PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in a console game remak/sequal?

RavenTW
Sep 21, 2002, 04:10 PM
If any Xbox/PS2/GC game was remade with new features and/or they made a sequal. What would be a feature you would like to see?

I have two: Online capable SSB (So I can yell "Right back at 'ya!" every time I busted somone as Kirby)

Split screen muliplayer online capable in PSO (in other words, have about 4-16 chars playing in one game)

ABDUR101
Sep 21, 2002, 04:20 PM
Halo: Class based multiplayer with the original line-up of weapons and vehicles that they did'nt add in the actual game, as well as the ability to play as either Covenant or Marines.

Morrowind: Atleast 4 player online so you can bring along friends to dungeons, ruins and shrines, or just to walk around together as you hoard valuable stuff to sell. I'd love to have a friend with me, because I have a lot of armor and items, and it's always nice to have a varied team.

IceBlink
Sep 21, 2002, 05:26 PM
poo, lost my earlier post...

Anyway, I would like to see a remake of Legend Of Kage, which was on the Nintendo! I still remember the ninja who wasn't dressed as a ninja (shocking for a ninjagame of that time!)! Hehe. ^_^

[edit]Ah crud, didn't read the first post properly. GC/Xbox/PS2 game sequel, huh? Hmm... that would be a remake of Dynasty Warriors, but online. If on Xbox or Gamecube, it could easily contain more characters on screen, and thus, maybe 8 players max online against 10,000+ (refilling) enemies at once? O_O That would be so cool...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2002-09-21 15:31 ]</font>

amoralist
Sep 21, 2002, 06:16 PM
Sonic 3 & Knuckles- go 3d(not by Traveler's Tale either, but by ST themselves) complete and intact with all the little end skits and intros before and after stages (I wanna see sonic fall from a Flying Battery into Sandopolis)

Devil May Cry- take him and his stylish Dante girls to create an online orgy, d'I mean gun orgy, I'd say the same for Onimusha, but how the hell are you gonna solve the soul sucking hogs?

Double Dragon- let's face it, it's common game people name

Power Stone 1&2- ported and keep the online perks for USers

merlin
Sep 21, 2002, 06:48 PM
*sniff, sob, sniffle*

I'd like to see Mario Sunshine remade into a DECENT game that's actually FUN to play!!!

I'd want to see the new Shenmue#2 for XboX packaged WITH Shenmue#1.

I'd like to see a decent new Top Gear Rally game....or a new 128-bit Beetle Adventure Racing.

I want a new Mario Kart.

I want some quirky Japanese games to be released as domestics.

I want the new Doom on XboX....badly.

Mostly I'd like to see 128-bit sequels to most of the N64 games.

Oh.....I'd like to see WaveRace Blue Storm remade with a much more forgiving AI.

merlin
Sep 21, 2002, 06:54 PM
Actually....that's not what I want.

What I REALLY want is to see Halo remade for the NES.

=P

Dabra
Sep 21, 2002, 07:23 PM
Well a new GTA..i know vicecity isn't out but a good one would be a GTA in the gangster era, with the tommy guns, the police corruption, and all. You know, 'a la godfather' or 'road to perdition'.

PS: I know the game Mafia does exactly that but it was too short..and i want somethign else.

Kent
Sep 21, 2002, 07:40 PM
I'd like to see Final Fantasy VII remade, seeing as it was the best one ever.

Ness
Sep 21, 2002, 08:12 PM
Final Fantasy VII is good. I think that a game should have online capability and the game should be set after the first one.

Ziggy-san
Sep 21, 2002, 08:55 PM
How about a PSO game for GameCube that's a pure sequal, redesigned battle system (Did we learn NOTHING from Zelda 64, people?!), new or heavily redesigned techniques (shiney.. :P~~)ability to customise your character completely (gender, race, face, mace, things that rhyme with face o.0) and a less...weird language filter. Hell, give it a M rating and just forge tthe filter or something. What the fuck's so harmful about words?

...but that's just me.

LieutenantDwAnGStick
Sep 21, 2002, 11:53 PM
i got one ..

a new Battle Toads and Double Dragon http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ian D
Sep 22, 2002, 01:00 AM
Make any game for any of the consoles online and most of us will love it.

Sojo
Sep 22, 2002, 11:57 AM
Make an Unreal Tournament online!!

I thought the Unreal tournament for the DC would be online, but it wasn't!!

Actually, this thread has made me think of the current problem surrounding the Game Cube...

That is, how many of the games are actually new and original, compare that to how many are just ports or re-makes...

Oh yeah, and Nintendo are releasing a version of Skies Of Arcadia for the GC but say they're editing out all the drinking and swearing...

Now there's a fucking suprise.

I really don't understand Nintendo when it comes to censorship! I mean, Perfect Dark was an 18, but why?! Because it contains guns which people may find offensive?

It's not as if the AI shouts "F*** you, you MotherF****** F*** F*****!" whenever they draw their guns!

Ness
Sep 22, 2002, 01:21 PM
I think Unreal Championship will be online. I can't remeber wheter it's for Xbox or PS2 though.

