PDA

View Full Version : Question to importers who uses Jpns GC

Sedric
Sep 21, 2002, 04:27 AM
Ok, my copy of Ep I & II arrived yesterday. (It's 2 am here now so technically, it is yesterday) Well, I didn't get a modded GC because there is an import game store near where I live that sold a brand new Jpns GC for $190. So I got that instead. But I heard about the power voltage difference for here in U.S. and Japan. The store clerk told me it would still work if I just plug it in, but it may shorten the lifespan of the console. Considering that PSO is a long term game, I asked what should I do to preserve it, and he told me to go to RadioShack and get a voltage converter. So I did. Only problem: The voltage converter was designed to fit one of those "round-head" plugs, not the standard "flat-head" plugs. Well, the GC has the "flat-head", so I ended up not getting it. I just plugged it into my Surge Protector, (just to be on the safe side) and it works fine, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I need to find the right converter.

So here is my question to importers who got Jpns GC: do you use any voltage converter? Or do you just plug and use without one? If you do use one, what's the brand name and where can I get it?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, another question: how do you format the memory card? I just bought a brand new regular US one, but didn't know how to do it so I just used it.... Well, it works fine, but I still felt like I needed to ask.

Once again, thanks ahead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sedric on 2002-09-21 02:28 ]</font>

Gradius
Sep 21, 2002, 02:12 PM
I first tried using the power cord that came with my japanese gamecube but it woundn't power up at all. So I used the cable from my lost usa gamecube and it works.

Rich_T
Sep 21, 2002, 04:05 PM
Isnt japan the same voltage as North America 110Vac, 60Hz?