Lol, that would be amazing. Truly strange, but amazing.

Everyone likes little Fire breathing dogs, they'll chase away the thieves. X3

Pokmon is great, (Not the horrible Anime show). I want a Gardevoir! :O

And Jirachi is t3h cuteness. :D

WashuSaotome
Feb 5, 2006, 02:43 PM
Pokemon in real life, you sez?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4104414698313466751

Eihwaz
Feb 5, 2006, 03:09 PM
That video is awesome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Scopes
Feb 5, 2006, 04:11 PM
Ya know what I was thinking (yeah, I'm 34, yeah, I watch Pokemon. Got a problem with it? yeah, I can find where you live.), since Pokemon ARE the only animals... For chicken, I guess they eat Pigeys (spell check there? CAN WE GET AN 11 YEAR OLD HERE?!), for crab, crabbies, lobster, yadayada.

AND LOOKIT THE SIZE OF THEM BUGGERS!!! Talk about needing a big flyswatter... >.>

Saiffy
Feb 5, 2006, 04:28 PM
It'd probably be just as FO said, a normal thing. They'd be there, it wouldn't really be that big of a deal.

Even if we somehow created Pokemon, that would take years upon years to do, and we'd see the progress they made towards making Pokemon, so when thousands of them are finally created and put into the world, it wouldn't be a huge deal.

Now if someone generically engineered thousands of them overnight and put them on Earth, we'd probably be surprised. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Flwl3ssCowboy
Feb 7, 2006, 04:03 PM
On 2006-02-04 10:20, Green_Archer3 wrote:
What I've always wondered about Poke'mon, say you've got some guy robbing your house. He has Poke'mon and a gun. You have poke'mon. You find in your house, and the robber's all like "Hey let's duel our Poke'mon instead of me bustin' a cap."

If poke'mon were real, it'd definatly end up like terminator, or the matrix, or something of that level. Poke'mon vs. Humans, round 1, DING!

That's ok, I have my time traveling machine, my random pole and the ability to fly and be all god n' stuff, and most importantly, i can summon KOOL AID MAN!!! OH YEAH!!! cuz we all know that pokemon are afraid of cherry kool aid... or was it blueberry? CRAP!

And I <3 the people who made that video XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2006-02-07 13:11 ]</font>

zwandude15
Feb 7, 2006, 07:42 PM
1) Buy MasterBall

2) Catch Mewtwo

3) PWN J00 4LL!!!

Kent
Feb 7, 2006, 11:21 PM
I defeated six Mewtwos in a single fight, using a single Umbreon. :/

Like most Pokemon, they're not that great, unless you know how to use them right...

On 2006-02-02 17:14, Dre_o wrote:
True, but you forget, trainers get to leave home and hopefully become legends. Not to say I wouldn't miss my parents, but that would rock in my eyes.

...Except that every other kid does this, and Pokemon battling, like everything else competative, always follows one rule:

No matter how good you are, there will always be someone better.

Oh, the shattered dreams of children... ^_^

zwandude15
Feb 8, 2006, 12:21 AM
I never did like how Dark put down Psychs so easily. =/

Tyranitar's Crunch (i think it was???) just owned mewtwos.

In the first movie though, you gotta admit, he seemed pretty unbeatable. Shame they've lost sight of that with newer...smallerr...INSIGNIFICANT POKEMON!

rrrrrrrgh......

Dre_o
Feb 8, 2006, 12:26 AM
On 2006-02-07 20:21, Kent wrote:
I defeated six Mewtwos in a single fight, using a single Umbreon. :/

Like most Pokemon, they're not that great, unless you know how to use them right...

...Except that every other kid does this, and Pokemon battling, like everything else competative, always follows one rule:

No matter how good you are, there will always be someone better.

1) Umbreon thing, well said. Umbreon is your friend.
2) The Rule. Darn straight that is correct. Just like I'm better than you, and you are better than the Mewtwo guy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .....JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!
But that is the way life works, and the only way to get better is to fight harder opponents, which would make life in that kind of world all the sweeter.