Deathscythealpha
Sep 22, 2002, 03:09 PM
On 2002-09-22 09:57, Sojo wrote:
Make an Unreal Tournament online!!

I thought the Unreal tournament for the DC would be online, but it wasn't!!
[quote]

Only the EU Unreal Tournet on DC wasnt online, cause their bastards and hate us. The PC version was online though.

[quote]
Oh yeah, and Nintendo are releasing a version of Skies Of Arcadia for the GC but say they're editing out all the drinking and swearing...
[quote]

Dont forget smoking aswell (wonders what the point of that was)

[quote]
It's not as if the AI shouts "F*** you, you MotherF****** F*** F*****!" whenever they draw their guns!

Lol, now that woould of been funny.

The two GC games i would like to see remade are Capcom vs SNK 2 with more then five levels to play on and as much depth as the DC original, and 007 Agent Under Fir so they would make the game longer, with more levels and an Ending that made sense!!!

Sojo
Sep 22, 2002, 05:07 PM
Ness, Unreal Championship will be online for the X-Box, because PS2 doesn't have online ability...

That sword in your banner is an Ebony Longsword isn't it?

I've got one, called it "Black Death". Does 20points of Health damage per hit and has a massive charge.

Dabra
Sep 22, 2002, 07:37 PM
Ebony stuff sucks, daedric equipment own0rz.

Oh and PS2 not online? have you been living under a rock?

WraithAkaMrak
Sep 22, 2002, 09:10 PM
Well, it isn't on PS2/GC/Xbox... But I want to see another installment in the "Chrono" series. They've announced that the name "Chrono Break" has been registered. And a rumor in EGM that it might be on the Xbox (which I would actually like to see). I really liked Chrono Cross, and I think a completely new game in the series would be great. (Not just something like "Chrono Cross 2", though that wouldn't be all bad.)

BWS-1
Sep 22, 2002, 09:51 PM
On 2002-09-21 14:20, ABDUR101 wrote:
Halo: Class based multiplayer with the original line-up of weapons and vehicles that they did'nt add in the actual game, as well as the ability to play as either Covenant or Marines.

Morrowind: Atleast 4 player online so you can bring along friends to dungeons, ruins and shrines, or just to walk around together as you hoard valuable stuff to sell. I'd love to have a friend with me, because I have a lot of armor and items, and it's always nice to have a varied team.

Right on. I could live of those 2 games if they were that way, hell yeah

O and the sword in Ness' sig is a Daedric Shortsword http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BWS-1 on 2002-09-22 19:56 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Sep 22, 2002, 10:08 PM
On 2002-09-22 17:37, Dabra_Shenrox wrote:
Ebony stuff sucks, daedric equipment own0rz.

Both suxors unless you can carry over 700 units worth of items.

*huggles Randagulf's gauntlets, his shirt and pants of increased strength and his amulet which constantly restores 4 health a second*

My Spear of Bitter Mercy weighs 20units and does 60 damage. And my Dragonbone Currius with an armor rating of 333 and pure immunity to fire owns j00.

..oh..and my Daedric bow does 50 damage, Hoo ha!

*proud owner of most of the rare and legendary items in Morrowind*

I want a multiplayer Skies of Arcadia. Online. I think that'd be interesting, although it'd really have to be balanced.

I'd go on about Steel Battalion's(unreleased for the X-box) sequel should have multiplayer...but it already will. XD

Last Blade 2 was interesting, but I think a nice over-haul in the 2D world is required. I love 2D fighters, but damnit, those pixel-blocks get annoying after seeing much better.

..and I lost afew ideas ;_;

Nidarrock
Sep 23, 2002, 11:18 AM
Multiplayer Morrowind would kick butt.

Old games remade/sequals:
Streets of Rage
Double Dragon
Battletoads(why didn't we ever get the arcade game at home http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )
Medevil

New games remade/sequal:
Baulder's Gate: DA needs sequal
MGS2 needs a remade story. (kill Raiden)
Soul Calibur needs online play
Nascar Thunder 2003 needs online play & 43 cars in multiplayer

BlackRose
Sep 23, 2002, 11:29 AM
I'd like to see SNES Tetris Attack online, mass multiplayer. That way my boot of ass-kicking would reach around the GLOBE!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!

...right. uhh, and Battletoads.

Sojo
Sep 24, 2002, 02:54 PM
Abdur, where the hell do you get that stuff??

Is it from downloaded plugins or what?

I've never seen any daedric weapons at all, but mind you I'm not really all that far into the game...

What I do have kicks ass though... Best weapons I've got right now are a Nordic Claymore (Devastator),
A bunch of Dwemer Shortswords (Jinksword and something else that causes fire plus some unenchanted ones),
Dwarven Claymore (Heaven's Punisher 'cause i made it do lightening damage),
Dwarven Battle Axe (Hack&Dekker)
A Dwarven Warhammer (unenchanted for now)
Ebony Longsword (Black Death)
And a couple of Ebony Spears I knocked off some Daedric Lords...

