PDA

View Full Version : EP3: POLL: Offline or Online and why.

trueprophecy
Feb 1, 2006, 09:29 PM
For the people that play say what you play. either online or offline. also why you play / not play.

i vote offline.my friends once in awhile play with me offline. online for this game dont seem worth it.

hypn0t1c
Feb 1, 2006, 09:33 PM
I used to play almost exclusively offline until I realized that I wasn't getting hardly any good cards. I was lvl 95 offline and didn't have much of anything. Now at 55 online I have a ton of awesome cards. Take it from me, try to get online. I only had 8% of S and 12% of SS until I got online. Now I've got 62% of S and 57% of SS.

trueprophecy
Feb 1, 2006, 09:36 PM
yeah i tried to get online. just wont work for me.

i set it up like everyone said. hooked it up with the right wire.

wall > 3 split > modem > BBA

and i set it up on the setting right. nothing seems to work. i would need major help.

if i could get online that would be nice. but i do have a black king bar and monkey king bar and indi beldra offline which are my 3 bests.

hypn0t1c
Feb 1, 2006, 09:41 PM
I have a broad band adapter and a router, so my setup was just plug and play basically. I don't know anything about how to set it up without a router.

Sovre
Feb 2, 2006, 07:33 AM
10 bucks a month just to get better cards?

I'm staying offline.

Deathwalk28
Feb 2, 2006, 10:06 AM
With only EP3 for GC and a PSOX Hunter's License, the idea that I'd go online is... Well, laughable. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

T0m
Feb 2, 2006, 12:45 PM
If you like Ep3, then online is definitely worth a shot. Nowadays to find human players, you will probably have to resort to the japanese servers. But I can almost guarantee that you'll learn a lot, and get many new ideas for decks.
When I got online play, I was Clv39 offline, but it was online that I learned how to play.
About the cards find, I would not recommend going online just to get cards. There are some cards that are much more common online. There are also cards that are more common offline. The last two new cards I got were from Clv40-ish offline, and online I didn't get a new one from when I was Clv80 till present, Clv200-ish

DevinTre
Feb 4, 2006, 07:28 AM
I vote offline because everything seems like it takes 20 years online, for one reason. o_O And it's so annoying to try to actually FIND people who play. Well, especially for me, since I'm online at such odd, random times to begin with ... ^_^;; But once you do get some people rounded up and everything falls into place, it's quite fun being online, actually. But that is EXTREMELY rare, sadly.

Scopes
Feb 4, 2006, 09:45 AM
Offline fer me. For one, I've hear that unless you have a real good deck, people flame you about yer "noobiness". Also, the game moves way to slow fer me, and I can only really stand to play it with some techno or rock going... And I don't have very much of either ;P

SLON
Feb 6, 2006, 08:00 AM
When you are playing on-line against human opponents and you only have 15 seconds to play your cards (depending on what type of tournament it is), then it can be a fun and fast game.
If you are playing Ep1&2 on Gamecube, then Ep3 is free. You can also see some of the rare Event cards in action (such as Del Rappy) if you play with Japanese teams.
You get to measure your progress on the Tournament ladders, and of course take part in Auctions.
Downside - get disconnected in a game and lose 40 xp!!

Ceipe
Mar 14, 2006, 01:23 AM
While I was playing online was the way to go for me, the challenge is much grater, besdes here in peru it's almost impossible to find ppl who actually play this game.

Maridia
Mar 14, 2006, 03:56 AM
The episode 3 lobbies kicked so much ass. :< That was my favorite part of going online. I'll miss them so much. ._.

Karasa
Apr 21, 2006, 12:41 AM
I play offline..cause I cant afford to play online and I dont have a connocter for my GC

voxie
Apr 21, 2006, 05:14 AM
Wel, highly recommend going online, because that's where the real game lies. Frankly, Ep3's A.I. generally sucks, being very predictable.

But offline mode is also essential to play through before going online first time, with the unlockable characters, cards, gorgeous comic-style cut scenes, and of course, the bosses http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ep3 servers will be up for a while yet (at least another year or so, I'm guessing), so no rush!

-McPot-
Apr 21, 2006, 05:28 AM
i vote online but im not so sure anymore i mean the best thing i got online is Windmill+ and Recon+(only 1 each), i did get indi belra+, and chao+, and sinow beat+ but i dont think they are good and dont use them. its good to chat with online people sinice all i have is my father and brother to play with and thats like once a week and i really love the game. P. S. im level 31 offline. i still play the game online most of the time though for hope that ill get something new. here to hope.

VR-Raiden
Apr 22, 2006, 12:41 PM
Online all teh way! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

and hey Voxie and McPot! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I'll be online on this again this tuesday or wednesday, i couldnt get on this weekend cuz my router died or something http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DikkyRay
May 3, 2006, 05:59 PM
Ouch vr that sucks. get on saterday

Deltra
May 3, 2006, 06:09 PM
If I was still a regular Ep.3 player, I'd probably get online, since you can get a lot of better cards online. It's not worth it for me now, since I only play once in a while, and I'm paying for other games already (Like BB).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deltra on 2006-05-03 16:11 ]</font>

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jun 5, 2006, 12:31 PM
I've been online since late march of this year, but my offline origins date back to winter 2003. I was clv 200+ before my corruption, and I had even managed to snag a few rares such as Epsilon, Omochao and Dark Bridge all while offline.

I thought 200 was the level cap for pso3 as well...I f i had known that it could reach 999, I would have played this game even more.

My goal is to get all the cards, which I heard would be lot easier online.

Also...I had heard from Gamefaqs that a card called "Light Belra" existed, but that it was only found online. I now know that rumor was false ( I think they meant indi belra+) but seeing as there are so many banned cards in this game, one can still foster hope...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RAGNAGELPPOD on 2006-06-05 10:38 ]</font>