PDA

View Full Version : Katanas n cards...

fronebullare
Feb 4, 2006, 06:25 PM
katanas and cards weapons are the only type of weapons that I have never used.I have
one free space for one new char. Is there a sec.ID that gets more katanas or cards than others?

Ketchup345
Feb 4, 2006, 06:38 PM
Katanas: Viridia gets all of them (some may be harder than ID combos though)
Cards: No specific ID, just try to grab either a Talis or Mahu off of De Rol Lie in Hard or Very Hard (Talis = Hard, Mahu = Very Hard). If you decide you like them, you can use the item database to look for the easiest path for the others.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Feb 4, 2006, 06:42 PM
IMO, don't go for cards, i never really liked them, but it's your choice

Oni140
Feb 5, 2006, 10:48 AM
Katanas and Cards are highly varied about which classes you use:

For Forces, Cards are usually very useful; and most IDs can get what I think are the most useful ones (Hitogata, Guardianna). They work as a projectile weapon, and can hit only a single enemy the first two combos, and up to three in the last one. They require MST requirements, but they are still no powerhouse compared to other chooseable weapons. They are useful early up in the game since many of them drain TP, and Guardianna can do x2 damage by sacrificing TP. The only bad one is Dancing Hitogata, as it is very difficult to use.

Katanas are sometimes usable by all classes, but the majority are used by Hunters. They are powerful and they usually have good accuracy, but are not nearly as fast as Sabers are. Many of their effects are usually one-hit kills; katanas are not the best weapons there are, but they aren't exactly the worst either. They hit only one target.

Cards and katanas are good in some cases, but also heavily lack some of the special effects and strengths of other weapons too.

gokruel
Feb 6, 2006, 07:37 AM
i always thought that katanas would be a good weapon till i found one and started to use it then i went back to using my red saber it just seemed much better IMO.

Charmander02
Feb 6, 2006, 05:23 PM
Redria can find the Talis and Mahu.

Split
Feb 7, 2006, 06:56 PM
hey, I've never seen a card either...does the animation look like the FOmar's unarmed attack? that'd be boss

Katanas are fun though, my favorite 3 hit weapon type and FOmar weapon (thanks to Break) by far.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Split on 2006-02-07 15:57 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Feb 7, 2006, 07:05 PM
On 2006-02-07 15:56, Split wrote:
hey, I've never seen a card either...does the animation look like the FOmar's unarmed attack? that'd be boss

Nope. It's kind of a throwing motion. It looks like what you'd expect someone to look like if they were throwing cards, actually.

gokruel
Feb 8, 2006, 05:41 AM
i have found plenty of card weapons but i have never used them i just trade them with people i have no idea why i never use them.
But are they effective thats what i want to know?