PDA

View Full Version : Best character in PSO?

Tkinc
Feb 3, 2006, 04:10 AM
I don't think their are... really when you think of it, all are evenly balanced- which is very good since no one can claim that a particular character is THE BEST... it's like SSBM where, though bowser is suuuper slow, his power and defense is what makes him worthy of admiration...

Scejntjynahl
Feb 3, 2006, 04:53 AM
Well this topic has plagued us since PSO began. I understand the lighthearteness behind your topic, but I must warn you... it could get ugly really fast.

Unless you want page after page of multitude of people clammoring that their favorite class is the best and superior. Some may even quote statistical numbers as concrete fact that their specific class is by far the best. Because, numbers can't lie. While others will adhere to the notion that the class is only as good as the player. Even others well base it merely on aesthetic values... etc etc.

So lets just say that, for the sake of sanity, there is no one best class, play the game, enjoy the game, and be done with it.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 3, 2006, 09:17 AM
I met a big fat RAmar who talked in third person about eating everything with proper sentencing and didn't play a lick of the game last night.

He was the best character that lobby and all the other active lobbies had to offer!

Good stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

However:

Don't read too much into what other people believe is the BEST character (class) in the game.

Find the best for your particular playing style and wants.

Someone says your favorite character is worse than theirs, no biggie. That's not gonna stop you from playing as that character right?

xxTrystanxx
Feb 3, 2006, 10:05 AM
There really are a couple ways to look at the question. I could quote page after page of numbers, and offer you a purely statistical answer. Others might say it has to do with the situation -- in other words, some characters are better for online play than offline. And we've all heard many times about which characters are essential for Challenge mode, and which ones should stay home.

Bottom line, however, is any class could be the best class. How do YOU like to play the game? Some folks like using swords, and some like techniques. Some folks like androids for the HP regeneration and traps, and some of us can't live without Resta.

irun4fundou
Feb 3, 2006, 12:35 PM
Isn't that what makes PS games so awesome? There's something for everyone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tkinc
Feb 3, 2006, 01:58 PM
I agree http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif and also keep in mind that it is actually how GOOD are YOU with that character- if u are really good with that character you can still accomplish all those challenges on Challenge mode the same way with others, depending on your skill- so again, as I must say, everyone in the end, are all EQUAL

Charmander02
Feb 3, 2006, 03:43 PM
FOmar is the best, just cause i'm one. But all the others are good aswell just depends on you're prefrences i guess.

Shigecki
Feb 3, 2006, 04:00 PM
This type of thing is all relevant. There are certain characters I prefer for different situations. In cmode, I feel the HUcast is a must on any stage. In a group, a FOnewearl is a must.

Some charaters are great ones to use for solo (RAmarl, Hunewearl, FOnewmn for offline) but in a group aren't as stong as others they play with. It just depends on the situation.

I feel the easiest class I've ever played was the RAmarl. I actually got bored playing this class because it was so easy to play. Point and click, if you get hit for some reason, 20 resta and all good. Not that much of base ATP, but 20's on shifta and zalure change that. In a group they will never be the strongest character though. It's all about situations.

So like most everyone has said there isn't a real best class in the game, it's just what you prefer, and how you prefer to play the game.

xxTrystanxx
Feb 3, 2006, 11:52 PM
While having the strongest character may work in such situations as challenge mode where you're trying to kill things without nifty weapons in a short amount of time, I find sometimes having a very strong character can cause an imbalance.

I don't really have a favorite. I suppose the easiest I've ever played were Forces, mostly because techniques tend to auto-target (A blessing AND a curse, really.) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I like Rangers but I can't seem to get the hang of using traps and guns : So I ended up killing off my RAcast for a HUcast and creating a RAmar.

DevinTre
Feb 4, 2006, 07:13 AM
Heh, you'd think I would find this question easy since I have one of every class, section ID, and then some. ^_^;;
But I do agree that it's an individual preference, there's pretty much no better class than the other, technically. If you prefer a well-balanced melee fighter with good tech abilities, then HUnewearl is the obvious choice. If you want a stronger character with enough tech power to get by, then you should go with a HUmar, of course. If you just wanna go in and kill without worrying about TP and such, HUcast or HUcaseal is definitely the way to go. If you're not crazy about melee but don't wanna deal with techs, any ranger is awesome to that effect. If you prefer being support and using more strategy than physical prowess, forces are great. n.n But blah blah blah, most of you know this and much more already. XD
As for me? My favorite two are FOmarl and HUcaseal, HUnewearl being a grudgingly close third (only because nearly everyone and their brother and sister have one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). I get impatient as a ranger, but I'm working on it. I don't like just doing the same thing all the time, over and over and over (you kinda do enough of that in PSO at times, lol), so having a choice is definitely good.

