PDA

View Full Version : superbowl

cherry
Feb 5, 2006, 05:32 PM
who do you want to win the super bowl

FIDELCASTRO
Feb 5, 2006, 05:40 PM
i would be extremely happy if both teams lost....

this is strangely reminiscent of the 2004 election for me.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 5, 2006, 05:51 PM
On 2006-02-05 14:40, FIDELCASTRO wrote:
this is strangely reminiscent of the 2004 election for me.

What? Is Ralph Nader playing, too?

Tact
Feb 5, 2006, 05:56 PM
To tell the truth, I don't really care who wins. I'm just watching for the commercials. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shigecki
Feb 5, 2006, 06:05 PM
I grew up in Portland OR. As doing so I was forced to watch so many bad Seahawks football teams take the field. The team was never terrible, but was never good either. I now live in Phoenix AZ, where the footabll tradition is the same thing. Neither team would dominate a football game, and need to make a huge fourth quarter comeback to win the game.

I feel this is what makes football the greatest sport in the country, any team has the chance to make the championship game. It has nothing to do with past glory, all teams are on an even playing field, and what each team does determines who is good. Neither of these teams are big market teams, and yet they are playing in the Superbowl. No other sports league can make the same clain.

With all this said I hope the Seahawks kick the shit out of the Steelers, and make all the wathcing of crumby football worth it.....Go Seahawks.

Mixfortune
Feb 5, 2006, 06:23 PM
With all this said I hope the Seahawks kick the shit out of the Steelers, and make all the wathcing of crumby football worth it.....Go Seahawks.

Hell yeah man.
It almost seems like an impossibility that its happened, but it did.

Living near Seattle myself, I wouldn't mind it one bit if the Seahawks won, even if its be forgotten by most everyone a month or so from now.

ajenteks
Feb 5, 2006, 06:26 PM
Go Seattle. Woot.

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 06:29 PM
I'm gonna go with Jimmy The geek's opinion!

Blitzkommando
Feb 5, 2006, 08:50 PM
Seeing that much of my mother's side of the family is from the Seattle area, I'm going to go with the Seahawks. Now... go commercials!

EphekZ
Feb 5, 2006, 10:02 PM
STEELERS FTW!

Shigecki
Feb 5, 2006, 10:26 PM
On 2006-02-05 19:02, darkgunner wrote:
STEELERS FTW!

Officials FTW!

BTW, nice prediction AFTER the game, good call.

Mixfortune
Feb 5, 2006, 10:30 PM
On 2006-02-05 19:26, Shigecki wrote:

Officials FTW!

Indeed.
But it's all good, it was a decent game throughout, and neither side did very bad at all. Though I must say I was impressed with the Steelers when they pulled that one play out of nowhere for the late touchdown.

And the commercials weren't that great, especially for the Superbowl. Halftime show, eh.

ajenteks
Feb 5, 2006, 10:42 PM
Stealers had some really nice plays. There's always next year.

Jehosaphaty
Feb 5, 2006, 10:52 PM
the rolling stones were decent. twenty years ago. personally i thought they sounded awful. least their nipples were covered.

edit: oh yeah, the football part of it. thats about how the game went, nondescript at best. wouldve been nice to see the seahawks win, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2006-02-05 19:53 ]</font>

lain2k3
Feb 5, 2006, 11:00 PM
On 2006-02-05 19:52, Jehosaphaty wrote:
the rolling stones were decent. twenty years ago. personally i thought they sounded awful. least their nipples were covered.

edit: oh yeah, the football part of it. thats about how the game went, nondescript at best. wouldve been nice to see the seahawks win, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2006-02-05 19:53 ]</font>

Completely agreed, except I won $250 because the steelers won.
=p

KaFKa
Feb 5, 2006, 11:17 PM
Am I the only person that thought that the Rolling Stones would have rather not even been there?

Ah well, anything is better than the us-pop crap they've been booking for a while.

silvermax
Feb 5, 2006, 11:21 PM
and then the steelers won

Shigecki
Feb 5, 2006, 11:34 PM
On 2006-02-05 19:52, Jehosaphaty wrote:

Well Mick sounded terrible. If ever a band is living off who they were and not what they are, it has to be the Rolling Stones.

I thought it was kinda weird that Detroit is known for 2 things, cars and Motown, and the NFL has the Rolling Stones play half time. Kinda weird to me at least.

FIDELCASTRO
Feb 6, 2006, 07:28 PM
On 2006-02-05 20:17, KaFKa wrote:
Am I the only person that thought that the Rolling Stones would have rather not even been there?

Ah well, anything is better than the us-pop crap they've been booking for a while.

i said this to my friend today. i saw them in concert on 2/1(yay!) and they were so energetic. first time they'd been here in 36 years, but keith didn't look into it at all.

washuguy
Feb 6, 2006, 09:54 PM
The game was bull,the seahawks got cheated,shoud've won,end of story.

Dre_o
Feb 6, 2006, 10:08 PM
On 2006-02-06 18:54, washuguy wrote:

Were you on that field? No? Good. Cause neither was I. And that is why WE don't have million dollar contracts. I didn't see the game, but it sounds like it was pretty boring.

Tomoki
Feb 6, 2006, 10:30 PM
I'm not a football person, and I didnt watch most of the game, but it seemed to me like the Referees ractically handed it to the steelers.

Sharkyland
Feb 6, 2006, 11:41 PM
Some of the calls, I don't agree. I really thought Steelers would own the Seahawks because of the few AFC games that the Steelers Defense really put on a show especially with #43 (can't spell his name). Throughout the game it seemed evenly matched and it really did show that Seahawks could've dominated the game.

Anyway, it was Seattle's first superbowl (so if they can do the same way next year, I'm pretty sure they will not mess up this time). I always root for the underdogs (or the people with the less superbowls). The only thing I had about the seahawks was the amount of time they took to do a play. Even if they didn't have any shotgun offense, they still did pretty decently against a really good offensive/defensive team. Kinda sucked that some of their best players got injuried early. :/

About the referring... I was a bit disappointed. Of course, it seems in like every single game there is a play that 'nicks' the rule book a bit.

---

Heh, I really didn't want the Steelers to win, 'cause of my team who has a hated passion against them. Being from Baltimore, of course.

washuguy
Feb 6, 2006, 11:50 PM
On 2006-02-06 19:08, Dre_o wrote:

On 2006-02-06 18:54, washuguy wrote:

Were you on that field? No? Good. Cause neither was I. And that is why WE don't have million dollar contracts. I didn't see the game, but it sounds like it was pretty boring.

EXACTLY BUDDY! WE were not on the field,but like I said,they got bummed out of the biggest game of thier lives,because of bs calls. Let me run it down to you man,you shouldnt've got me started! 1st half,there was a play when hasslebeck threw a ball to Jakson,he caught it,touchdown.But wait!Suspect flag.He calls a push off! There was none! The reciever turned arond,and just happened to touch the guy! Next,when it was 3rd and goal,steelers had possesion. Ben jumps,and he gets knocked out of the endzone in mid air no touchdown.They call it good.The guy was 3 inches from td and they give it to him.Then 2nd quarter,matt throws a ball,intercepted by steelers,they call holding. THERE WAS NONE! Even JHON MADDEN,the GOD of FOOTBALL said there was none! And if he didn't see it.you did'nt! I have more,but i'll finish later!