PDA

View Full Version : manga newman-- sunshiny-rific!!!

Sgt_Shligger
Feb 3, 2006, 08:53 PM
well this took me a while to make (roughly 4-5 hours if anyone cares) and i had to figure out the img conversion to lower file size (and get the picture on photo bucket) but i did it in the end.... this picture was inspired when i saw a girl walking away from me waving-- so i decided i would do that exact pose somthing better... manga-ize it. Don't make any comments about the eyes being to bog though-- i intended that... and i named this character "jade" do to lack of better ideas.... she was green in character creation but i changed the outfit and didn't bother to change the name (her eyes were green and tht was enuf for me to go on.) I hope u ppl like it =D... post reviews cuz i need feedback.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/sgtshligger/pso/psoooo/Jadefinished.jpg
i give up on picture resize-- it just doesn't work---- i have failed me. also u are ALL jealous of her owning the one and only "Anakin's Lightsaber" are u not? On one more note, the legs and arms and height are very exagerated on purpose--- to ME it looks normal but i don't go for realism i go for cartoons or closer manga so the characters don't have to be the perfect form of a human just a recognizable figure... which this must be- i am ot a strong figure drawer as we all an see though. I can draw any clothing that is not near the skin since that requires knowledge of drawing fold which i never understood....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SgtShligger on 2006-02-03 21:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SgtShligger on 2006-02-03 21:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SgtShligger on 2006-02-04 09:20 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 3, 2006, 09:23 PM
Looks shiny.

If you want some pointers, check out perspective and anamtomy for correct proportions in terms of arm and leg length.

I understand you're going for depth with the foreground(HUnewearl nearest the "camera")/background (laser fence), but the lengths are a bit much.

Other than that good coloring and detail!

Sgt_Shligger
Feb 3, 2006, 09:28 PM
welll on that note--- the legs and arms and entire figure are drawn using manga style0------ so all proportions will be greater for length---- she is taller and longer arm/legger so she doesn't look short compared to her hair (which is realistic in length) but otherwise i do have feed back so thx-- but i thirst for more....

Sayara
Feb 3, 2006, 09:48 PM
Regardless of longated limbs her torso looks very distorted. You have her backsided, yet you can see her back arm perfectly, The way you drew it makes it very difficult for me to understand

Otherwise a very nice drawing.

Sgt_Shligger
Feb 3, 2006, 09:51 PM
wow i guess my friend wasn't joking when he said it was bad-- i will attempt to shrink it thoug

Sayara
Feb 3, 2006, 09:52 PM
I would not worry about it. To my eye it is awkward, but its still a very nice composition.

Sgt_Shligger
Feb 3, 2006, 09:54 PM
GAAAAAAAAAAAAah frustrated!!!!!111 can't- resize- photo- to complex- gah....

Sayara
Feb 3, 2006, 09:56 PM
On 2006-02-03 18:52, Tingle wrote:
I would not worry about it. To my eye it is awkward, but its still a very nice composition.

Read my words d0od

Ansatsu
Feb 4, 2006, 09:22 AM
Its a good start, but the feet are too small, but that caan be easily fixed by looking at some real pictures or, even better, by looking at how manga artists do it. As many others said, even as it is drawn in manga style, the arms and legs look too long. The distortion must be mild, believe me, I had to work for a while to get to the point where I could make my humans look human. A good way to learn proportions, and the way that I learned, is to copy copy a picture from another artist, and modify it to make your own character. I have to say the colors look very nice, and the background is better than I could EVER do. Overall a good piece but not brilliant yet. I'm hoping to see more of your work as it improves.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ansatsu on 2006-02-04 06:29 ]</font>

CupOfCoffee
Feb 4, 2006, 11:49 AM
On 2006-02-03 17:53, SgtShligger wrote:
also u are ALL jealous of her owning the one and only "Anakin's Lightsaber" are u not?

Heh, uh... wasn't Anakin's lightsaber blue?