Tkinc
Feb 4, 2006, 06:36 PM
The Casts's traps are very very good against the normal badguys. This is why... you can run and automatically freeze TONS OF ENEMIES with one freeze trap and then use something like swords or partisions to add up the damage http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif If you loose your traps, just kill yourself and get revived with a Scapedoll, or set a telepipe, drop your money, die- get revived in Pioneer 1/2 and come back to the same spot with all your traps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The other Ra-class are very good with one particular thing- Extra Attack- they have the greatest accuracy rates, and so later on when you get 'Hell' weapons, you will notice how useful everything gets- especially if you use them with Elf/Arm(++) you will notice how great they'll start doing with 'elemental' weapons with their special attacks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The Hu-class are very good with Mechguns but more better with Katana's, Swords, and Partitions. The best specials these guys CAN have is particularily Spirit/Berserk/Charge.

Inazuma
Feb 4, 2006, 06:40 PM
at least as far as forces are concerned, the fonewearl is easily the best.

Tkinc
Feb 4, 2006, 06:53 PM
Nah, they are all equal- the cool thing though are Fomar's and Fomarl's... they can use good Attack weapons too (rather than magic)- for those who like to fight with WEAPONRY instead of mostly magic. That's particularly what I like about Humars, Hunewearls, Ramarls, Ramars, Fomars, and Fomarls- they can use weaponry effectively but still stay with the effective skills of their class

But, yeah, all CHARACTERS ARE EQUAL IN THE END

Saiffy
Feb 4, 2006, 07:24 PM
On 2006-02-04 15:40, Inazuma wrote:
at least as far as forces are concerned, the fonewearl is easily the best.

If you remove everyone elses opinions, then sure >_>

KaFKa
Feb 4, 2006, 09:39 PM
It all depends on your personal taste and how you play.

Personally, I think HUnewearls are the best, since they can do anything effectively.

Forte1224
Feb 4, 2006, 10:14 PM
I love FOnewerls and RAmarls.

But of course, no one can forget good old HUmar.

Didn't most of us start out with him? I still use mine today just for beating crap out of random monsters.

Ennie
Feb 5, 2006, 04:59 AM
My favourite class is RAcaseal, but only because I grew affectioned to my char. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif' I agree with what everyone said about all characters being potentially equal, some are easier to use for beginners, others are kinda hard (I for one have trouble with Forces during the first few levels). But once levelled up properly and you got the hang of it they're all the same. =)

EJ
Feb 5, 2006, 06:44 AM
I only use one class and that is a FOmar so I think he is the best since he is the only class I use. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kratos123
Feb 5, 2006, 02:13 PM
On 2006-02-03 01:10, Tkinc wrote:
I don't think their are... really when you think of it, all are evenly balanced- which is very good since no one can claim that a particular character is THE BEST... it's like SSBM where, though bowser is suuuper slow, his power and defense is what makes him worthy of admiration...

ME! No but my friend's friend cause he has cheats so he can kill anything in one hit basically. He has this other cheat that makes you level 200. If you've read other posts by me I've talked about a friend of mine being level 200. Well he used a cheat.

gokruel
Feb 10, 2006, 07:29 AM
i vary in the class i use butr mostly i do use HUmars so i would say there the best but honestly all the classes in the game are evenly balanced for there strengths and weaknesses.

F-o-x
Feb 10, 2006, 10:19 AM
I agree with the majority pretty much in that I think there is no "best" class. Everyone else has the reasons covered pretty well so I'll just go into my personal preference.

I'd have to say that the best character for me whould be a HUmar hands down. I love being a melee fighter, but I also like having a balanced character that can do a bit of everything.

Ladriachan
Feb 10, 2006, 02:30 PM
On 2006-02-04 19:14, Forte1224 wrote:
But of course, no one can forget good old HUmar.

Didn't most of us start out with him?

hehe two posts, uh oh *laughs* anyhow yes, I do believe alot of people that have been playing since dreamcast did start with the humar, then again humar used to be cool and could use all lv. 15s and could wield a spread needle and all sorts of crazy go nuts stuff.

Personally though i LOVE forces, if you make them just right they can be very versatile and fun ^.^

xxTrystanxx
Feb 11, 2006, 10:13 PM
LOL, I've found it. My new favorite character is RAcaseal. Gosh they are so cute.

Otis_Kat
Feb 12, 2006, 10:09 AM
hehe two posts, uh oh *laughs* anyhow

hehe six posts, uh oh *laughs* anyhow I like HUmar the best, good attack, techs, can at least j/z those damn tallows >.> <,<

Farrmark
Feb 12, 2006, 10:19 AM
I have only a level 50 RAmar at the moment, haven't bothered to create another because I just want to shoot stuff up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif:D

gokruel
Feb 13, 2006, 05:31 AM
Everbody has there own opinion on what kind of character is the best but there all equal in what there used for nuff said.

Lightfox
Feb 13, 2006, 03:25 PM
Yeah really, there is no better character, no one, the thing is how good can you play with the character you like the most, I remember in dreamcast, of course i started with a HUmar, the dreamcast had insane drop rates, but anyway i really had fun, HUmar at level 104 and finally played with a HUcast to lvl 138, and liked both.
Now i´m playing with a HUcast, FOmar and RAmarl on GCN, and all are awesome in their specialties.