ABDUR101
Sep 24, 2002, 03:23 PM
On 2002-09-24 12:54, Sojo wrote:
Abdur, where the hell do you get that stuff??

Some of it I find, some of it, like my amulet that constantly restores health, I paid an enchanter to make. It was a pretty price, but well worth it.

Most of my weapons I don't enchant, partly because I've found most of the legendary weapons, and they are good enough. The Spear of Bitter Mercy is my favorite, weighs 20 and does 60 damage. Plus I can carry 705 and do extra damage(via my enchanted shirt and pants, and the two gauntlets of Randagulf which are legendary that I found).

Is it from downloaded plugins or what?

No, I've only played Morrowind on the X-box, which has no downloaded add-ons.

I've never seen any daedric weapons at all, but mind you I'm not really all that far into the game...

I never did for a long time either, but now that I've gone to alot of the ruins, shrines, etc I've met some pretty nice opponents and took their goodies. I have my legendary weapons, armor, shields, etc in two places. Suran at the slave market and Balmora at one of the bigger store places.(The Outfitter next to the armor shop in Balmore)

What I do have kicks ass though... Best weapons I've got right now are a Nordic Claymore (Devastator),
A bunch of Dwemer Shortswords (Jinksword and something else that causes fire plus some unenchanted ones),
Dwarven Claymore (Heaven's Punisher 'cause i made it do lightening damage),
Dwarven Battle Axe (Hack&Dekker)
A Dwarven Warhammer (unenchanted for now)
Ebony Longsword (Black Death)
And a couple of Ebony Spears I knocked off some Daedric Lords...

Really only carry the heavier weapons if you are capable of carrying atleast 400-500 worth of stuff. Depending on what kind of weapon I have, how much it weighs and how much I can carry total, I'd have a shield with it. I've been playing for a long time without a shield, although I've found a Legendary shield with an armor rating of 333 and a Daedric tower shield with an armor rating of 266.

It's just me, my legendary armor/weapons and my beloved amulet that restores 4pts of health every second =)

Back on topic!

I demand a Capcom vs SNK for the X-box, not 3D, but 2D, with extreme detail. Yes, I know it'd be a long time to make, but I'm a bish ;_;

I think Carrier could be done better on a newer system too. It just did'nt pull me in like it should have. =

Heavy Gear 3 for the X-box, with complete customizability, and have it take use of Steel Battalions control board! =D

*wishful thinker that will be let down tremendously*

,_,

Sojo
Sep 24, 2002, 03:43 PM
I do have some pretty heafty weapons, but will only ever carry one of them on my person.

But I will always have some smaller weapons to back them up. At all times I have the Dwemer Jinkblade and a Glass Jinkblade, since both can paralyse.

ALso, I always have my Ice Wakizashi, which is a side-arm for dealing with the local wildlife.

My Hard Hitters right now are Heavens Punisher and Black Death. I keep Black Death on me becasue I can use my Shield with it.

For healing I have "Life Belt" and my new "Healing Kilt" which I made myself and restores 10-20 health points for 2 seconds. It uses 4 units per use and has a charge of 100... I used to have Veloth's Robe which healed 10 points, but it cramped my style and didn't work well with my Bow since the sleeves obscure some vision.

SO far, I've bought no enchantments, just do them all myself. I've got tonnes of soul-gems to do this with. A lot of them containing various Atronachs and Daedra.

I have a lot of wieght to spare, since I carry Glass Armour (Light Armour is my speciality).

ABDUR101
Sep 24, 2002, 03:55 PM
*takes conversation to pm's*
Did'nt realise it was going to keep drawing out x_x

I would'nt mind a TMNT team game for one of the newer systems. I rather liked TMNT:Turtles in Time.

oh oh, and a new Primal Rage damnit!

Nidarrock
Sep 24, 2002, 04:14 PM
You're going to get your TMNT wish sooner than you think. Konami has the rights to do the next game for the turtles next year, sometime(hope not too long) after the new cartoon airs.

I would like to see a Mega Man X game that is more like Super Metroid and/or Castlevania SotN.

RavenTW
Sep 24, 2002, 07:24 PM
Ok, so I have more:

Online capable Armored Core: Man, we Americans keep getting screwed! AC2:AA was supposed to be online, and now 3 is out! STIL no online! This sux!

Online capable Power Stone (based on PW2): PW2 was awesome, now all we need is online capability, and Capcom would have another fighting classic!

Online capable SC: Your right, that would make a good game. Even though only two people would be able to play per game. You could have an online tournament though. (but who would be that patient online while others are kicking butt?)

Shigecki
Sep 25, 2002, 11:28 AM
Online and remake, Xbox needs to look no further that the old school classic, Pong. Yeee-Haaaw.

Sion
Sep 25, 2002, 12:26 PM
i wish sega remade "Guardian Heroes" that game ruled in the saturn 6 players going at it was cool... online would be better hehe

and like most of you i've been dreaming of an online version of Power Stone, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

online version of animal crossing now that would be evil xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sion on 2002-09-25 10:31 ]</font>