PDA

View Full Version : fanfics how do u do it?

antarcticaPSU
Feb 2, 2006, 09:20 PM
i really wanna do a fanfic or guide i dont no how thoe. so i need 2 no thx.

Ketchup345
Feb 2, 2006, 09:30 PM
For a guide, make something you think will be useful to the site. This is best done in plain text. Then post it in Site Related and an appropriate staff member will make it a guide if it is thought to be helpful.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 2, 2006, 09:52 PM
As far as writing a fan fic goes, I would encourage you to just write it, and post it here in Fan Works. If you need help on how to go about writing it... Well... That's a long discussion that I'm not going to go into here.

Also, and this goes for all the fan fic authors here in Fan Works, if you want your fic put into the Fan Fiction Library, then PLEASE bring it to my attention when you've posted the last chapter. We get a lot of fan fics, they're long, they're seldom updated (for good reason), and I'm hard-pressed to keep track of the progress on each one (though I am in the process working out a system to help me do that).

One more thing, antarcticaPSU... For the love of all things good and holy, if you are going to write something that you intend to be permanent (such as a fan fic, and possibly even a forum post), use proper spelling and capitalization...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2006-02-02 18:59 ]</font>

Tystys
Feb 2, 2006, 10:11 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=94169&forum=12&5

Has a bunch of useful topics you can look at.

Dre_o
Feb 2, 2006, 10:15 PM
I suggest using your own characters, then thinking of a TON of awsome, action packed thing for them to do. Then weed out the stupid ones. Next, find some good verbs. Verbs are good. Last???? Just Gopher it

haruna
Feb 2, 2006, 10:16 PM
Start by gathering ideas. Some good questions to ask yourself are:
-Who are the characters(your own or another creator's) that you want in your story.
-For fanfics, I like to ask if there are any unanswered questions about the plot. Exploiting or exploring these holes can be a lot of fun.
-Start writing things down and make a bubble diagram of how things are connected. Like start with "Rika" maybe 1 bubble would be "Seed" or "Rudy" etc.