Sgt_Shligger
Feb 4, 2006, 12:15 PM
Anakin's old saber was green and his newer one was blue (since got to knight not padawan) and his newest is the red. I am so right eh? I was to lazy to draw the saber so i drew the "light saber"
I am all to frustrated that i can not resize this photo-- its too big but the resize isn't working http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SgtShligger on 2006-02-04 09:29 ]</font>

CupOfCoffee
Feb 4, 2006, 01:19 PM
Actually, it's more than small enough. If anything, it doesn't really seem big enough to show all the details of the drawing. Then again, my resolution is 1280x1024, so that could be part of it.

Tystys
Feb 4, 2006, 01:50 PM
It looks a bit...odd, O_O. Her limbs need a lil work.

Sgt_Shligger
Feb 4, 2006, 03:05 PM
wwht ias rong with the limbs-- they are just longer then real limbs--- they are not bending strange are they? it seems my friend coodn't tell the pose she was in until i pointed out that she was alking away from the "camera" and she was half turned around---- anatomy--- bah... realism--- bah.

Ansatsu
Feb 4, 2006, 05:19 PM
The legs would look better if you made the feet bigger (It's a comparison with the feet. They look longer if the feet are small, so by making the feet bigger the legs will look more realistic)), and the left arm is bending backwards. Try getting it into that position yourself (You're not a contortionist are you?) Don't get me wrong, the pic looks great, but it still needs some work. Doesn't every drawing have room for improvement? Just keep pressing on, and soon you'll be drawing incredible works of art. Can't wait to see more of your work.

Sgt_Shligger
Feb 4, 2006, 05:53 PM
ROFL ROFL i just noticed the left arm was going the rong way---- thx for that--- im not going to alter the picture though but i migh make another character in that same pose---- speaking of art i am making a coic series taht i will continue like a short novel but i need a couple more characters--- i have a FOmar, a HUmar, I might include my character "Jade" in this picture and a friends HUcast... i might also include a RAmar as a character to represent me... if you guys want your character/self in this plz pm me or just say it in the forum..... i will post the first section of the comic in a couple hours.

Kanashimi
Feb 6, 2006, 06:29 AM
The two things I see that are completely independent of style are these:

:: The arms are two different lengths.

:: She looks like she has no neck. o_o

Dre_o
Feb 6, 2006, 09:02 AM
All I'm gonna say is....hmmm....sounds like you might want to take a cool down break. You seem to be over stressing things.

Take it from a person who has already had a MAJOR meld-down, let your mouse/tablet/pencil/pen/marker cool down for a day or two.

I won't comment on your pics limbs or anything cause you've heard most of it already. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DamonKatu
Feb 6, 2006, 12:55 PM
What shampo did she use? must be the exspensive brand...XD I wounder where I put my sunglasses? This is a really basic but also very good art work. She looks very happy to have nice hair like that.

Sgt_Shligger
Feb 6, 2006, 06:28 PM
Well thx for the happy comment-- i havent drawn anything since my "bet to regret" comic (no one looked at it =( but thats not the point) but i have taken a break--- i need to think of new ideas but this critique has helped--- i now know what i did wrong and that will help me in my next piece AND i got paintshop9 so that should help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif but in the meantime i got to think....

Dre_o
Feb 6, 2006, 06:30 PM
On 2006-02-06 15:28, SgtShligger wrote:
Well thx for the happy comment-- i havent drawn anything since my "bet to regret" comic (no one looked at it =( but thats not the point) but i have taken a break--- i need to think of new ideas but this critique has helped--- i now know what i did wrong and that will help me in my next piece AND i got paintshop9 so that should help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif but in the meantime i got to think....

Good to hear. Don't let the critique get the best of you and you'll be fine. Can't wait to see bigger and greater things!

Sgt_Shligger
Feb 6, 2006, 06:42 PM
i just realized something- scratch that TWO things

1: I should type and write general messages with

correct spelling, paragraphing, and general

orginazation so it is legible to others.

2: I have NO idea how paintshop/photoshop works...

i have not really tried to use it yet but i don't

know anything about deeppaint so could someone

please send me some turtorials on just about

everything. The most important things i want to

learn are how to use layers and what they are for.

Second, could someone tell me how to get better

lighting effects besides what i have currently used

(I just put white in the areas where shine was

needed by coloring over the original color) If there

is an easier way, please PM or E-mail or AIM me, whatever works. Thanks in advance.