PDA

View Full Version : My riddles of death!

Dangerous55
Sep 20, 2002, 09:37 PM
Answer all my riddles and you get a shiny new monkey. Some people may recognize these from a game.

Lighter than what I am made of, more of me is hidden than is seen, I am the bane of the mariner,
a tooth within the sea. Speak my name.

A spirited jig it dances bright, banishing all but darkest night. Give it food and it will live;give it water and it will die.

The man who invented it, doesn't want it for himself. The man who bought it, doesn't need it for himself. The man who needs it, doesn't know it when he needs it.

The life I lead is mere hours or less, I serve all my time by being consumed. I am quickest when thin, slowest when fat, and wind is the bane of the gift that I bring.

The more that there is, the less that you see. Squint all you wish when surrounded by me.

They come to witness the night without being called, a sailor's guide and a poet's tears. They are lost to sight each day without the hand of a thief.

They follow and lead, but only as you pass. Dress yourself in darkest black, and they are darker still. Always they flee the light, though without the sun there would be none.

I have holes throughout, from back to front and top to bottom to core. More nothing than something within, and yet I still hold water.

I am free for the taking through all of your life,though given but once at birth. I am less than nothing in weight, but will fell the strongest of you if held.

Alive as you but without breath, as cold in my life as in my death; never a thirst though I always drink, dressed in a mail but never a clink.

Of all your possessions, I am the hardest to guard. If you have me, you will want to share me. If you share me, you no longer have me.

I can have no color, though there may be darkness within. I have no weight and hold nothing, and if placed in a container it becomes all the lighter.

BlackRose
Sep 20, 2002, 09:44 PM
On 2002-09-20 19:37, Dangerous55 wrote:

Alive as you but without breath, as cold in my life as in my death; never a thirst though I always drink, dressed in a mail but never a clink.

That's from Tolkien. And it's a fish.

Abaddon
Sep 20, 2002, 10:30 PM
Answer all my riddles and you get a shiny new monkey. Some people may recognize these from a game.

Hey hey!

Lighter than what I am made of, more of me is hidden than is seen, I am the bane of the mariner,

Coral?

A spirited jig it dances bright, banishing all but darkest night. Give it food and it will live;give it water and it will die.

flame.

The man who invented it, doesn't want it for himself. The man who bought it, doesn't need it for himself. The man who needs it, doesn't know it when he needs it.

CONDOMS! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The life I lead is mere hours or less, I serve all my time by being consumed. I am quickest when thin, slowest when fat, and wind is the bane of the gift that I bring.

dduhhh...pass.

The more that there is, the less that you see. Squint all you wish when surrounded by me.

light.

They come to witness the night without being called, a sailor's guide and a poet's tears. They are lost to sight each day without the hand of a thief.

stars.

They follow and lead, but only as you pass. Dress yourself in darkest black, and they are darker still. Always they flee the light, though without the sun there would be none.

Got me stumped.

I have holes throughout, from back to front and top to bottom to core. More nothing than something within, and yet I still hold water.

A Sponge.

I am free for the taking through all of your life,though given but once at birth. I am less than nothing in weight, but will fell the strongest of you if held.

Guilt?

Fish.

Of all your possessions, I am the hardest to guard. If you have me, you will want to share me. If you share me, you no longer have me.

The heart?

I can have no color, though there may be darkness within. I have no weight and hold nothing, and if placed in a container it becomes all the lighter.

Pass.

So, how did i do? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dangerous55
Sep 20, 2002, 10:39 PM
You got fish, sponge, star and flame, thats it. Pretty nice though.

Spy
Sep 21, 2002, 12:56 AM

I want a penguin.

Iceberg. Where's my penguin bitxh?

Dangerous55
Sep 21, 2002, 11:15 AM
On 2002-09-20 22:56, Spy wrote:

Iceberg. Where's my penguin bitxh?

Correct, how about a monkey in a penguin suit?

Reno
Sep 21, 2002, 12:40 PM

Iceberg

Flame

Ummmmm... I dunno... A gift???

Clouds?

Darkness?

Stars

Shadows?

Sponge

Breath

Fish

Virginity???

It's a hole!

So how did I do huh, huh?

RavenTW
Sep 21, 2002, 01:26 PM
I'd say you did good Reno.

New riddle! (Mythology fans, don't answer. Unless we're all mythology fans)

I have 4 legs in the morning, 2 legs in the afternoon, and 3 legs in the evening. In the evening, I am weakest. What am I?

Reno
Sep 21, 2002, 01:45 PM
I have 4 legs in the morning, 2 legs in the afternoon, and 3 legs in the evening. In the evening, I am weakest. What am I?

It's a human, 4 legs early in life (baby - crawling), 2 legs in the middle (walking), 3 legs later in life (2 legs + a walking stick)

neko-chan
Sep 21, 2002, 01:58 PM
On 2002-09-21 11:26, RavenTW wrote:

This one is old as Hell. I used to answer to it when I had like 4 legs. >_>;;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2002-09-21 13:40 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Sep 22, 2002, 09:23 PM
Reno you did good, you got them all but virginity and gift. I think cloud is right.