PDA

View Full Version : Coretta Scott King's funeral

InfinityXXX
Feb 8, 2006, 07:46 PM
Did anyone watch her funeral. I watched it and it was a good funeral and the speakers that all spoke raised up some good points.

Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George Bush senior, George Bush junior, Maya Angelou were there. And all of them got along and they all spoke.

It was a nice and beautiful funeral for a strong, beautiful, woman.

The best part of the funeral(it seems weird to say that) was when Coretta's daughter did the Eulogy. It brought tears to my moms eyes. She honored her mother and she touched on some other things. She said that martin and malcolm is gone and people should stop trying to be them and be themselves. She also talked about unifying the african race along with other races. And she talked about that its time we overcame. Also, behind the scenes, qestions were asked.....how come non of the rappers, the billionairs of the black community, come to her funeral to honor her?

Like I said earlier, it was the most beautiful funeral and Coretta Scott King was honored nicely, but not only that, I found out she fought for a lot of other things up until her passing.

May you rest in peace Coretta Scott King and may you finally see your husband again, the world has lost another great leader.

WashuSaotome
Feb 8, 2006, 09:00 PM
On 2006-02-08 16:46, InfinityXXX wrote:
Also, behind the scenes, qestions were asked.....how come non of the rappers, the billionairs of the black community, come to her funeral to honor her?

Yeah... I noticed that, too...

I guess that they just don't give a hoot. Selfish bastards. *McFist*

Atayin
Feb 8, 2006, 09:24 PM
Also, behind the scenes, qestions were asked.....how come non of the rappers, the billionairs of the black community, come to her funeral to honor her?

Personally, I'm glad they didn't. A lot rappers and certain black celebrities haven't all (if any) obtained their fame and fortune by furthering the black community as a whole. If they had the audasity to show up at that funeral after helping perpetuate the stereotypes that they have for the black community, which have ultimately injured and even crippled things for a lot of us african americans, I would have been outraged.

It was a respectful, honorable occasion. Not a popular, MTV/BET recorded, modern (so called)hip-hop circus. I'm sure the government knew as well, that if it had turned into something "cool" and "pop culture", it would have lead to some very serious problems in this country. I wouldn't be surprised if the rappers weren't even allowed to attend by the powers that be. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but one can't help but speculate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-08 18:26 ]</font>

Skorpius
Feb 8, 2006, 09:50 PM

Maybe they watched it on TV, like you did.

InfinityXXX
Feb 9, 2006, 12:22 AM
On 2006-02-08 18:50, Skorpius wrote:

Maybe they watched it on TV, like you did.

Maybe so, but they have the money for transportation to actually see Coretta King for the last time and I don't know who would pass up on that oppurtunity to see such a great woman that help changed history, especially for themselves but then again they could've just watched it on Tv cuz they couldn't make it but for not "one" to show up........

But you can kind of guess which rappers or entertainers(ofen viewed as the secondary leaders of the african american community)didn't watch or pay respects and you can guess wich ones did.

But I'm gonna agree with the 2nd person who post (I think the name was Atayin). I really wouldn't want certain rappers to show up at the funeral.

Charmander02
Feb 9, 2006, 05:34 PM

Dont they owe it to her to at least come?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 9, 2006, 05:55 PM
The Grammys were just around the corner, who knows?

(was the show pre-recorded or live, I don't remember)

I didn't know it was on until the news cut to President Bush's portion of the proceedings.

washuguy
Feb 11, 2006, 09:21 AM
When I saw, or heard that she died,it made me realize something.The leaders who led these movements for peace and equality,are slowly diein away.They only completed half the mission.Everyone can do what they want now.But what about all the fighting,the hatred,and I still don't think that everyone is equall.So the dream that they all had,or as MLK JR. had has yet to be seen,and prabably won't be seen until we as humans come to an agreement and settle things.