PDA

View Full Version : Total play time & drops

Xero_Silvera
Feb 2, 2006, 05:00 PM
I know that total play time, character play tim and beat time don't affect rare drops. Obviously.. because all rares have a set drop ratio. I noticed, though, that when i reached about 65 hours on my main character.. my level 1 FOnewearl was finding better drops. Now, I don't mean rares. She finds materials, grinders, oddities like amplifiers, etc.. far more commonly than my main did at her level. I realise this is probably just a rare coincidence, but i'v noticed this substancial difference at least five times from seeing newb drops and newb drops where theres another 60+ hour character on the same memory card. If anyone has checked over this (probably have, I didn't turn up anything on search aside from rares).
Thanks,
Xero

[after this post, I turned on my cube only to find that I corrupted.. again. This is a different memory card from the others.. but I'm not that angry for some reason. I guess because I play just to play, I'v gotten most all the items I wanted to find anyhow, haha. Ill test it this time around as well..]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xero_Silvera on 2006-02-02 14:25 ]</font>

rena-ko
Feb 2, 2006, 05:40 PM
normal mode has better chances on all that 'rare' green stuff.

and condolences for your loss. third party mem?

Xero_Silvera
Feb 3, 2006, 08:29 AM
The first one was a 3rd party mem.. Then I switched to my nintendo card. I corrupted for no -apparent- reason (I'm offline) twice on two different nintendo mem cards.. then this last one was really my fault. I finished up a Caves run and decided to shut off the cube right before it had finished saving.. So yeah. Anyhow, I'm playing a FOnewearl as my main this time around, since the other times I had done HU's and RA's. Thanks for the info!
-Xero

arisen_devil
Feb 3, 2006, 11:58 AM
i found more rares and rare enemies when rushing to ultimate (only doing every level once to get the the next difficulty) with my chars than i did leveling up a lot through quests. this might just be coincidence though, but it happened to all 3 of the extra chars i created to rush to ultimate and get some items there, but this is just in my experience, might have been a stroke of luck

PSOPRINCE
Feb 3, 2006, 04:48 PM
On 2006-02-03 08:58, arisen_devil wrote:
i found more rares and rare enemies when rushing to ultimate (only doing every level once to get the the next difficulty) with my chars than i did leveling up a lot through quests. this might just be coincidence though, but it happened to all 3 of the extra chars i created to rush to ultimate and get some items there, but this is just in my experience, might have been a stroke of luck

then how coms i have neva found a addslot
which i need for my new guard wave which i found today yay

Xero_Silvera
Feb 3, 2006, 07:40 PM
I was speaking mainly of non-red box rares, since theres a positive rarity on those and the monsters which drop them.. but thats also interesting..
Anyone ever looked into the nonred box rares in conjunction with overall play time? My FOnewearl is now lv 20 and hasnt found any noticable rare nonreds... seeming to find a pattern here.

arisen_devil
Feb 4, 2006, 05:14 AM
i find those non-red rare boxes a lot on all my chars: no matter which one i play with, there's always at least 5 mats each time i go through a level. i always get hp, power, mind, evade and def mats, just not getting a lot of luck mats http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif . and i don't think this has anything to do with total time, because when i created the 1st character on my 2nd memory card, i found an equal amount of mats, amplifiers, tech barriers, grinders and scape dolls. i guess it's all down to luck. i've got a lot of luck in the mat department, but finding the rares i want is a whole other story...

@psoprince: i found 3 addslots in a single sitting with my redria RAcast on hard forest 1, this was when completing all forest quests (i guess this is mainly due to the fact that there are mostly more boxes in quests than in level runs). and i was given the advice to get another human or newman redria character to get addslots from nar lily's on normal temple, and this is working very well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: arisen_devil on 2006-02-04 02:15 ]</font>

Tkinc
Feb 6, 2006, 03:52 PM
mats are way easier to get- but notice that also if you leave your GCN on until 400-1000 (best) Internet time- you'll find about 3-4 Rares per level per play (caves I find 2-3 rares on average and the other levels). If you play at 500+ on Episode II their is also a great chance of getting rares (apparently the cool thing about random numbers in games- thats how 'randomness' works- based on time [learned from C++])