PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions before I go online with GCN

CidHighwind
Feb 5, 2006, 06:02 PM
I just got a broadband adapter today and I really want to get online. I have had the game since it came out and want to go online to get the downloads and play with some people. Just a few questions: Does FSOD destroy your character and if it is possible can I just back up my character file on a second memory card? Also is there still a good number of people online in any of the ships? I know thats asked all the time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Anyway thanks for the info and If you want to play with me send me a pm. (I should have it up and running in about 1-2 days)

Tact
Feb 5, 2006, 06:06 PM
FSOD does not destroy your character, or at least not any time recently...(I think) FSOD only destroys any non-equipped stuff you have on your character at the time of the FSOD. Banked items are safe.

Also, I do not think it is possiblt to backup a character, and even if it was possible, I would not be able to discuss it here. (Breaks Cheating rules)

CidHighwind
Feb 5, 2006, 08:32 PM
Well on the FSOD thing I was just thinking that sometimes if you try to stop it you have to pull out the memory card and that corrupts the data.

Tact
Feb 5, 2006, 08:51 PM
On 2006-02-05 17:32, CidHighwind wrote:
Well on the FSOD thing I was just thinking that sometimes if you try to stop it you have to pull out the memory card and that corrupts the data.

In that case, you may want to check this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=83644&forum=3) out.

metatime
Feb 6, 2006, 01:24 AM
A word of advice for online. If you want to stay legit, dont trade with anyone unless you know that other person is legit too. I see too many new online players running around with a SJS and not knowing it was dupe or hack, lol

I'm usually on after 9 PM EST so let me know if anyone wants to play after that time =P

Zantra
Feb 6, 2006, 03:06 AM
I agree, only play with people that you know, or that you trust.