PDA

View Full Version : PSO on MAC??

Turks68
Feb 2, 2006, 04:46 PM
Does anyone know of any way that I can play PSO on my MAC? I just got it a couple months ago and want to know if there is a way I can play it on my MAC. I have PSO for my XBOX and enjoy it, however it seems that the computer community is much larger and seems much more mature. Please let me know what u think

Shigecki
Feb 2, 2006, 05:04 PM
I've played on the xbox, and now play on BB. The community on BB kinda sucks, and doesn't seem any larger then the community on xbox. It's been a couple of months since I played the xbox version, so I have no idea what the size is at the moment. What I remember about xbox was there was no problem getting into a open game and playing on there. I haven't been able to do the same on BB yet, and I've been playing for about 5 months.

I don't know if the community on BB is any more mature then on xbox, but I didn't have a problem with it being not mature, so I have no frame of reference to speak of on this matter.

It's the exact same game, with a new level that feels to me a little rushed in development, all the new enemies are copies of old enemies. If you've achieved all that you feel you can achieve on xbox, then try it out and see if you can download it for your mac.

I have no idea if it'll work, I know nothing about the mac system.

neko-chan
Feb 2, 2006, 05:33 PM
The only way to run Win software on a Mac is by using VirtualPC, but last I heard VPC (version 7 is the latest IIRC) doesn't support 3D so you're pretty much screwed.

irun4fundou
Feb 2, 2006, 09:15 PM
Hmmm...

I have been wondering this myself, as I'm getting a new Mac this summer.

With the new Intel-chipped Macs it may be possible, I'll test it on mine when I get it, though thats still a ways off...

BahnKnakyu
Feb 2, 2006, 09:29 PM
The only way to do it so far is with Virtual PC. Virtual PC emulates (a really crappy) 3D video card, which will allow PSOBB to run. The problem here is, the emulation of all the PC components is done in software, which requires a LOT of processor overhead - in other words, don't be surprised if PSOBB runs like molasses on your Mac - cos it will.

So far the new Intel Macs are incapable of booting into Windows because of a lack of an actual BIOS, but I'm sure many in the Mac open source community are puttin' their heads together to find a way around it. It's only a matter of time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Turks68
Feb 4, 2006, 09:34 PM
[Thanks for the thoughts guys. I got one of the new iMACs but I don't think it's worth all the trouble. I'm content with my XBOX

YaLyn
Feb 4, 2006, 10:24 PM
Not to get off topic but what about PSU?

Eihwaz
Feb 4, 2006, 11:27 PM
On 2006-02-04 19:24, YaLyn wrote:
Not to get off topic but what about PSU?

There has been no mention of a Mac version. Phantasy Star Universe is currently only confirmed for PS2 and PC.

Turks68
Feb 6, 2006, 09:41 AM
I was hopin it would come out on the MAC but I haven't seen anything either. Unfortunately I don't have a PS2 either so I'm kind of screwed. I'm sure the PS2 will drop in price within a year due to the PS3 being on the brink of coming out. I may not get universe right away, but I'm sure that when I do there will still be a lot of people playing it